[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for Samsung Captivate

Search This thread

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=captivatemtd
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
Please use http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps/gapps-jb-20130729.zip or http://d-h.st/4vB for versions prior to 20130816

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.2 to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1/CM10.2 prior to 20130816 Build?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
- Upgrading from another CM10.2 Build?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
Note: The partition layout of CM10.2 (beginning from 20130816 nightly) differs of that of CM10/CM10.1. The first install will wipe your /data to switch to the new layout, but after that you may use CWM to restore/backup data of CM10/10.1/10.2. More about repartitioning

Known Issues
  • SELinux context of some files not always being set properly
  • No access to DeviceParts (HSDPA settings, TV out)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

FAQ
Can I request a feature?
If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
http://jira.cyanogenmod.org

IRC
Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
A rough changelog is available here:
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.2/captivatemtd or http://10.2.cmxlog.com/?device=captivatemtd
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Thyjesster

Jan 21, 2012
android.process.media

I am not sure if it is the gapps file or something on my device. Haven't played with 4.3 yet.
Already wiped cache, dalvik, data
Will fixing the permissions fix it all?

Thunder22

Oct 16, 2009
@PaWipt. I have the encryption unsuccessful bug on phone and my internal sdcard is unusable. In 4.2.2 I switched the vold.Fstab to boot from external sdcard. Is it possible to switch sdcards in 4.3. There is no vold anymore supposedly its only in kernel now, is it at all possible to use 4.3 on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
@PaWipt. I have the encryption unsuccessful bug on phone and my internal sdcard is unusable. In 4.2.2 I switched the vold.Fstab to boot from external sdcard. Is it possible to switch sdcards in 4.3. There is no vold anymore supposedly its only in kernel now, is it at all possible to use 4.3 on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, you'll have to compile your own kernel with the edited fstab.

Reactions: Thunder22

ih8legal

Mar 6, 2012
The smaller alternative gapps package causes Google keep and Google music to force close. Don't know what other Google services might be affected.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 4

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Important information about repartitioning

The next nightly will repartition /system to be 600 MB (from the previous 400 MB) to fit the ever enlarging Android system. The repartition process is automatic, but you will lose your /data. When flashing, the first installation will fail with a warning that your /data will be wiped, simply select the .zip again and the install will proceed. If you've backed up your phone before installation (which you should), you may restore /data from backup (using "Advanced Restore" option in CWM) with no ill effect.

Last edited:

DarthVesh

Alrighty!

Did a clean flash and it still does the same thing...focal closes when trying to switch to any other mode (i.e. panorama, video camera, picsphere). I can take on or two regular pics without it closing. Browsing and changing settings is no issue.

Otherwise, system run super smooth, apps install and run with no issue. No fc or random reboots (yet :p)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

thangphysk48

Jan 28, 2011
Hanoi
Do anyone have complied kernel with edited fstab? Please help, I dont have knowledge about linux, and dont have any linux machine. Or can anyone tell me how to do on windows. Many thanks

Gửi từ SGH-I897 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk 2

ajeesh vijayan

Sep 10, 2012
kerala
doubt on partition

The next nightly will repartition /system to be 600 MB (from the previous 400 MB) to fit the ever enlarging Android system. The repartition process is automatic, but you will lose your /data. When flashing, the first installation will fail with a warning that your /data will be wiped, simply select the .zip again and the install will proceed. If you've backed up your phone before installation (which you should), you may restore /data from backup (using "Advanced Restore" option in CWM) with no ill effect.

sorry for noob question.. is it partitioning internal SD..?

dracinn

Mar 9, 2013
Salem, MO
LG G8X ThinQ
Moto G Stylus
I'm new to custom android on phones I have Transformer Infinity with TWRP CM 10.2 but what does I need to know of baseband and modems? Do I need to update them from stock. I'm planing on putting CyanogenMod on my friends Samsung Captivate SGH–I897.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=captivatemtd
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    Please use http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps/gapps-jb-20130729.zip or http://d-h.st/4vB for versions prior to 20130816

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.2 to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1/CM10.2 prior to 20130816 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
    - Upgrading from another CM10.2 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Note: The partition layout of CM10.2 (beginning from 20130816 nightly) differs of that of CM10/CM10.1. The first install will wipe your /data to switch to the new layout, but after that you may use CWM to restore/backup data of CM10/10.1/10.2. More about repartitioning

Known Issues
    • SELinux context of some files not always being set properly
    • No access to DeviceParts (HSDPA settings, TV out)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

FAQ
    Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    http://jira.cyanogenmod.org

IRC
    Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.2/captivatemtd or http://10.2.cmxlog.com/?device=captivatemtd
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Any news on KitKat for our cappy????

I'm busy with life at the moment, so it won't be soon. Eventually, probably.
    Maybe DerTeuful can beat Pawitp with the kernel ;)

Talked to him earlier and he is planning on supporting the cappy officially for cm11 ROMs/kernels

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app
    I've made a disappointing discovery with these 4.3 Nightlies. As long as you stick with the stock kernel and upgrade through CM Updater, things seem to be getting pretty stable. However, try flashing ANY other kernel and you've nearly destroyed the Rom. First I tried Gear Kernel 1.09c and upon reboot and optimization, it starts out with either AOSP keyboard crashing, (if your lucky), or most always every system in the Rom quits responding. I can't even get the Semaphore 3.2 to even boot up. I actually did get the 10-11-13 nightly to run after disabling the AOSP keyboard and installing SwiftKey, but had sluggish performance at times and phone call issues. Plus, all my text messages were wiped along with my contacts. One would've thought I could just flash the original Rom over the Gear Kernel or the latest update downloaded from get.cm, but nope, my old Cappy still goes berserk. Only fix I've found if I got another kernel to work and wanted the latest nightly, was to wipe everything and format system before flashing new update. Anyone know why this is happening? Has CM put a copyright on their kernel or Rom? Lol. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Recent builds have updated ramdisk which custom kernels need to be updated by their developers to be compatible.