[VIDEO] How to Root the Amazon Kindle Fire HD Tablet

Search This thread

HD_Fired

Sep 18, 2012
Launcher without root

I think an alternate launcher would satisy lots of people without having to root.

Hi everyone,

A launcher for the Kindle HD is exactly what I was hoping to find and without rooting the device. My kindle is still on preorder (7", 32gb) so I have time, for sure. I do hope one of you very talented people can work on this.

Thanks!

kbiz01

Dec 21, 2011
Palo Alto
Thanks! The rooting worked like a charm. I too was adventurous and tried the CynogenMod9 gapps for the app store and framework services, they work but are pretty unstable, either crashing or showing updates to existing amazon apps that had updates like it did on my original Kindle Fire.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
About to try titanium. Will post if works. Thanks for the root video.

Update: Got Busybox, Titanium, and Quickboot all to work perfect.

Last edited:

jayper

Sep 17, 2012
Thanks

It looks like there is a type on the OP "abd reboot" should be "adb reboot".

I am very surprised my root method worked, it was found around 7 months ago and it is easily fixed. Just sounds like amazon was being lazy.

It's awesome that all your hard work is now supporting an entirely new group of people! Thanks!

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
It's awesome that all your hard work is now supporting an entirely new group of people! Thanks!

I have just put the finishing touches on an automated version of this for those not so technical. I shall upload it to the kindle fire forum. To the OP, feel free to make a video with the new tool once I have posted it.

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
I have just put the finishing touches on an automated version of this for those not so technical. I shall upload it to the kindle fire forum. To the OP, feel free to make a video with the new tool once I have posted it.

Sounds great. I'll make a video using your tool, and then I'll just post it along with my long hand version.

Thanks for the continuing efforts. The community appreciates it!

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)

allenfrisch

Sep 14, 2011
Mount Laurel, NJ
Wifi Broken After Root

Hey Guys,

I successfully rooted my Kindle Fire HD using the tools found in this thread, then successfully installed Google services and the Play Store. Worked fine for about an hour, then I noticed I no longer had a WIFI connection. I went to Settings and saw that WIFI was turned OFF and that it could not be turned back on. Shut down for a couple of hours to let the WIFI radio cool off, but had no luck when I turned the Kindle back on.

So I did a factory reset on the device. Now I have no WIFI and can't even set up the device with my profile since there's no internet access.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Allen F.

Last edited:

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys,

I successfully rooted my Kindle Fire HD using the tools found in this thread, then successfully installed Google services and the Play Store. Worked fine for about an hour, then I noticed I no longer had a WIFI connection. I went to Settings and saw that WIFI was turned OFF and that it could not be turned back on. Shut down for a couple of hours to let the WIFI radio cool off, but had no luck when I turned the Kindle back on.

So I did a factory reset on the device. Now I have no WIFI and can't even set up the device with my profile since there's no internet access.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Allen F.

I warned folks not to mess with this stuff without the ability to backup. I hope you find a way to resolve this.

Top Liked Posts