I9100, I9101 and I9103

Search This thread

mawardi

Mar 19, 2011
There are Galaxy S II variants for International market. I9101 is NFC-enabled while I9103 is Tegra 2-based. So, which one will get the most of the development here? It's soooo important for me. I see that Galaxy SL has very little attention from devs. So, I don't want to be on a loser's side. Or is it not gonna be like Galaxy S/SL?

Reactions: paolo213

LyInIa

Mar 19, 2009
I think active contributors are also early users, the i9100 should be a good base. Anyway, the nfc ver. is very similar. The tegra based will be less followed I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Dark_Lord0122

May 28, 2011
Hamad Town
I think that developers will focus more on the I9100 as its the first version to get release in the UK. the NFC version shouldn't be that much of a difference the tegra 2 will get less attention.

There are Galaxy S II variants for International market. I9101 is NFC-enabled while I9103 is Tegra 2-based. So, which one will get the most of the development here? It's soooo important for me. I see that Galaxy SL has very little attention from devs. So, I don't want to be on a loser's side. Or is it not gonna be like Galaxy S/SL?

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
Technically NFC is only difference between I9100 and I9101, so same development can be applied.. for Tegra 2 version, all CPU development will be bit different.. Gamer lovers will like tigra 2(though I9100 is better for all non-Tegra games).. most Devs are into Roms, themes, root, overclock.. so for me I9100 is safe bet

Sleepycat3

May 8, 2011
I think that developers will focus more on the I9100 as its the first version to get release in the UK. the NFC version shouldn't be that much of a difference the tegra 2 will get less attention.

The I9103 with its Tegra 2 chip should run existing software that is tailored for Tegra 2. Since there is huge backing behind Tegra 2, the I9103 is not really getting less attention.

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
since many "tegra" games already run on the i9100, and that the exynos is so much faster, tegra is like, bleh.
also the tegra version is a super lcd i think?

Sleepycat3

May 8, 2011
since many "tegra" games already run on the i9100, and that the exynos is so much faster, tegra is like, bleh.

"Many" refers mostly to the Gameloft games. There are many other 3D games out there that the exynos can't run. I'd say "handful" instead.

BlueScreenJunky

Feb 25, 2010
"Many" refers mostly to the Gameloft games. There are many other 3D games out there that the exynos can't run. I'd say "handful" instead.

errr, nope, Gameloft has never done any "Tegra 2 only" games that I'm aware of, so all their games will probably be updated to support Exynos eventually.
I think "many" referred to the games which are supposed to run only on Tegra 2 devices like Samurai Revenge 2 HD, Pinball HD, or Guerilla Bob THD, but which work perfectly on Exynos once you use the appropriate drivers, proving that the "Tegra 2 optimised" is just marketting and a software lock.

Just wanted to make that clear, but actually I agree that most games will probably be optimised for Tegra 2 since it will be the most common platform. (Also Xperia play seems to have lots of games designed for it... I guess it's good news for those who are stuck on single core/Adreno 205 phones...)

Mew178

Jun 1, 2011
Osijek

We in Croatia are getting the Tegra version and it does indeed have a Super Amoled+ diplay. Still it's only clocked at 1.0 Ghz compared to the 1.2 Ghz of the Exynos :mad:

stoolzo

Dec 27, 2008
I think its way too early to suggest any particular variant will get more dev, i have to say though that I don't think we know which chipset the NFC version will have though either.

It will ultimately depend on which phones hits the devs hands and that will probably be determined by region and quantity rather that who got which first first and what chipset it is running.

We are just going to have to see, but also hope that some of the dev is interchangeable between handsets with a few minor tweaks.

ghost77

May 23, 2010
Some nice comparsion charts:

Uhh that is a very bad charts they stole early benchmark pictures from anandtech site here is original early preview, they were done on 1ghz and old firmware SGS2, i ran GLBenchmark 2.0 on another site as part of review , SGS2 blows anything away.

6gM4s.jpg

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
first, waiting for S I909 the dual on CDMA-GSM galaxy, but since theres no information about the exact time, i went to I9100, magnificent masterpiece by samsung

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.