[2010-03-27]SciLor's GSensor Control Preview v2

Search This thread

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
SciLor's GSensor Control Preview v2
attachment.php

SciLor's GSensor Control is a tool for converting your Gsensor in a Dpad :).
Choose from to modes: Analog Emulation or Digital Pad.
Analog Emulation sends the more keystroke the more you tilt your device
Digital Pad just holds the button in the direction you tilt it. If you put your device flat again the button is release.

You will know to be able to press enter by pulling your device up.

Readme:
Code:
SciLor's GSensor Control Preview v2
                            i.
                           .. :v
                          c:  .X
                           i.::
                             :
                            ..i..
                           #MMMMM
                           QM  AM
                           9M  zM
                           6M  AM
                           2M  2MX#MM@1.
                           OM  tMMMMMMMMMM;
                      .X#MMMM  ;MMMMMMMMMMMMv
                  cEMMMMMMMMMU7@MMMMMMMMMMMMM@
            .n@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
           MMMMMMMM@@#$BWWB#@@#$WWWQQQWWWWB#@MM.
           MM                                ;M.
           $M                                EM
           WMO$@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#OMM
           #M                                cM
           QM         Another Cake by        tM
           MM              SciLor            CMO
        .MMMM                                oMMMt
       1MO 6MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM iMM
      .M1  BM     For all Portal Lovers!     vM  ,Mt
      1M   @M............................... WM   M6
       MM  .A8OQWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOAz2  #M
        MM                                      MM.
         @MMY                                vMME
           UMMMbi                        i8MMMt
              C@MMMMMbt;;i.......i;XQMMMMMMt
                   ;ZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM@A;.

ReadMe

You will need .NET CF 3.5 (and a device with a g-sensor of course) - Link at the Bottom

This is a g-sensor d-pad emulator. Just tilt your device for sending up/down/left/right/return.
For sending the return button just pull your device upwards.
-Analog Emulation tries to send the more keystrokes the more you tilt your device
-Digital Pad sends just holds the "button" as long you tilt your device in that direction

You will always have to run the application to make it work. There is not background process (yet).

Beware, Alpha status!

ToDo:

Additional:

Known Bugs:

If you like my hard work PLEASE DONATE! :)
http://www.scilor.com/donate.html

ChangeLog:

Preview v2(2010-03-27)
-Enhancement: Pull your device upwards to press enter.
-Fix: Less CPU ussage to stop lagging.
-Internal: Recoded everything for future use of new features

-----------------------

Preview (2010-03-23)
-Initial Preview Release

---------------LINKS-------------------------
My Website: http://www.scilor.com
SciLor's WiMoBlue Website: http://www.scilor.com/gsensorcontrol.html
Donation: http://www.scilor.com/donate.html
-
DotNET CF 3.5: http://www.scilor.com/gsensorcontrol.html

Download/More Info: http://www.scilor.com/gsensorcontrol.html

Attachments

• SciLorsGSensorControlPreview.jpg
    SciLorsGSensorControlPreview.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 3,002
Last edited:

criminalogic

Oct 11, 2008
OTTAWA
Totally off topic, and please forgive this post But what program is that your using to show open programs in tha top taskbar? :( i had tha App, SD card corrupted and have no clue...
Again i Apologize
Thanks for any help..

Oh and your app seems cool.. i Will test it :)

Toggs

Sep 24, 2007
Leeds
Nice but can I suggest something?

I completely agree, this is what button less devices need. I can't believe there are no proper working versions of tilt scrolling are available. G controller and D pad seem promising but are not really getting far.

As far as I can see you only need two things to get this working great.

1: Device centring so it can be calibrated to a normal holding position for neutral.

2: Maybe a map to a button to pause it - so, for instance, hold the volume button so stop it scrolling once you are where you need to be - or the other way round - press a button to un-pause it and allow scrolling.

If you could get it to emulate finger scrolling - like moving around a webpage or document - that would be awesome.

Good luck - someone's gotta get this working

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
tested

I tried this on my Imagio this morning (6.5). Didn't appear to work (I could have been doing something wrong but it seems like a pretty straight forward deal). I tested it on the Total Commander menu and the PHM Registry menu. It did not respond to either of the 2 options.

I tried installing on device memory and storage card. I did several soft resets. I reinstalled. I have zoombar plus installed. that turns your zoombar into a d pad by sending keystrokes- could that cause a conflict with this app?

**EDIT** So I uninstalled both. Reinstalled GSensor. Still not working for me. Looking forward to further development though.

Last edited:

pmbellis

Jul 10, 2009
Newbury
Brilliant!

I've just installed it on my HD2 (using Duttys HG v0.9 WWE).

The only App I really want to use it in is MS Reader & I can confirm that it works there. However, there are a few enhancements needed before I'd add it to my permanently installed programmes ...

1.) Sensitivity setting ... it's far too sensitive (analogue or digital) ... I'd prefer it if a definite movement was needed, as it is, the slightest adjustment of angle (and none of us are rock steady! :D) triggers the app.
2.) The ability to automatically enable or disable depending on which application had the focus (i.e. a whitelist & a blacklist) ... was a bit disconcerting when my home-page suddenly started switching tabs, etc!
3.) Calibration for centering (as suggested by Toggs) ... I definitely don't use my phone perfectly flat, but hold it tilted at all times ...
4.) ?? Mapping of the G-Sensor direction ?? i.e. I'm fine with left-tilt/right-tilt being page forward, page-back. But it would be nice if up-tilt/down-tilt were mappable to something else.
5.) This is 1. & 4. combined ... would it be possible to be selectively sensitive? i.e. set the up-tilt/down-tilt to a low (or zero) sensitivity & the left/right higher?

Thanks for a great addition to my HD2 experience. I'll definitely be donating once it's out of beta!

Heart1010

Jan 27, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Does nothing here on my Touch HD :eek:

What should it do?!
Do I have to start that program to work or is it autostarted after a soft reset?

Should it "simulate" d-pad right button when i do this with my phone?
3133d1215690955-htc-touch-diamond-profile-switcher-mit-dem-g-sensor-diamondrotate.jpg

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
Doing nothing for me either. I am really looking to try this & spread word about it...Let me know if I can be of any help. I tried both ways but not working..actually nothing happens actually. Using TP2 unbranded with g-sensor enabled. :)

cymax

May 30, 2007
Maybe its nice idea to measure the curent state (position) of the device and use that as 0 position (starting) for G-Sensor every time we starting this software

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
I will do my best to give you a nice experience. I am currently planning that you can set up a standard behavior and you may also set special behavior for applications. You may choose if the GSensor should be calibrated on the programs startup automaticly, you may pre calibrate it for the application only or use the standard you set.

Mhh I hope I find enough time to make that features soon :)

SciLor
PS:
What about running it as a process, seperated from the config tool so there is any need of an open window in the background. :)