[ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

Search This thread

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
There is no need to unroot. Follow these instructions and you should be good to go:
1. First grab Xposed (xposed-v81-sdk23-arm.zip if you are using this device/ROM) from here: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/
2. Transfer zip to your Touchpad, reboot into custom recovery and install the zip.
3. First boot after install might take a little while, but once booted up, install the app (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
4. Reboot after running the app at least once.
5. Lastly, install this module from the Xposed app: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.devadvance.rootcloak2
You should then be able to hide root from those specific apps.
I dont like xposed as it normally creates more issues. In regards to disabling root look inside toolbox you can shut it off there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
TWRP version 3.0.1 released...

... But not for tenderloin yet. Does anyone know how to produce a version for HP TouchPad? Is it just a matter of finding a similar hardware model and tweak it a bit? Or is it a tougher nut to Crack? There seems to be a lot of good improvements to offer.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
I just need to update the source and build. The tp is unoffically built for the touchpad so I have been building and unoffically been supporting the touchpad.

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
I just need to update the source and build. The tp is unoffically built for the touchpad so I have been building and unoffically been supporting the touchpad.

Direct from TeamWin website

NT

"TWRP 3.0.2-0 Released. Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP."

Hikikomorikruge

May 6, 2011
My understanding is that you will get bootloop installing xposed on the tp with the 6.0.1 rom. I tried it and failed before.
Have you really tried it yourself and worked? Thanks.

I just tested and xposed does indeed cause a bootloop.

Is it possible to get microG working on touchpad? Freeing up even more resources should be useful.

Last edited:

tedrogers61

Aug 18, 2012
So, reinstalled it all again as per the precise instructions...not using twrp 3...did full clean wipe with tptb etc. and I am still getting odd freezes, hangs etc sometimes need a force reboot! Launcher 3 is the only launcher that works with any degree of reliability. Nova and GNL are largely unusable. Glad I made a backup as I feel I need to return to KK rather than MM.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

EricBlade

Oct 17, 2011
So, reinstalled it all again as per the precise instructions...not using twrp 3...did full clean wipe with tptb etc. and I am still getting odd freezes, hangs etc sometimes need a force reboot! Launcher 3 is the only launcher that works with any degree of reliability. Nova and GNL are largely unusable. Glad I made a backup as I feel I need to return to KK rather than MM.

although it's been quite a long time since i have installed a build, i always solved that by turning off Google Now detection completely. (if you watch the device logs, Google Now detection still keeps the mic open constantly) Might help?

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!

Can't say you have not given it the old college try. ;) @EricBlade is correct about Google Now. Before giving up completely, you should disable or turn off Google Now. Actually, it's the "OK Google" detection that has caused issues.

NT

Reactions: tedrogers61

Hikikomorikruge

May 6, 2011
I have been unsuccessful at getting signature spoofing working on Touchpad. I was hoping test the impact switching to microG would have on Touchpad.

flintman would it be possible to add signature spoofing to the rom? The microG topic links this and this as patches needed to enable signature spoofing.

tedrogers61

Aug 18, 2012
Can't say you have not given it the old college try. ;) @EricBlade is correct about Google Now. Before giving up completely, you should disable or turn off Google Now. Actually, it's the "OK Google" detection that has caused issues.

NT
I'm like a dog with a bone...I'll reinstall and avoid anything except Launcher 3. Thanks, and maybe the next build...

--- UPDATE ---
@nevertells2 I'm trying 6 again fresh tonight...so we'll see how it goes if I avoid all Launchers except Launcher3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
I'm having trouble installing this using tptb. It keeps saying incompatible GAPPS/ROM versions. Any idea how to fix it?

tedrogers61

Aug 18, 2012
I'm having trouble installing this using tptb. It keeps saying incompatible GAPPS/ROM versions. Any idea how to fix it?

Are you using "open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20160328.zip"?

Try the MM Delta Gapps from here: http://xdaforums.com/andr...107-1-t2997368, and this recovery, update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612b from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14847, do a full clean wipe with TPTB and copy the above files with the ROM to the ttinstall folder.

See post #987 for more details.

@exProphecy and @Globaltraveler5565, if you get weird flashing on first boot when you press the HOME button, just reboot and it goes away. It's a work in progress! ;)

Last edited:

Globaltraveler5565

Oct 20, 2014
AT&T speed upgrade

I've had an interesting day. Sometime this morning both tablets started dropping the WiFi link and would not reconnect; even a manual reconnect would only stay up for a few minutes. I was just about to throw a hissy-fit on AT&T when I received an email from them telling me they had granted me a free upgrade of speed to "elite" status (whatever that is). I've previously been seeing speeds of 3mbs down and 750kbs up as normal operation.

So I checked the Internet speed on my monster pc and found it was still the old speed. Rebooting the router for two minutes of cold outage stabilized the speed at 7.5mbs down and 1.3mbs up. Looks like they approximately doubled my apparent usable speeds. And now the tablets are connecting and staying on for longer time (no dropouts at all over last four hours).

Advice: if you are frequently losing WiFi connectivity, try resetting the router to a complete cold start, and let it settle into the network for a few minutes before restarting your TP device. Who knows, it might even work. ?

BTW, I've set the router to use channel 6. I've tried each/all the other channels without much success. The link gets dropped often on everything but the middle of the range. If you have the router set to auto channel set, you might see it opt to channel 11 all the time. Try forcing it to channel 6 and see if it improves anything. You will need the admin password to make changes like this. Good luck.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Mchasard

Dec 12, 2010
Just to report that I have some WiFi disconnection .... Don't know if it's due to my provider or the last ROM version
Any guys with this issue?

tedrogers61

Aug 18, 2012
Just to report that I have some WiFi disconnection .... Don't know if it's due to my provider or the last ROM version
Any guys with this issue?
Mine soemtimes drops wifi...and if i force find its there and working okay. Other than that on Smartmax and fiops its working quite well, as long as i stick with launcher3 and avoid google voice search (which causes me huge issues).

Also dont like this AOSP keyboard. It doesnt seem to autocorrect even though all the options are on, ans word suggestions is also broken. Youll notice a distinct lack of apostrophes and so forth in this post because im lazy and autocorrect / suggestions arent working.

Reactions: Gborg3

ZeroZorro

Nov 24, 2008
Does anybody else also have trouble streaming HD1080 video onto TP with this ROM?
I seem to remember I could use the TP just fine with apps like Kodi, Plex and DSvideo to play files from my Synology NAS.
Now I have mostly a green/stuttering/blocky screen while the audio plays good. It's not pauzing or buffering, just 'hulkish' with a lot of blocks/artifacts and not watchable at all.
Sometimes it works shortly after a fresh install or complete shutdown-restart. MXplayer with or without hardware codecs (1.7.4 or 1.8) doesn't help either and before I could throw virtually everything at it.
Maybe somebody can shed a light onto this and/or point me I the right direction and maybe knows if it is ROM related or just my settings.

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Evervolv | 6.0.0p1 [AOSP Marshmallow 6.0.1] [3.4 kernel] [nightlies] WIFI & 4G

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is Marshmallow(Android 6.0.1).

Current version: 6.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
    Updated 07-13-2016

WIFI MODEL
    • Camera

4G list
    • Camera
    • hotspot -- requires reboot if you turn hotspot on it kills network interface.
    You tell me what you find.

[Download]
    [Unoffical TWRP Builds]
    2.8.7.0 TWRP recovery with MTP support and F2FS. http://evervolv.com/get/FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-2.8.7.0-12-17-15.zip Fixed up reboot to recovery in recovery
    3.0.0.0 TWRP recovery with MTP support and F2FS. http://evervolv.com/get/FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-3.0.0.0-2-07-15.zip Updated to 3.0.0.0
    3.0.2.0 TWRP recovery with MTP support and F2FS. http://evervolv.com/get/FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-f2fs-3.0.2.0-4-27-16.zip Updated to 3.0.2.0

**REQUIRES 800MB System Partition MIN.
    WIFI MODEL TEST BUILDS

WIFI MODEL NIGHTLIES
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin NIGHTLIES

4G MODEL TEST BUILDS

4G MODEL NIGHTLIES
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin4g NIGHTLIES

These are the gapps im using. http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=nano gapps that seem to work the best with marshmallow UPDATED 11-28-15

****************************************PLEASE READ**************************************************************
    F2FS installs. If you want to try out F2FS you will have to wipe your data parition which includes your internal sd card. Some steps if you want to backup your data. PLEASE NOTE DON'T DO THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING CAN CAUSE ISSUES OR LOST DATA. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS IT WILL STILL WORK WITH THE CURRENT FORMAT EXT4.
    -- Flash the F2FS compatible TWRP Recovery
    -- Boot into Recovery
    -- Backup > Data
    -- Save your internal SD card by transfering to your PC or if you have room your external_sd
    -- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > F2FS
    -- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Cache > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > F2FS
    -- Copy the saved SD card content back to your device
    -- Restore > Choose backup > Data (the warning about ext4 backup doesn’t matter)
    -- Advanced > Fix Permissions
    -- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Cache & Dalvik Cache
    -- Flash the 2-12-15 test build and gapps to ensure you got them
    -- Reboot to system

[UPGRADE(Dirty Flash)]
    I have noticed if you dirty flash on first boot you may experience a little lag or possible reboot. After it settles down no issues. Not sure if its art related on upgrades or what. Its hard to pin point as it only happens once and smooth after that. Recommend after an upgrade let it settle in before playing hard.

Thanks

FIrst boot is a little slow but that is due to art. I always recommend a clean install when upgrading but if you feel luck. Backup and try a dirty flash. If you have issues run a clean install and if you still have issues please post with a logcat. You can upload via bugreport in the toolbox under settings. If going from a differnt rom other then evervolv lollipop always clean install. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACKUP its important if you don't want to loose anything

NOTE: NEED a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
    i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
    Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
    EricBlade --for my second 4g model to start in on this for Marshmallow
    Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time
    Looking like nightlies are back in operation. Tenderloin wifi and 4g models are up
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin4g
    http://evervolv.com/devices/tenderloin

These are the latest with the latest test builds.
    Ok new builds are up for wifi and 4g model. The wifi i have the HD video issue all set and the 4g build has the HD fix and the Battery drain fixes(not as good as wifi model but still pretty good).
    for those with network connectivity / stability issue, can also give 'Use legacy DHCP Client' option a try; this option can be found under Settings, Developer options.
    works well for me even though I m still on 0104 build; wifi used to cut in and out pretty option previously, now it occurs only once or twice during a 4-5hrs of video streaming.

OK new build up. Biggest things are updated kernel and wifi module. If you like performance go into the evervolv toolbox under performance. Switch the scheduler to FIOPS and governor to smartmax. Its a great setup and pulled 18000 on a benchmark. in regards to everyone issues with wifi. I switched to using backports which is an external module build. Its the same setup as the 3.0 kernel so hopefully this will fix everyones issues. Please let me know. You should see alittle saving in sleep. i would average -30's mA now its a solid -27mA. READ FIRST POST AS IF YOU HAVE WIFI ISSUE ON A FIRST START DIRTY FLASH JUST REBOOT.
    Happy flashing