[APP] z4root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crankymo

Dec 13, 2010
This is the most useful post on the subject in the whole thread. One question: I downloaded the zip file emailed it to myself. Unzipped file with Asto on my phone, then what?

Thanks
Dave
Droid X and Mac user:

Post 978 worked perfectly. Sent email to my "gmail" account. Opened mail using phone and there was an "install" prompt. Selected that and the app installed and worked as advertised.

johnsmithx14

Dec 3, 2010
Using Droid 1 with FRG83D (Got update not too long ago).

The update made my Droid incompatible with z4root and it gets stuck at trying to acquire root shell.

Can we expect a fix on this?

Dec 14, 2010
Froyo is a bit ]
I have used the permanent root option for my samsung galaxy s Gt i9000 and I am still waiting for it to reboot. I have the blue z4 mod screen in front of me with the running circle in the middle and at the bottom of my screen it says ......Running exploit in order to obtain root access....... can someone please tell me what I should do.... My phone should have started to reboot by now .... have I missed any steps.. thanks

Dec 14, 2010
rooting samsung galaxy s

I had to manually reboot phone. checked to see if saw app icon and did not . tried to use steps to reboot with z4 again and it showed option to uninstall or launch. Does this mean phone is rooted. or how can i check or confirm that it is.

DamianGto

Sep 17, 2010
Download sgs toolbox and se if you get a question for superuser.
All options in sgs toolbox shall also be green.

**Using my own JPU kernel, z4mod, 339MB Ram and ext2 filesystem**

rod90

Sep 11, 2010
How long does it take to apply the root?

I'm on the Bell Galaxy S i9000 recently updated to Froyo JK4
when i tried a temp root it froze after about 10mins and would intermitently do a short vibrate. but the progress animation stopped and all functions stopped.
was able to reboot the phone long pressing the power button.

synplex

May 29, 2008
Miami
www.MTFX.tv
anyone why temp root wont work after first reboot on Gen 8 archos tablet (Archos 70,101) ??
It wont fine the first time, after my first reboot since temp root I can no longer temp root.
SetCPU and titanium Backup will no longer see root =(

akmtshun

Dec 14, 2010
Works fine :D on my Galaxy I9000 with the following spec.:
- Firmware version: 2.2
- Baseband version: I9000ZSJPE
- Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S506 #1
- Build number: FROYO.ZSJPE

cristy_15kis

Sep 3, 2010
Bucharest
Is a nice way..and very easy for root..After i rooted my SGS with Z4Root , and i pluged phone to the chearger over the night, in the morning my battery was really hot,was the first time was happend that..after i flased my phone again all goings to normal...It can be posible to be from this Root...or from laxFix...?i used voodoo lagfix on JP6.

Natanael_L

Dec 13, 2010
My two problems:

1: It's huge! Almost 23 MB on my Spica's internal memory! Please trim it down!

2: It seems to be a little unreliable. Not all apps that use su will work, the Superuser app simply don't always work (no questions, don't give root access). In the terminal I sometimes get "no permission", and my reboot widget still won't work.

Please fix these issues!

Dec 14, 2010
can someone plse tell me why I get passed stage two but never get to stage three....ie plse wait while root operations take place..... i can never successfully root my galaxy s . which steps am i missing

Reactions: z31k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!