Car holder for M8?

Search This thread

vegetaleb

Stay away from iottie One Touch if you have a soft dashboard (the majority of cars), the suction cup holds very well whatever the road is bumpy but after only 3 days if you take out the holder it will give you a 3D circle on your dashboard!
Thanks God it went totally away after 3 weeks using some special dashboard silicon liquid but I won't use this holder again ever.
So unless you have a hard plastic(not vinyl nor textured plastic) or fake wood dashboard stay away of these suction cups.
Now I am using a good Sticky pad that I cut to fit my dashboard design perfectly :good:

nohart

I'm getting this one. Its a wireless charger. http://www.theairdock.com/products/air-dock

From the web site - The Air Dock is a wireless charging car dock for your smartphone. It holds your phone with no clips and no clamps. It wirelessly charges your phone without plugging the phone into anything. The face of the Air Dock is a micro suction foam that securely holds your phone in place. Inside the Air Dock are magnets that pull the phone tightly into the foam face. Most phones compatible with Qi wireless chargers will work on the Air Dock.

Just use this and put it under your case cover - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...Charger Pad Receiver Coil&tag=viglink20871-20

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinition

CGeyser

Dec 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Nite Ize UVM-01-R7 Universal Connect Cradle

I use the Nite Ize UVM-01-R7 Universal Connect Cradle ($26.44) in my primary car. It holds my phone as well as any case that I attach on to the phone. It grabs on to your phone and whatever you mount it on very well. Its almost as the phone-cradle-car, are all one unit.
I'll take some pictures of it in my car tomorrow when there's some sunlight.
81zckv4UvfL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

CGeyser

Dec 8, 2009
Los Angeles
As promised, here are some in-car pictures of the phone holder in action:

No phone, driver's view.

Driver's view with Phone.

Phone, charger, and holder in all its glory!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my Mountek grip yesterday. Here are some pics with and without the M8. Sorry for the poor quality of the ones with the phone in the mount. They were taken with an S3.

Nice but won't it press on volume button?
    I ordered the iottie because it has a one hand system button and it got a very good rate on amazon 4.6/5 over 202 reviews!! http://www.iottie.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=1050&ProductType=321
    EasyFlex3_web%20images_05(2).jpg
    I bought this originally for my nexus 5 last year and will continue to use it with my m8. Works great very low profile so it's non-obtrusive.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I58VAZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1399705722&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm using the 'classic' Mountek nGroove Grip, and it's perfect. You have to remove the bottom legs to get access to the headphones jack and the microUSB port, but the grip is strong enough to hold the phone even without it.
    What I like about it is that it keeps the phone close to me and facing directly at me (as opposed to farther under the windshield where you have to lean down to use it or stretch) - and also it doesn't obstruct your view - it's perfect, really.
    If you don't wanna give up your CD slot it also fits into just creases in your dashboard.
    Highly recommended!
    I'm definitely interested in seeing pictures of the Mountek mount and hear about opinions, if the M8 can be mounted in landscape mode and if it keeps the phone stable while driving. Appreciate it!

Sent from my HTC One M8

lKSlshvl.jpg

LfcqBCgl.jpg

Sorry, don't have pictures of the holder with the device in it.
    I'll just note that the holder is adjustable, you can place it either this way or upside down (it swivels 360 degrees), and the grip is adjustable and strong (I actually got my Nexus 7 to fit in it!)
    It can easily be turned aside to landscape, and is VERY stable (you can adjust its rigidness).
    Just got my Mountek grip yesterday. Here are some pics with and without the M8. Sorry for the poor quality of the ones with the phone in the mount. They were taken with an S3.