Screen in sunlight

Search This thread

robmc826

Dec 25, 2012
How is the x in bright sunlight. The galaxy nexus I am using now is horrible in the sun. Even at full brightness.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
How is the x in bright sunlight. The galaxy nexus I am using now is horrible in the sun. Even at full brightness.

I am waiting for a latest version of a brand new X phone just to see if solves viewing in sunlight issues. One buggy warranty Repl did have a very bright screen.

All my dim examples & store demos have been on HW from the era of the 1st 422 builds. More here
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/dim-screen-issues-t2739930/post52398296

Last edited:

kenrw7

Dec 19, 2012
I use velis auto brightness which is a slight improvement on stock for sunlight ( and better battery). But the sunlight legability is nowhere as good as Samsung's even Sony's are little better.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

robmc826

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for the info. I am outside a lot. So sunlight legibility is important to me

The Tallest

Jul 25, 2013
I find the Moto X's screen in the sun is absolutely rubbish. My old Nexus had better visibility in the sun. The X is terrible.

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
Mine is fine... But you have to take off your sunglasses :cool:

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Free mobile app

There are two types of screens in the direct sunlight: bad and worse. I've patiently endured that problem for years. Then I found an unexpected solution. When I found out that Gorilla 3 glass is not as solid as it supposed to be I decided to buy a screen protection despite I dislike it. I opted for the antiglare one. After application I discovered two significant changes: All of sudden the white color wasn't white any more but slightly gray with blurred dots in all primary colors (what didn't bother me much). But surprisingly the screen started to look and fell like a sheet of paper and not like a mirror any more. And that's how I eliminated an effect of direct sunlight to the screen.