Fire Stick Hidden - 711 Page (v 0.1)

Search This thread

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
I have a Fire Stick and basic remote. I "butt dialed" the remote by sitting on it. When I looked at my TV monitor there was a diagnostic screen I never saw before on the display. The diagnostic screen information was:

711 Page (v 0.1)
1 ******** Device ********
1.1 DSN : (numbers...)
1.2 Version : 54.5.5.0_user_550145120
1.4 Time : Jul 18, 2016 1:10:13 AM
1.7 TV model : (some info on my display)
1.8 TV resolution : 640x480p @ 60 Hz

3 ******** Connection ********
3.2 AP : (info on my access point)
3.2.1 Signal : -35
3.2.2 Captive : No(0)
3.2.5 Noise : -92
3.3 Scan : 3

4 ******** Interface ********
4.1 IP : 192.168.1.161

5 ******** Internet ********
5.3 Internet reachable : Yes(1)
5.5 Amazon servers reachable: Yes(1)

7 ********Channels ********
7.1 Current channel : 10
7.2 Recommended channels
2.4 Ghz: 9
5.0 Ghz: 48

8 ******** Fire HD10 Keyboard ********
8.1 Connection status : -1

At the bottom were three buttons: [Reconnect] [Reboot] [More]

The [More] button brought up a new dialog window, with a spinner. After spinning for about 2 minutes the following displayed:
More
Throughput: 37.78 +/- 24.99 Mbps

So I was wondering if someone could figure out what buttons on the remote cause these dialogs to display?

Maybe a developer using "strings" on some internal libraries tricks or other?

Thank you. Otherwise, FYI only.

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
I have a Fire Stick and basic remote. I "butt dialed" the remote by sitting on it. When I looked at my TV monitor there was a diagnostic screen I never saw before on the display. The diagnostic screen information was:

711 Page (v 0.1)

7.2 Recommended channels

The [More] button brought up a new dialog window, with a spinner. After spinning for about 2 minutes the following displayed:
More

So I was wondering if someone could figure out what buttons on the remote cause these dialogs to display?

I think what you stumbled upon was system xray? Hold the down and select for 5 seconds then hit the menu button.

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
I think what you stumbled upon was system xray? Hold the down and select for 5 seconds then hit the menu button.

It is *not* actually xray. Your suggestion works for another hidden dialog. On my fire stick, standard remote, your suggestion brings up a dialog to turn on/off xray. The info on dialog:

Title: System Status Monitor
System X-Ray [OFF | ON]
Launch Network Advisor

The Launch Network Advisor displays another dialog with network info.

But, your suggestion helped. By mistake (misread your suggestion) I pressed the down and home for 5 seconds, then hit the menu button. This brings up the hidden 711 Page. So, it is sorted!

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket soon. LOL

Many thanks!

----------
UPDATE: So now it does *not* work. But, I did bring up the 711 Page dialog three times using the info posted. Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: simplifiedconfusion

nicefile

Jan 20, 2008
u mean h t t p : / / i67.tinypic.com/2zpkt1w.jpg ? Is not exactly "butt dialed"
It's something related to down /up pressing and menu button pressing. I can be run without xray .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Smith42

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
It's something related to down /up pressing and menu button pressing. I can be run without xray .

That is it. Thanks for the picture.

I have not been able to show it again after a many tests.

You might want to block the 54_5_3_7_user_(number), where (number) is unique to our Amazon accounts. Kinda wish I'd blocked (number) out on my post. FYI

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
I got Rewind + Left then Menu to open the 711 page.

Yes. That is it! Thank you. Confirmed.

For more interesting reading google "Kindle 3 and 411/711" and mobileread.com forums. Quote:
"
I only explained how to enter the numbers in as that was the question posed by geeksquadofun in their original post. The page which geeksquadofun is referring to should have told them where exactly to type it and it was a reasonable assumption to make as geeksquadofun was not on the home screen due to the fact that Sym key didn't function. The Sym key would have worked if geeksquadofun was at the Home screen.

311 = Change GSM provider so this only exists on the Kindle 2 International and newer as older Kindles weren't GSM. It doesn't exist at all on a Kindle 3 WiFi. Don't mess with this unless you know what you're doing or at least remember to change it back. If you select the wrong provider then the 3G Whispernet connection no longer works until you set it back.
411 = Kindle version numbers. Only 1 page.
611 = Cell modem details. Around 6 pages. The details automatically refresh so you may find it bounces around a bit and the paging is unreliable. You'll notice that the cell modem is always enabled and connected even if WiFi is active. On the Kindle 3 WiFi unit, this page is still there but empty.
711 = WiFi details so only Kindle 3 units have this currently. 2 pages. You'll see signal strength, channel, what SSID you're connected to and IP address details.
"

Not specifically for the Kindle Fire Stick, but apparently these 711 Pages have some common ground on Kindle devices.

Reactions: Kramar111

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

711 Page (v 0.1)

7.2 Recommended channels

More

It is *not* actually xray. Your suggestion works for another hidden dialog. On my fire stick, standard remote, your suggestion brings up a dialog to turn on/off xray. The info on dialog:

Title: System Status Monitor
    System X-Ray [OFF | ON]
    Launch Network Advisor

The Launch Network Advisor displays another dialog with network info.

But, your suggestion helped. By mistake (misread your suggestion) I pressed the down and home for 5 seconds, then hit the menu button. This brings up the hidden 711 Page. So, it is sorted!

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket soon. LOL

Many thanks!

----------
    UPDATE: So now it does *not* work. But, I did bring up the 711 Page dialog three times using the info posted. Suggestions welcome.

Yes. That is it! Thank you. Confirmed.

For more interesting reading google "Kindle 3 and 411/711" and mobileread.com forums. Quote:
    "
    I only explained how to enter the numbers in as that was the question posed by geeksquadofun in their original post. The page which geeksquadofun is referring to should have told them where exactly to type it and it was a reasonable assumption to make as geeksquadofun was not on the home screen due to the fact that Sym key didn't function. The Sym key would have worked if geeksquadofun was at the Home screen.

311 = Change GSM provider so this only exists on the Kindle 2 International and newer as older Kindles weren't GSM. It doesn't exist at all on a Kindle 3 WiFi. Don't mess with this unless you know what you're doing or at least remember to change it back. If you select the wrong provider then the 3G Whispernet connection no longer works until you set it back.
    411 = Kindle version numbers. Only 1 page.
    611 = Cell modem details. Around 6 pages. The details automatically refresh so you may find it bounces around a bit and the paging is unreliable. You'll notice that the cell modem is always enabled and connected even if WiFi is active. On the Kindle 3 WiFi unit, this page is still there but empty.
    711 = WiFi details so only Kindle 3 units have this currently. 2 pages. You'll see signal strength, channel, what SSID you're connected to and IP address details.
    "

Not specifically for the Kindle Fire Stick, but apparently these 711 Pages have some common ground on Kindle devices.