Looking to sell my note 3 for the G2 (Verizon)

Search This thread

immortal7792

Aug 12, 2010
I am currently looking to sell my Note 3 for the G2 because I took at look at the development section here compared to the Verizon Note 3 and quite frankly...im EXTREMELY JEALOUS haha. Anyway if I sell my Note 3 and buy a G2 off contract will I be able to install custom recovery? Because I can't seem to find an up to date thread on the topic. Sorry if I'm not searching correctly. I believe the Verizon G2 just got the kit kat update if I'm not mistaken and I don't know if that will hinder the ability to do that. Again sorry for being ignorant I just want AOSP again so badly and the Note 3 has to be a jerk off and have a locked bootloader with no work around so yea lol. Thanks in advance!

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
I wouldn't! Come on. You've got a bigger screen, removable battery, expandable storage, and slightly better specs. It's a popular phone, let the dev community build up - it will build up, trust me on that.

immortal7792

Aug 12, 2010
While those may be true. I desire a pure stock android experience. One that can be had on the G2. Numerous devs have continually said the bootloader will more than likely never be unlocked. That means horrible touchwiz nonsense forever! Literally the only thing I would miss would be the expandable storage. The difference in specs will be 100% unnoticeable. Ill just have to put my music on google music but that's no biggie considering I have Unlimited data on Verizon.

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
While those may be true. I desire a pure stock android experience. One that can be had on the G2. Numerous devs have continually said the bootloader will more than likely never be unlocked. That means horrible touchwiz nonsense forever! Literally the only thing I would miss would be the expandable storage. The difference in specs will be 100% unnoticeable. Ill just have to put my music on google music but that's no biggie considering I have Unlimited data on Verizon.

Might I suggest you wait for the Galaxy S5 or the LG G3? We're a month away from their launch.

Edit: Well, maybe more than a month but it's not far away. Also, the Nexus 6 might be perfect for you. There are rumors about a possible June launch.

Last edited:

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
You are kidding right

Your are kidding Right ? Note 3 vs G2. I have the Tmobile LG-G2 rooted and coming from a galaxy S3 I miss it. I only did it because I had EMMC failure and my S3 motherboard died on my S3. So I just got this G2 for $450.00. I could not paid $700 for a Note 3 phone that is crazy . Oh yea I know what your thinking . But you could have paid it broken down on monthly payments. (still $750 BUCKS) Don't get me wrong This LG-G2 is GREAT , but 32Gigs internal memory come on. There is something special about having internal vs ext-sd memory . That my friend is that is SUCKS! the tmobile version does not have ext-sd slot, If it did then this phone would still only be 3 stars, The sound is low even with all the mods out there . what I am trying to tell you is Keep that Note 3 Rooted and Flash a new ROM on it .

immortal7792

Aug 12, 2010
Dang....After a bunch of g2 owners telling me this i will be holding out for something else. Haha. I guess my fun with running aosp and flashing kernels is sadly at an end :( I don't want to accept it! And I KNOW the s5 is going to be even more locked down. God knows if the verizon variant will even get root. I hate that they are doing this. It's ruining part of the reason I love android. The development and the community. Every phone I've owned up until this one has had a vast community on here where things were constantly getting made and developed. New roms new kernels. Now, I can look at the android development section, and then look at it a month later, and nothing will have changed. Makes me a little sad.

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
Not sure where you heard that the bootloader would *never* be unlocked - I wouldn't place bets on that. I'd definitely suggest that you either wait for the bootloader to get unlocked (I'm already seeing 4.4.2 ROMs on the note 3 xda, can't be too long) or you wait for the Galaxy S5. If it were me, I'd keep that Note 3 and do whatever possible to make the interface stock-like - use Nova Launcher, stuff like that - until your phone eventually sees some good AOSP goodies ported over.