[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

Search This thread

Blenky

Aug 14, 2012
Hove
When I leave my Nook HD+ overnight I find that the wireless stops working. Its on but can't find a network. To fix it I need to reboot the device. Its then OK until I leave it overnight. Anyone else get this? I'm on the March 7th build.

agantai

Apr 26, 2013
CM11 is great but shame my ps3 controller wont connect to my nook HD tablet via blue tooth or even usb cable sad as this 7 inch tablet is a decent performer,it runs gta,assassins creed,colin mcrae rally just fine & crazy taxi sequel is out this year so would love it if CM11 dev can fix the blue tooth issue. some people say the controller works on stock 2.1.1 firmware but i wont move from CM11 to CM10 let alone to nook's own OS.

Odenknight

Apr 16, 2011
CM11 is great but shame my ps3 controller wont connect to my nook HD tablet via blue tooth or even usb cable sad as this 7 inch tablet is a decent performer,it runs gta,assassins creed,colin mcrae rally just fine & crazy taxi sequel is out this year so would love it if CM11 dev can fix the blue tooth issue. some people say the controller works on stock 2.1.1 firmware but i wont move from CM11 to CM10 let alone to nook's own OS.

For those that are grumbling about the BlueTooth not working with older devices/controllers (Wii remotes for example), the issue is with the bluetooth stack for Adroid 4.2 and beyond. While I am not well versed on the issue to explain it properly, it's something to do with adopting a new coding protocol or abandoning an older one that worked with devices like the Wii Remotes, ect. Stinks for those of us who have the older devices (like myself), but all of my newer BT devices work without issues.

JanSpatschek

Dec 1, 2012
Waidhofen
www.rlbrt.de
I think the key is to not have been upgrading to the m4 from a recent nightly. M4 was awful for those of us who had week old nightlies before.

I am back on the 3/10. Any word on what caused the boot loop on 3/13 so we can keep an eye on the changelog for a fix? Paging Dr Verygreen :)

BTW the 3/10 is super stable and everything works great so far. I haven't tried hw accelerated video yet tho.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Could you maybe reupload the 3/10 Nightly please? You said it is stable but it isn't available for download anymore ...

Last edited:

mr72

Aug 2, 2010
Austin, TX
Could you maybe reupload the 3/10 Nightly please? You said it is stable but it isn't available for download anymore ...

I have nowhere to put it. I am sure a later nightly is also stable.

Speaking of which, I just upgraded to last night's nightly, and the boot loop is gone. OTOH, it did inexplicably just shut down on me, cause unknown just yet. Not sure it's the most stable just yet, but I'll give it the day before passing judgment.

The build I was running last week was solid as a rock, I think that was the 3/10.

Last edited:

pdx1138

Jun 30, 2013

it should work if you get a gender changer for the nook cable and plug the ps3 controller in to a hub
it worked in CM 10.x but I didn't like being physically connected so got another blue tooth controller.

you have to plug the gender changer into a usb hub, then plug the ps3 controller to the hub
and enable USB host control on the Nook. Look in the thread by VeryGreen about CM 10x,
the instructions on the first page.

agantai

Apr 26, 2013
it should work if you get a gender changer for the nook cable and plug the ps3 controller in to a hub
it worked in CM 10.x but I didn't like being physically connected so got another blue tooth controller.

you have to plug the gender changer into a usb hub, then plug the ps3 controller to the hub
and enable USB host control on the Nook. Look in the thread by VeryGreen about CM 10x,
the instructions on the first page.

thanks but i too prefer blue tooth connection,which blue tooth controller did you buy ? and does it work on all games that support controller ?

i'm thinking about buying a Moga Pro but it's expensive for an android controller.

pdx1138

Jun 30, 2013
thanks but i too prefer blue tooth connection,which blue tooth controller did you buy ? and does it work on all games that support controller ?

i'm thinking about buying a Moga Pro but it's expensive for an android controller.

I bought the original Moga and was very unimpressed and returned it.

Very happy with the GameStop "Red Samurai" blue tooth controller.
it's like the ps3 controller in shape and feel. Works with every game I've
tried so far.

It has a button for keyboard or game mode, so you can customize it.
no app required to make it work.

turn on blue tooth and it pairs.

Classpro

Jul 25, 2009
I'm having the same problem with wifi disconnecting on sleep, and needing to by cycled on wake. Latest nightly. Any solution?

agantai

Apr 26, 2013
I bought the original Moga and was very unimpressed and returned it.

Very happy with the GameStop "Red Samurai" blue tooth controller.
it's like the ps3 controller in shape and feel. Works with every game I've
tried so far.

It has a button for keyboard or game mode, so you can customize it.
no app required to make it work.

turn on blue tooth and it pairs.

shame the red samurai controller is only available in the US,thanks for the reply though :)

mr72

Aug 2, 2010
Austin, TX
Do you have "Keep WiFi on During Sleep" set to "Always"?

FWIW this is not necessary. I have mine set to "Only when plugged", works just fine.

BTW, I haven't combed the changelogs to determine what could be happening, but going from the 0310 to the 0317 nightly has made a HUGE improvement in battery life. Normally I see almost exactly 10%/hr drain when reading (screen on). I plot this only because it's the most consistent activity I do. Last night I noticed 1:30 of screen-on reading only drained 9% battery, so that's about 6% per hour, nearly double the battery life. At this rate it looks like my HD+ will perform similarly to my NC on CM7. That's a tall order!

Reactions: Whyzor

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
Quick question im new to nook HD plus but not new to XDA and flashing devices..ect

I initially flashed cm11 and CWM 6.0.3.6 from SD to EEMC but now when i try to flash any CM11 nightly ROMS from internal SD i get error 7. CM10 ROMS are fine. From what i gathered I am i supposed to flash kitkat roms from external SD is this correct? ... really weird

SUOrangeman

Feb 26, 2013
Been a while, sdcard update?

I haven't been paying attention, but is there a means for creating an update for sdcard installs? The first post suggests that the sdcard image may not have been updates in two months.

-SUO

Reactions: ajislav

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I haven't been paying attention, but is there a means for creating an update for sdcard installs? The first post suggests that the sdcard image may not have been updates in two months.

-SUO
They need to be manually created by verygreen. He has not updated since January.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Quick question im new to nook HD plus but not new to XDA and flashing devices..ect

I initially flashed cm11 and CWM 6.0.3.6 from SD to EEMC but now when i try to flash any CM11 nightly ROMS from internal SD i get error 7. CM10 ROMS are fine. From what i gathered I am i supposed to flash kitkat roms from external SD is this correct? ... really weird

I think the KK(CM11) will only install on CWM 6.0.4.6 or later

Edit** From the OP:
The install is a lot similar to how it was done in CM10.2 days, but you will need a new recovery image (and a new sdcard image for those doing initial install):

So, For Nook HD+: Initial ovation sdcard image (cwm) | ovation recovery image (CWM)
For Nook HD: hummingbird Initial sdcard image | hummingbird recovery image (CWM)

Reactions: demo23019

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
I think the KK(CM11) will only install on CWM 6.0.4.6 or later

Edit** From the OP:
The install is a lot similar to how it was done in CM10.2 days, but you will need a new recovery image (and a new sdcard image for those doing initial install):

So, For Nook HD+: Initial ovation sdcard image (cwm) | ovation recovery image (CWM)
For Nook HD: hummingbird Initial sdcard image | hummingbird recovery image (CWM)

Im stupid i thought i flashed latest CWM just flashed cwm-recovery-ovation-6 all set now thanks for heads up :)

Reactions: kangi26

Top Liked Posts