[ROM][ODIN]SPH-L900 MK4 (MK4 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

Search This thread

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
First, a HUGE thanks goes @garwynn for being my partner through all of this and then to @sfhub (for teaching me how to create Odin One-Click.exe files and creating the original thread I'm using as a template for this one), @agat63 (for helping me get the hang of what sfhub started teaching me), @MoHoGalore for helping test and put together so many of these one-clicks and to everyone else in our community who makes this possible!

This Odin One-Click.exe contains the Stock MK4 Bootloader, Kernel, Modem and ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900). Yes, that means this comes with the full Knox Bootloader.

There has been no change to the ROM from the initial build released by Samsung.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the Odin flash count.

This one-click resets your whole phone to the stock MK4 experience, similar to a factory restore and it may wipe all data. It also contains the full bootloader and Knox.

Instructions:
1: Backup anything important and Disable any PINs.
During this process your phone's software will be returned to the Stock setup. All system data will be lost. To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or Dropbox.

2: Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary).
Samsung Drivers Download Link

3: Download the MK4 Stock ROM One-Click.
SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe (Resets user data)

4: Unzip One-Click ROM using 7zip (this package is a self-extracting exe you should just be able to double-click on it after download and it will do the rest).

5: Start the Odin One-Click.
Navigate to the location where the SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive.
Double-click on SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

6: Place phone in Download Mode.
- Power phone completely off.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
- Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
- Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

7: Connect USB cable to PC and phone.
Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

8: Start Odin flash process.
Press [Start].

9: Complete - PASS!
Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.

Android Instructions:
Download and install ZArchiver on your phone. Use it to unpack the Odin One-Click 7zip self-extracting exe file (long press on the 7zip exe. Select "Open As Archive". Select the One-Click.exe and then select Extract). Use Mobile Odin to Open File the SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. FYI - Modem will not flash with Mobile Odin.

The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Sprint 4G logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Factory Restore MK4 build!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][ODIN]SPH-L900 MK4 (MK4 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
rwilco12
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2015-02-09
Last Updated 2015-02-09

Last edited:

rwilco12

Thanks for this rwillco, not a big deal, but I'm sure people will call you on it & ask if they're in the right place but, on # 3 in op, it says MK3, not MK4, just an fyi. Thanks again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thanks for catching that! I've fixed it now. :)

Dedline

Apr 29, 2013
Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.

Hey guys,

I was recently on the new OTA 4.3, then wiped and rooted after flashing an old PTALJ1 and re updating. Although it was weird that KNOX remained in the bootloader and still said i had Custom Binary Counts (YES 2 Counts) current binary was custom and system status was custom. The KNOX WARRANT VOID had a 1 next to it and AP SWREV:A2

This was after countless times trying to wipe all data and do a complete fresh wipe like I used to always do using the KIES_HOME_L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1_265523_REV04_user_low_ship.tar

For some reason after going to stock 4.3 then backwards to rooted 4.1.2 I had this issue. So I found this on this forums. Gave it a spin and so far seems to have worked great, except when I restart and reboot into download mode, I still show same custom binary counts and knox warranty void. When I reboot I get that system UI has stopped working message. I also am missing icons in the pull down drawer, all that shows is airplane mode and one other. No option to add more.

I am hoping someone can shed some light on what I did wrong or what I can do to fix my issues. All I want is everything back to normal for now, no custom binaries, no voided knox warranty, and system UI working. Thanks guys

rchampagne

Aug 2, 2011
Florida
hey there!

First, thank you for this. I used this to finally unsoftbrick my sprint note 2. I am now back into android. However, I do not have cell service. is there anything i can to to fix this?

rwilco12

hey there!

First, thank you for this. I used this to finally unsoftbrick my sprint note 2. I am now back into android. However, I do not have cell service. is there anything i can to to fix this?

I would try updating profile and PRL. If that doesn't work verify that your modem is showing under About Phone correctly. If not reflash the One-Click and see if the modem sticks.

rchampagne

Aug 2, 2011
Florida
I would try updating profile and PRL. If that doesn't work verify that your modem is showing under About Phone correctly. If not reflash the One-Click and see if the modem sticks.

Basband shows as unknown

Also, try entering ##72786# to re-activate on the network.

tried, but since baseband shows as unknown, i just get the message, "mobile network not available"

even worse, i have the dreaded 1 counter in the knox warranty void now as well

I'm trying a fresh download of the one click and then reflash to see what happens. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
I would like to but haven't had much time these last few weeks. :(
just wanted to give a quick thanks rwilco for this file, it's the last one i'll be DLing from this section before I move on to the Note3 section. between you, garwyn, and platty, you guys kept my device in the newest and best. again, thanks, and see ya'll on the flipside!

Reactions: rwilco12

syphen6

Feb 19, 2008
I installed this now I cant figure out how to get root back , knox wont let me install terminal emulator from the play store any other ways of disabiling knox ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, a HUGE thanks goes @garwynn for being my partner through all of this and then to @sfhub (for teaching me how to create Odin One-Click.exe files and creating the original thread I'm using as a template for this one), @agat63 (for helping me get the hang of what sfhub started teaching me), @MoHoGalore for helping test and put together so many of these one-clicks and to everyone else in our community who makes this possible!

This Odin One-Click.exe contains the Stock MK4 Bootloader, Kernel, Modem and ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900). Yes, that means this comes with the full Knox Bootloader.

There has been no change to the ROM from the initial build released by Samsung.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the Odin flash count.

This one-click resets your whole phone to the stock MK4 experience, similar to a factory restore and it may wipe all data. It also contains the full bootloader and Knox.

Instructions:
    1: Backup anything important and Disable any PINs.
    During this process your phone's software will be returned to the Stock setup. All system data will be lost. To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or Dropbox.

2: Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary).
    Samsung Drivers Download Link

3: Download the MK4 Stock ROM One-Click.
    SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe (Resets user data)

4: Unzip One-Click ROM using 7zip (this package is a self-extracting exe you should just be able to double-click on it after download and it will do the rest).

5: Start the Odin One-Click.
    Navigate to the location where the SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive.
    Double-click on SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

6: Place phone in Download Mode.
    - Power phone completely off.
    - Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
    - Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
    - Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

7: Connect USB cable to PC and phone.
    Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

8: Start Odin flash process.
    Press [Start].

9: Complete - PASS!
    Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.

Android Instructions:
    Download and install ZArchiver on your phone. Use it to unpack the Odin One-Click 7zip self-extracting exe file (long press on the 7zip exe. Select "Open As Archive". Select the One-Click.exe and then select Extract). Use Mobile Odin to Open File the SPH-L900_MK4_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. FYI - Modem will not flash with Mobile Odin.

The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Sprint 4G logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Factory Restore MK4 build!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][ODIN]SPH-L900 MK4 (MK4 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rwilco12
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2015-02-09
    Last Updated 2015-02-09
    in my experience, any device section has 3 waves of users , the early adapters (technical tinkerer and addict), the upgrade bandwagon (average user, knows what root is), and the got it used and cheap (how do I getz free hot spot, yo!?!11!? Can ths B flash'd to Metro?!).
    I wonder if you guys will get that third wave....

Sent from my calculator watch.

You forgot one of the groups! The wannabe early adopters who are too broke to afford an upgrade. I'm unfortunately in that group. Lol
    I installed this now I cant figure out how to get root back , knox wont let me install terminal emulator from the play store any other ways of disabiling knox ?

yeah go here I rooted my knoxed up 4.3 and manually removed the knox files, I can't manage to upgrade prl or profile though (probably knox related). I'll try flashing again this weekend.

Note 2 forum is dying fast. must... stay.. together... LOL
    Quick question I have two files that are Full Restore files one is 836 mb the other is 1456 mb which is the correct one to use?

Thank you sir for the reply and your work with our phones. I have a question for you if you don't mind. You were talking about a new phone I assume a Note 3? Is it me or is the Note 3 just doesn't have the WOW factor. I mean it's a wonderful phone for sure but it just wasn't that jaw dropping for me. I will probably wait on the Note 4 or if it possible Nexus 6. Any other phone you think is worth the jump?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to stay with my Note 2 for as long as possible. It has been my favorite phone (after my old Palm Pre). Only problem is my speaker is going out on it and I can't afford to replace it right now. :(

I do agree that there wasn't as much wow as I had hoped but it's still fairly decent. I'm holding out hope for the S5 or that maybe Sony will come to Sprint.

In the meantime I've been impressed with both the Nexus 5 and the LG G2. I just don't know if either one is THE phone I want.