PDA.TAR file unavailable, don't know where to find it!

Search This thread

DLXII

Oct 17, 2011
Hi, I'm trying to get my note rooted and I'm following this guide, but the link to the PDA.TAR file does not work.

Is there somewhere else that i can find a link to it?

wavv.drama

Mar 15, 2014
Montreal
Hi, I'm trying to get my note rooted and I'm following this guide, but the link to the PDA.TAR file does not work.

Is there somewhere else that i can find a link to it?

I hope u had the issue resolved, but if in case you didn't you could always try this two steps (they've worked for me, so it's just a suggestion since it worked for me): the first time I rooted my phone I found a one-click root option, called kingo root (here's their website www.kingoapp.com) It's pretty self explanatory on their website but in a nutshell you just download the app online and it roots your phone. Another way (which I personally found very interesting and I found just by chance) was to flash a custom recovery (CWM or Philz, dunno about TWRP) and after cleaning cache/dalvik and/or wiping device chose to reboot. (Here is a thread from mooneyb with CWM Touch http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2571424) Since you don't need root to flash a recovery since it's done through Odin, when you'll reboot you'll have an option that says that you may have lost root and if you want to fix it. My phone was unrooted at the time this option showed on my phone, and when I chose "yes" and my phone rebooted, SuperSU was working fine and so was Titanium Backup.

Maybe it'll work for you too, so hope this helps!

Last edited: