[FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix.

Search This thread

Xerionius

Aug 20, 2013
D855 Lollipop here, the Oversharpening ist still there. I dirty flashed it, then turned my device off and took the battery out, just to be sure, but it's definitely still there. It also took significantly longer to boot.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
D855 Lollipop here, the Oversharpening ist still there. I dirty flashed it, then turned my device off and took the battery out, just to be sure, but it's definitely still there. It also took significantly longer to boot.

Did you follow the instructions?

Flash the kernel (ignore the boot time, we can't do much about that at the moment). When its booted, turn the screen on, unlock it if you have a lock, then turn the screen off - then start to use your phone normally.

Each time you reboot you will have to toggle the screen on and off again before the 'fix' kicks in.

Xerionius

Aug 20, 2013
Did you follow the instructions?

Flash the kernel (ignore the boot time, we can't do much about that at the moment). When its booted, turn the screen on, unlock it if you have a lock, then turn the screen off - then start to use your phone normally.

Each time you reboot you will have to toggle the screen on and off again before the 'fix' kicks in.

Turn off screen and turn on...

Did you turn the screen off and back on after boot? OP lists this as requirement. What ROM are you on exactly?

Ouch. I got so excited that I didn't read the thread properly. You're right, now it works. Great work dude!
The donation I promised you today morning is out: 1MY37263LG326290R :)

Reactions: jojobans

ehmjay

Mar 13, 2011
Milan
do we have to reflash this if we already have chupachups kernel or not?

Sent from my Beastly G3!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many of you know exactly what "oversharpening" is... for those who not, just google "g3 oversharpening" or check this article.

After hours spent trying almost everything i finally managed to remove that. Check in the 2nd thread to see the difference.

Here you go... just flash the kernel in recovery but remember to make a backup of the boot partition before, just in case it will not works.

Remember... the only weird thing is that you have to turn off the screen and then on again to make it works. Just the 1st time after the boot.

DOWNLOADS:

D855 Kitkat Lollipop ( fixed boot time )

D851 Kitkat

D850 Kitkat

LS990 Kitkat

F400 Kitkat

VS985 Kitkat

D852 Kitkat Fixed 25.11.2014

...i'm currently building for all the variants

Of course, tell me what you think.

Like always... DONATIONS are wellcome!!!

Lollipop Source
    Kitkat Source
    tnx to @Tectas for the kernel source
    BEFORE:
    attachment.php

AFTER:
    attachment.php
    Will this work on CM12 too, or only on stock Lollipop roms?

I talked to sooti and invisiblek and i think they will add this into the AOSP kernel
    Is it Possible to flash on cm12. Nothing against your Rom, but cm12 ist much faster. Thats why i change the rom

I will explain how to fix it to the CM devs...
    Hi @Skin1980,

I am currently building an AROMA based update.zip which debloats stock ROMs, for new users.
    There is no tangible build yet, but I am working on it.
    I planned to increase the scope by adding other scripts and tweaks if allowed.

So I would like to ask if I may include the oversharpening fix kernel into my soon to come "ImproveG3" script?
    You will be properly credited, of course.
    The script will be free for all to download.

Regards,
    sub

Lol... i am working on an AROMA Script too from some days... i finished it yesterday evening and pushed here 5 mins ago.

I would like to test your ImproveG3 script and if you want to include these kernels in your zip you are free to do it.
    Otherwise if you want to use the script code i just uploaded i prefer if you don't. It is only in the first release and need feedback and improvement.

Tnx for your work.