[HOWTO][ROOT] Confirmed method to root the 98.30.1 & 9.8.1 firmware.

Search This thread

Shiestie

Dec 11, 2013
Harrisburg
Thanks to k1mu for figuring this trick out.
It's originally a Samsung Galaxy S4 root method but does infact work for the Razr M.

Here is a link to the zip file. Saferoot.zip

1. Download & Unzip/Extract saferoot.zip
  2. Plug your RAZR M into your PC via the USB Cable and Make sure the USB Mode is set to MTP.
  3. Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
    In Developer Options, make sure "USB Debugging" is checkmarked.
    --Go to "Settings", "More...", then "Developer Options".
    If "Developer Options" doesn't appear, then you'll need to enable it - go to "Settings", "More", "About Phone". Scroll down so the "Build Number" is visible, then tap on that several times until developer mode is enabled.
  4. Allow your computer to access ADB.
    Make sure that your computer is allowed to use USB debugging on your phone. To do this, unplug your phone and unlock it. Then, plug in the USB cable.
    If you see an "Alllow USB debugging?" window pop up, tap on the "Always allow from this computer" to check it, then tap OK.
    If you don't see that popup, it's OK, you should be OK to proceed.
  5. On WINDOWS - run 'Install.bat' and follow on screen instructions
  6. On LINUX & MacOS - To run this root, download and unzip the zip file. Open a shell window, and to change to the directory where you unpacked saferoot.zip, and type "sh ./install.sh". Follow the onscreen instructions and once complete your Razr M should now have root.

If the embedded adb fails, you'll need to have the Android Debugging Bridge (adb) installed and configured and on your path. You can test that it's ready by opening a shell (Terminal) window and typing "adb shell". If you get a shell prompt on the phone, type "exit" and you're ready to go.

MBRedline

May 7, 2013
hey guys I helped a friend root his razr M using the saferoot method the other day, and now he is wanting to install a custom rom, I showed him safestrap and he installed and tried it, but he said when he clicks on create rom slot that nothing happens. I don have a razr M so I am wondering if there is a newer version of safestrap than the 3.12 that is on hash codes page, or if there is a different boot loader that is more supported for this device

Thanks alot

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
hey guys I helped a friend root his razr M using the saferoot method the other day, and now he is wanting to install a custom rom, I showed him safestrap and he installed and tried it, but he said when he clicks on create rom slot that nothing happens. I don have a razr M so I am wondering if there is a newer version of safestrap than the 3.12 that is on hash codes page, or if there is a different boot loader that is more supported for this device

Thanks alot
Read
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45548210&postcount=3

MBRedline

May 7, 2013