how do you make your phone go into a deep sleep?

Search This thread

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
It's automatic. When you lock the screen it should go into deep sleep. Download cpu spy to check cpu states

Reactions: flipnotiq

SupaKid

May 11, 2010
^^^^^^^ - Bahahaha!

I read the Thread title and started laffing immediately.
========================

Just smash your phone against a wall to make it go into eternal deep sleep, mate.
========================

I believe the chap means 'Juice Defender.' Make sure you don't have apps keeping your phone awake, too.

Last edited:

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
so basically to save you battery . should i use JD?

Right, deep sleep is a battery saving state when phone is not in use. JD makes a smartphone dumb by disabling the radios. It generally uses more battery than it saves. I don't use, nor recommend JD(Have tried it though, and quickly realized it ruins a smartphone and makes no difference in life). However, some people still seem to think it's some great gift from God, but they are mistaken. A simple script to UV and UC/OC can take care of all your battery saving needs. Or if you can't manage to run a script use system tuner to do these things.

If you are planning on running an ICS rom you cannot not UV or OC until kernel source is released, though. You can UC it

Reactions: SupaKid

Master&Slave™

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 14, 2011
Delran
Turn the power off lol

Nah I usually close all apps and cached ones as well. No oc UV apps either

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

SupaKid

May 11, 2010
Like this:

Settings > Applications > Running Services.

Press Menu, and select Show cached processes (you don't have a choice, really).

Now select whichever processes you want and stop them.

Say, M&S, is it ok to stop ALL of those cached processes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's automatic. When you lock the screen it should go into deep sleep. Download cpu spy to check cpu states

No need to use Jack Daniels to put your phone into deep sleep. (I dunno what you mean by use JD lol)

Most ROMS, including 100% unrooted stock will use deep sleep.

Right, deep sleep is a battery saving state when phone is not in use. JD makes a smartphone dumb by disabling the radios. It generally uses more battery than it saves. I don't use, nor recommend JD(Have tried it though, and quickly realized it ruins a smartphone and makes no difference in life). However, some people still seem to think it's some great gift from God, but they are mistaken. A simple script to UV and UC/OC can take care of all your battery saving needs. Or if you can't manage to run a script use system tuner to do these things.

If you are planning on running an ICS rom you cannot not UV or OC until kernel source is released, though. You can UC it
    Is there a special way to close those apps??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda

Put the application monitor widget somewhere on your home screen, open it up, and exit all apps.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA