[I815/P6800/P6810] CWM Recovery 6.0.2.3 (12/18/12)

Search This thread

matt310

Jan 7, 2007
Does flashing this through the desktop version of Odin do anything to the flash counter and/or make the dreaded yellow triangle of death show up?

krazykat

Sep 29, 2010
Ontario
Is there still no solutions how to gain root using this cwm? On other devices, cwm can install root (sgs2, sgs, etc).

Sent from my GT-I9100

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
For those who can't install root with CWM, is your device a p6800? I managed to install root just fine on my p6810. I have a new kernel I'm working on for CM9, and it fixes a few bugs with recovery, so I'll upload those once I have a chance.

Edit: Ok updated the OP.

Last edited:

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
just use the original CWM and root that way, then reflash this CWM

or just install sk806's tweaked stock, works great zero issues has all languages and doesn't touch your radio

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
will this be able me to connect my tab as USB device when in recovery mod?

No, for the same reason why you mass storage support won't ever work, and we have to use mtp in android: the internal sd card doesn't actually exist, but instead lives on the data partition.

If you need to manage files under recovery, use adb.

krazykat

Sep 29, 2010
Ontario
For those who can't install root with CWM, is your device a p6800? I managed to install root just fine on my p6810. I have a new kernel I'm working on for CM9, and it fixes a few bugs with recovery, so I'll upload those once I have a chance.

Edit: Ok updated the OP.

Hi thanks for your work. My device is indeed the p6800. After installing the root, the reboot seems to erase it. When I try to open SuperSU, the app says "supersu cannot be found".

So I'm assuming installing root doesn't stay permanently.

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Before trying to install root, try mounting /system from the mount menu. I'm pretty sure that the root.zip assumes that /system is already mounted (if so, that is a bug with the root.zip that needs fixing).

cromed

Jun 28, 2010
What about changes in new version?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

faridaizuddin

Apr 8, 2010
Marang
I'm getting bootloop.. One strange thing I realized were I got repeatedly failed Data Wiped.. As in everytime I wana wipe data for any current ROM I'm using it just halfway through nd then reboot itself.. Tried to flash with other CWM version 5.0.2.7 or old 5.5.0.4 but never succeeded.. Anything wrong?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
How are you flashing the recoveries? Heimdall 1.3.1? (I don't really trust any version of (Mobile)Odin, and 1.3.2 of Heimdall is known to have issues)

faridaizuddin

Apr 8, 2010
Marang
How are you flashing the recoveries? Heimdall 1.3.1? (I don't really trust any version of (Mobile)Odin, and 1.3.2 of Heimdall is known to have issues)

Through PC Odin.. I usually use my PC to flash anything to my Tab.. But I dunno why does it keep on happening. If I refer to my former Tab 10.1, it happened coz of gapps flashed rightly after ROM done installed without any reboot between 'em. This time, I tried several things but it seems like I only can revert to factory firmware via odin..

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
I am getting the reboots during a data/factory reset at well.
Are there any walkthroughs for flashing with heimdall

kishd

Oct 25, 2011
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Discovered this the hard way after hard bricking my note. But now getting used to the 7.7 and it is way better than the note for reading and general use only feels weird when using it as a phone.

Apologise for the off topic post

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
I don't know of any walkthroughs for Heimdall, but (on Linux at least) it is pretty easy to install and has a straightforward command line interface:
Code:
$ heimdall --flash --recovery path/to/recovery/img
There is also a gui, although I don't really have any experience with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use At Your Own Risk

As part of working on the CyanogenMod port, I've built a copy of ClockworkMod based off of my working sources, so I figured I would share my work.

Download
    Flash
    Installing using your choice of Heimdall, Odin, or Mobile Odin. For people who are having issues with it not sticking, see this post.

Changelog
    • 12/18/12
      • Updated to 6.0.2.3
    • 08/12/12
      • Updated to 6.0.1.1
    • 08/01/12
      • Updated to 6.0.1.0 (fixes some bugs with nandroid, as well as some other bugs)
      • Switched to roboto font -- bigger and easier to read
      • external sd is not 'external sdcard' not 'internal sdcard'
    • 07/19/12
      • Updated to 6.0.0.7
    • 07/10/12
      • Added build for I815.
      • Based off of new kernel.
    • 5/12/12
      • ADB should work on all platforms.
      • Show log is fixed.
      • Custom keys should make getting out of "Back menu button disabled." easy.
    Ok, posted new builds. I somehow broke my build system, which is why it took me a bit to upload new versions after goo.im lost everything.
    New recoveries for all devices... testers?!

Just thought I'd drop by and mention that I've uploaded new versions of ClockworkMod Recovery for all devices. Nothing new in particular, but the recovery is now equipped to deal with Android 4.2's changes to sdcard naming, so we might as well be on new recoveries for when the time comes.

P6800
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 58cc9f803f86c9c4341fa143c8408ab4)

P6810
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 312cbbd86522a3a2af42c45f25f7010c)

i815
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 6a72a2a85ca8bbceab6ee06743cd667e)

As most of you know, I don't actually have a Tab 7.7, so I haven't tested these myself. Feedback is appreciated! Note to n00bs: maybe let the more-experience people flash first, just in case. ;)
    New Builds

Thank you for the confirmation of the issue. Looking forward to the next version.
    Your wait is over.
    After a bit of searching I figured out why the SCH-i815 CWM will not stick on Stock ROMS after the FD01 update.

The FD01 update places the file "recovery-from.boot.p" in the /system folder which overwrites custom recoveries upon boot. To stop this from occurring, you will need a root-enabled file explorer. Navigate to /system and rename the "recovery-from.boot.p" file to "recovery-from.boot.p.bak" or, alternatively, you can delete the "recovery-from.boot.p" file (renaming it is better in case something goes wrong). You can then flash a custom recovery and it will stick.

EDIT: Be careful, its possible you can run into problems if you use lockscreen security, I suggest making sure your tab is using an unsecure lockscreen: the "swipe screen to unlock" lockscreen before flashing CWM in Odin mode. After flashing CWM through Odin, I suggest making sure your tab does not boot into the stock rom and immediately make a nandroid backup.