[KERNEL/RECOVERY][ICS] Rogue *Stock FC22* (New 3/24/12)

Search This thread

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
Just some experiences to share:

Was on stock rooted EL29 GB. Flashed to Agat's latest themed FC22 with only doing a cache and dalvik wipe. Actually worked pretty well after I did some cleanup. However, there were a few glitches so I wanted to go back to my nand of EL29. I was too lazy to Odin back to a EL26/29 rom so I just took the plunge and restored my EL29 nandroid using this recovery. There was no problem.

Long story short is I belive that flashing back and forth between GB and ICS rooms is fine as long as both are TW based. Once you throw anything AOSP in there things have a potential for brickage. Mind you, this is only my experience.

PPL don't follow proper steps it Cleary said on op that to flash this ROM up have to go back to proper clockwork mod or flash cm7 or miui which has the right clockwork mod to flash Cm9 or other aosp rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

kasper19

Oct 6, 2011
is it okay to use this kernel with the CM9 Alpha 1 that darchstar posted up this past weekend? Obviously, I know I can't use this to flash CM9, but I'm referring to using it after the fact.

Kruxoli

Nov 26, 2009
Queens NYC
Thanks Steady. Just Odin Flashed this...I got the yellow triangle back, but no biggie...would rather have CWM and the yellow triangle than no CWM.

THANKS AGAIN.

blackcanopy

Apr 7, 2011
near Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Steady. Just Odin Flashed this...I got the yellow triangle back, but no biggie...would rather have CWM and the yellow triangle than no CWM.

THANKS AGAIN.

If you prefer using Odin over flashing in CWM, try using mobile Odin to flash a kernel, you will not get the yellow triangle. I don't think it will get rid of it if you currently have it, but once you get rid of it, you can keep it away by using mobile Odin. It also doesn't make your Odin count go up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: Kruxoli

cjwaggsrx8

Jun 3, 2011
In case anybody's wondering.. this thing rocks on cm9. 4000+ quads(not that that matters or anything) just buttery goodness!

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008

THANKS AGAIN.

If you Auto Root Option D to install fc22+cwm-rogue you won't get the yellow triangle. Mobile Odin works too. Both assume you are already rooted.

oiad

Nov 19, 2007
This kernel seems to drain my battery much faster than the fc22 packed in the 325 cm9. It appears the governor is keeping the processor running too high when the screen is on. I flashed back to the cm9 325 kernel and it goes down to 200 correctly just like it did before flashing.

I do use a lwp. Possibly this kernel is not handling it correctly? Looking at CPU spy it is going down when the screen is off correctly. My battery dropped 20% in an hour with the screen barely on. Yesterday on the previous kernel I made it 16 hours with use.

alchemist316

Jan 5, 2011
greenwich ct
This kernel seems to drain my battery much faster than the fc22 packed in the 325 cm9. It appears the governor is keeping the processor running too high when the screen is on. I flashed back to the cm9 325 kernel and it goes down to 200 correctly just like it did before flashing.

I do use a lwp. Possibly this kernel is not handling it correctly? Looking at CPU spy it is going down when the screen is off correctly. My battery dropped 20% in an hour with the screen barely on. Yesterday on the previous kernel I made it 16 hours with use.

Have you tried going to fc18 I set clock to 800 Max min 200 and and its at 800 on avg 43% of the time and the rest of the time lower . I'm using codename and I did see what you are saying sitting at 1200 ..

oiad

Nov 19, 2007
Have you tried going to fc18 I set clock to 800 Max min 200 and and its at 800 on avg 43% of the time and the rest of the time lower . I'm using codename and I did see what you are saying sitting at 1200 ..

I haven't tries the fc18 but I see the same with the stock (non-rogue) fc22. I'm at 58% for 200mhz.

Kruxoli

Nov 26, 2009
Queens NYC
If you prefer using Odin over flashing in CWM, try using mobile Odin to flash a kernel, you will not get the yellow triangle. I don't think it will get rid of it if you currently have it, but once you get rid of it, you can keep it away by using mobile Odin. It also doesn't make your Odin count go up.

If you Auto Root Option D to install fc22+cwm-rogue you won't get the yellow triangle. Mobile Odin works too. Both assume you are already rooted.

Thanks for the tips. Question though: Does the Download count "do anything?" is there a limit? Also, I really don't care if the yellow triangle is there or not, I'm not a snob in that sense. As long as the actual functional stuff is...well...functional, I could care less about (certain) aesthetics. Thanks again, I've got to say the support here AWESOME.

schlonky

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks for the tips. Question though: Does the Download count "do anything?" is there a limit? Also, I really don't care if the yellow triangle is there or not, I'm not a snob in that sense. As long as the actual functional stuff is...well...functional, I could care less about (certain) aesthetics. Thanks again, I've got to say the support here AWESOME.

They are both evidence that you installed custom software on your phone which could potentially cause warranty/repair issues. I think that is the main reason people prefer to avoid them if possible. Of course, some probably just find the yellow triangle annoying.

indratj

Jul 1, 2007
Jakarta
They are both evidence that you installed custom software on your phone which could potentially cause warranty/repair issues. I think that is the main reason people prefer to avoid them if possible. Of course, some probably just find the yellow triangle annoying.

Is there any way to reset back the counter?

konman21

Apr 19, 2011
Random question, since the OP says that its not recommended to flash any roms what other alternatives do i have to flash with?

can i use CWM from the Market to flash or is MobilOdin ok to flash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TheRogueLogoGreen.png

CWM Rogue Recovery
    &
    Rogue *Stock FC22* Kernel

Presented By-

TDR
    Bazar6
    Darchstar
    Steady Hawkin

Warning-

***DO NOT USE THIS RECOVERY TO FLASH ANY ROM***

Known Issues-

-Flashing anything for ICS is risky and could result in bricking your device. It has been said a safe bet is using stock EL26 CWR to flash. By flashing our repack you agree that we are not held liable.

-You will not receive any OTA after flashing this.

-You will not be able to install apps to external sdcard on CM9 (you can still access external sdcard though)

General-

**This kernel and recovery does not install superuser or busybox, please have both installed prior to flashing.**

Rogue Recovery v1.2.3 Includes:
    • CWM 5.0.2.8 Base
    • Overhauled UI
    • New menus
    • Fewer clicks
    • Take a look and see what else
    • *See changelog

Kernel Includes:
    • Based on Calkulin's stock pulled FC22
    • Bootanimation Support
    • Init.d Support
    • *See changlog

Install Instructions-

ODIN-

-Make a nandroid in your current recovery then proceed
    -Download tar from link below
    -Place phone in download mode
    -Open Odin and make sure only auto reboot is selected in the option list
    -Click PDA and select the Rogue tar, then select start
    -Let the phone boot back up fully, then reboot for best results
    -Sit back and bask in the Rogue glory!

CWM-

-Make a backup in your current recovery
    -Download zip from link below
    -Place zip on sdcard
    -Boot into recovery and install zip
    -Let the phone boot back up fully, then update profile and PRL
    -Reboot
    -Sit back and bask in the Rogue glory!

Download-

ODIN-

Rogue Stock FC22 (Odin Tar)

CWM ZIP-

Rogue Stock FC22 (CWM Zip)

Source-

Can be found on Github- HERE

Thank You-

Koush
    CyanogenMod Team
    j-r0dd
    Calkulin
    codeworkx

Donate to Team Rogue HERE

-Follow me on Twitter/G-Plus for update info-
    Sorry its been a while guys. For those of you who missed my G+ post, here is the deal. I did get the Sprint G-Nex and gave my wife my E4GT. Once source is released we will likely release one last source built kernel as well as an updated recovery. I will likely need a few testers since I don't use the phone anymore. With that being said, test builds will be released on my G+ page when we start geting close for anyone who wants to help. Test builds will be posted there, final build will be posted here. I want to thank all of you for the support you showed us over the last few months, Android would not be what it is without you!

-Steady
    I've restored GB nandroid backups using ICS-based Rogue CWM and restored ICS nandroid backups using GB-based Rogue CWM. It has worked fine, even many releases ago.

I don't do it anymore because I just don't have the energy to deal with a brick right now and the scenarios for a brick aren't always deterministic. Steady (developer for Rogue CWM) did the same operations a few times and they worked fine, then on 3rd or 4th try it bricked with the data partition corruption problem.

It is one thing when you can say just avoid doing XYZ and you will for sure not brick. It is another to say that even if XYZ worked 10 times for you, the 11th time might brick.

Personally I will just do what works for me until someone can point out exactly why the bricks are happening (ie point out the code that changed and the actual mechanism of the data partition corruption brick) I have my suspicions as well, but likely we won't know until the source is released and people can look over the emmc kernel driver code. We already know Samsung has emmc driver changes because they took the change that exposed the two boot partitions (that's how triangle away works)

The purpose of all the warnings is just to make people aware that there is a problem and people don't know the real cause. What folks do beyond that is up to them.

Anyway, use whatever works for you. If you are set up to handle bricks or it wouldn't be a big deal, then use the ICS-based CWM all you want. It will work for most operations without issues. There is just that chance that things that have worked multiple times could suddenly result in a brick. It might even be that the problem only affects certain versions of the emmc or mainboard, so some people will never see the problem and some people will see it right away.
    -Partial Changelog-

FC22 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC22 (Thanks Calkulin)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.3

FC18 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC18 (Thanks Calkulin)
    *Select ondemand cpu governor and noop I/O scheduler in init

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.3
    +Added reboot to download mode in Advanced menu

FC07 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC07 (Thanks Calkulin)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.2

FC06 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC06 (Thanks Calkulin)
    *Adjusted mount settings

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.2

FB27 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    *Updated kernel and initramfs blobs to FB27
    *Changed bootanimation handling again (note: not recommended to have both /system/bin/bootanimation and /system/bin/samsungani present at the same time)
    +Replaced missing FOTA parts
    *Changed dalvik-cache permissions to 773 for sbrissen-CM9

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.2
    +Backported some recovery patches from CWM 5.5
    *Adjusted recovery text layout a bit

FB21 rev2 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    *Add explicit handling for /data/system to fix bootloop on factory reset (thanks Calkulin!)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.1

FB21 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Based on stock pulled FB21 (Thanks Calkulin!)
    +Works on both stock ICS Touchwiz Roms and CM9

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.1

FB17 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Based on stock pulled FB17 (Thanks ACS Team!)
    +init.d and bootanimation support
    *Adjust mount options in init.rc
    *Modified init files for CM9 (C build only)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.1
    *Fix USB mount error
    *Fix toggle options in menus
    *Fix script assert toggle
    **Disable assert is still broken

FB15 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    ***Recovery mounting is broken***
    *Rogue v1.2.0
    +Updated to CWM 5.0.2.8, bugfixes
    +Roboto font, style changes
    *Fix script assert switch

Kernel-
    +Based on stock pulled FB15 (Thanks Calkulin!)

EL29 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.1.2

Kernel-
    +Based on EL29 stock pulled kernel (Thanks Calkulin and puertoblack2003 !)
    +Based on Codeworkx's initramfs
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EL26 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.1.2

Kernel-
    +Based on EL26 stock pulled kernel (Thanks Calkulin!)
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EL13 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    +Confirmation screen in low space situation
    *Rogue v1.1.2

Kernel-
    +Based on EL13 stock pulled kernel (Thanks Calkulin!)
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EK02 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.1

Kernel-
    +Based on kingsway8605's stock pulled EK02 kernel
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EG30 rev2 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    +Based on CWR 5.0.2.7 (with old keyconfig)
    +Backup/Restore on internal storage (/emmc)
    +Mount internal storage over USB

Kernel-
    *Remained unchanged

EG30 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    +Based on CWM 5.0.2.6
    +Overhauled UI
    +Fewer clicks & new menus (Thanks j-r0dd)
    +Battery level in conformation screen

Kernel-
    +Based on Bubby's stock pulled EG30 kernel
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

-Archive-

-ICS-

Rogue Stock FC18

Rogue Stock FC07

Rogue Stock FC06

Rogue Stock FB27