ROM/Radio for unlocked T-mobile s4?

Search This thread

Vertig0

Mar 28, 2007
Hello,

Recently my friend gave me a T-mobile S4 which I successfully unlock using this ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283068 )method. I aslo was able to install Chaos (universal) ROM and seems to be working fine, but I have a few questions.

• Can I install an ATT ROM/Radio or I need to stick to universal ROMs?
  • Can I lose unlock status if I upgrade the radio?

TIA!

Last edited:

crawler9

Mar 30, 2010
Ohio
I've never tried ATT ROMs and haven't seen much mention of them in this forum, but I know i9505 ROMs usually work if the developer hasn't put specific device checks in the updater-script. I would guess ATT ROMs will work as well. You may need to flash a T-Mobile kernel though. Radios that are not specific to your device should not be flashed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vertig0

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
OnePlus 8T
  • Can I install an ATT ROM/Radio or I need to stick to universal ROMs?
  • Can I lose unlock status if I upgrade the radio?

Why would you want an ATT Rom or radio? The Tmobile radio package supports more frequencies than the AT&T version. I am currently using my M919 on an AT&T mvno and my girlfriend has the I337 (AT&T S4) so Ive switched sims around on both and could find no significant difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've never tried ATT ROMs and haven't seen much mention of them in this forum, but I know i9505 ROMs usually work if the developer hasn't put specific device checks in the updater-script. I would guess ATT ROMs will work as well. You may need to flash a T-Mobile kernel though. Radios that are not specific to your device should not be flashed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk