{S}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

aborakan

Jan 24, 2011
does there a way to flash it by DoomLord Recovery ?

i tried with FXP116 and i culdint success with flashing it. :confused:

onemandivision

Jun 10, 2011
does there a way to flash it by DoomLord Recovery ?

i tried with FXP116 and i culdint success with flashing it. :confused:

You have to flash the boot.IMG from the zip file with fastboot! This will replace the doom kernel and recovery with the freexperia kernel. Since Freexperia is ICS, dooms gb kernel wont work.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please correct me.

Reactions: aborakan

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
It's the same as 116

Once again it would not install from the FXP recovery (assert error). Neither would it from DooMKerneL recovery. I installed from Bin4ry's original recovery as last time.

No - There is no WIFI or GSM

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-02-05-22-04-18.jpg
    Screenshot_1970-02-05-22-04-18.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 678
Reactions: somemadcaaant

sessel

Nov 1, 2010
Hy, what is your baseband .67 or .73 , it's normal "baseband unknown" in your screenshot?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
I just don't get it. that I downloaded the 116 and 117 both and extracted into a folder and searched for the kernel.elf and I could not find it,
and because of the unknown baseband you don't have GSM or 3G.

gm007

May 29, 2011
Installing method:
1- copy the zip to your sd
2- flash bin4ry recovery
3- install the rom+gapp
4-flash the boot.img (extracted from cm zip)
5-factory reset in recovery.
6-reboot and Done :)

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: nasaorc

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Right Guys,

I have deleted 53 spam posts, users repeatedly asking for mirrors, changelogs and other utter nonsense cluttering the thread.

Instead of just posting try reading a few pages back as you will normally find it has already been covered and instead of posting asking what works, what doesn't, try contributing by doing some testing and reporting issues and help out.

Lastly FXP does not allow mirrors so please respect his wishes.

Now, if you have not got anything constructive to post then do not bother, keep your posts to development issues/advice only and lets keep this thread clean.

cheers.

MasterLinuxer

Jun 14, 2011
Ok so I've tested the 117 RC0. It is really smooth and nice but Wifi, mobile network, calls, camera, and other software doesn't work.

I hope that the official version will be here soon :)

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Yes, I know ;) it wasn't a joke, why would I be joking about this? :)

Mostly because they didn't deactivate anything. To tell you the truth, it's damn hard to get everything working with no vendor blobs. We did it for the N1 and the Desire, the devices that are not going to get this support ever. And we're still not done in half a year of porting.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Reactions: sigma9988

flopo

Dec 19, 2008
milan
fxp118

-last week I heaved fxp117 without change log,now I have change log but no fxp118,sorry but what kind off thread it is:confused:

Last edited:

Phenryth

Oct 13, 2010
Paris
They deactivated those features because THEY BUILT A FREAKING ICS ROM WITH ZERO ICS PROPRIETARIES. Your jokes are bad and you should feel bad.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, I have some doubts about that.
In the past, it seems to me that FXP team was closed to Sony devs team.

They managed to get the camera working which is truly hard without sources.
From all different release of CM9 on other devices, it is, in my experience, one of the latest functionnality to work.

My post is not about some complains towards the team, and I really think that they do a fantastic work :)

Towards this rom or others, users should make differences about some feedback, and the mass requests not taking in consideration a so good but free work of developers, spending their personal time making these.

Bests,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FreeXperia PROJECT
    (Unlocked bootloader only)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Known issues being worked on:
    NONE

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, Enjoy!

We suport following accesorries
    LIVEVIEW
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/liveviewmicrodisplay?cc=gb&lc=en#a
    LIVEWATCH http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/smartwatch?cc=gb&lc=en
    ANT+ http://www.thisisant.com/pages/technology/what-is-ant-plus

If you want to contribute to FreeXperia Project you can access it on git
    https://github.com/freexperia

if you want to support our work you can donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=THUJZQB2U5PNC

Our team is not responsable of any damage that you or you phone will suffer by using our work

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP

IMPOTANT
    Unlocking device on unlock website or by testpoint voids your waranty !
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, Enjoy!

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM9 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

KERNEL SOURCE
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/sony-kernel-msm8660
    modem is working
    now in x days we will have gsm and release first alpha rom

tongue.gif
    x means NO ETA!
    tongue.gif

have an nice weekend
    J
    Calm down!
    We have the sources now, so we started development again! Give us some time to do and upload ROM! We are NO MAGICIANS!

Regards
    Stable version will come when Sony releases 3.x kernel sources. Until this happens we have freezed the code. Many things are already fixed in background but without phone functions its no need to run the rom.
    After the copyleft is out we can fix modem and then we resume this ROM.

Regards