[Q] [Problem] How to save the contacts, frozen boots, s-on, 7x vibration, debug off

Search This thread

Orodreth1986

May 28, 2014
Hi my old Desire suddenly had this problem, without getting wet, having a fall or overheating.

I turned it off and later on again. It starts, show "HTC"-screen and vibrates 7x and the accu-led at the front is off I checked the net for hours for solutions. None of them worked. Accu is checked with a multimeter and ok.

Primary goal is to get my contacts informations which are saved on the phone, not sim nor googlebackup. (Names and Telephonenumbers)
Secondary goal is to reactivate my Desire.

The Desire is untouched, s-on, debug- off, official Froyo 2.2 Stock rom, not branded, no simlock

I can get into Hboot, but if i choose recovery it makes a restart and vibrates 7x in the HTC-BootScreen and freezes.
I tried Android USB Driver, Universal ADB Driver and HTc Sync on my PC but cant access the Phones Rom via Hboot. Some say i need to set the debug mode on first. But i cant do that, bc i cant boot the phone to get into settings to set debug on.
Other say 7x vibration indicates a hardware (motherboard) failure which cannot be solved, or the eMMC in the phone is broken.

HTC Desire a8181 Amoled Hboot:

Bravo PV1 Ship S-on
hboot 0.93.0001
Microp-031d
touch panel-synth0101
radio-5.11.05.27
aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

Question:

- Does someone know a try, solution to save my contacts informations? (access to the Rom copy the contacts file on the pc or something similar.
- When i go into clear storage and make a factoy reset, will there all my contact informations be deleted?

Thanks in advance

Ludwig

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Yep 7 vibrations is almost certainly hardware failure.

I don't know why you haven't backed up your contacts to Google. This is one of the main advantages of an Android phone...

I'm afraid it's highly unlikely you'll be able to save anything from the phone. Don't think you can get adb to communicate with the phone to pull information from it

If you clear storage/factory reset, this will wipe everything. It still most likely will not boot afterwards.

You could try running the 2.3.3 RUU, it might boot, but this will also wipe everything.

Hardware failures happen, it's unfortunate. Hope this is a lesson to please backup your contacts properly next time. It is extremely valuable for situations exactly like this...

Reactions: ravenreza

Orodreth1986

May 28, 2014
Thanks for your reply.

It seems there will be a lot of work for me the next days to gather most of my contacts on other ways again. Sadly i had only the telephone number of some of them. I thought the google backup is automaticly on. But when i login to google the contacts are blank.

So now i have to buy a new smartphone a bit earlier than expected.

Orodreth1986

May 28, 2014
You mean RUU 2.3.3 via the official RUU....signed.exe or via hboot and RUU as PB99Img.zip an the sd card?

I tried it via the RUU...signed.exe but i got error 170.

miniadb gets a connection: "Fastboot devices" shows the information, as well as "fastboot getvar all"

where can i find the official RUU 2.3.3 or 2.2 as PBimg.zip? I found only custom ones.

is this a hint? NFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-365c78d6

c:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 0.93.0001
INFOversion-baseband: 5.11.05.27
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 031d
INFOversion-main: 2.29.405.14
INFOserialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
INFOimei: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
INFOproduct: bravo
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8x50
INFOmodelid: PB9920000
INFOcidnum: HTC__102
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4109mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-365c78d6
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.008s

c:\mini-adb>

Reebee87

Feb 20, 2011
Code:
ifehackerDOTcom/5976036/simple-adb-backup-backs-up-your-android-phone-from-the-desktop-no-root-required

maybe this will help you

Orodreth1986

May 28, 2014
@ Reebee87:

Problem is debugging is off and i cant set it on with that fault:

"To use Simple ADB Backup, you'll need USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Android device (Go to Settings > Developer, enable developer options, then enable USB debugging) and the utility installed on your desktop. "

@eddiehk6:

Thanks i found that too. Problem is htcdevDOTcom/process/legal_download/152 has no agree button as described. Most certainly bc HTC recalled the 2.3 ROM bc of stability problems etc.

The pb99img.file is my last hope. Im just waiting for a friends laptop to push that file on my sdcard. At first i tried to push it on the sd-card via my panasonic Lumix camera, but the crazy japanese engineers decided to block the ability to write on sd via connected, bc of patent royalties , grrrr :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep 7 vibrations is almost certainly hardware failure.

I don't know why you haven't backed up your contacts to Google. This is one of the main advantages of an Android phone...

I'm afraid it's highly unlikely you'll be able to save anything from the phone. Don't think you can get adb to communicate with the phone to pull information from it

If you clear storage/factory reset, this will wipe everything. It still most likely will not boot afterwards.

You could try running the 2.3.3 RUU, it might boot, but this will also wipe everything.

Hardware failures happen, it's unfortunate. Hope this is a lesson to please backup your contacts properly next time. It is extremely valuable for situations exactly like this...