[ROM] - [5/20/2012] - MikVirgin v1.0 - [Sense 3.6|4.0.3|Tweaks|Odex|Sprintified]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aamikam

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
Is the weather widget from sense 4.0? Cleanrom has it I think it looks nice can you include it if its not already on this rom

its still a WIP man... so the rom runs perfect but like i said in the OP... "im not done with it".

Does this have the roam settings enabled?

yes, i was the 1st to get it working for everyone else... (and yes.. i know it might sound cocky that i even said it, but its true... just shame not everyone read all the time and not everyone are specific with credits given) - nothing against u personally btw.
but u should get that it works from the OP cuz it says "as if it was a sprint release".

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
I love this ROM. It's stupid smooth.

Only question; the included "Infinite ICS" theme, I really like it, but for "Menu" buttons (the little downward triangle on certain options that imply pressing them brings up a popup window) they appear to be really oversized, and the popup menu also looks oversized (as do the radio buttons)

Warning, massive image sizes ahead.

Screenshot_2012-05-14-16-12-39.png

Screenshot_2012-05-14-16-12-47.png

Screenshot_2012-05-14-16-16-59.png

I know your not done its a WIP but I would love to see these features added to the tweaks. I also can't wait until the Hotspot has been fully hacked. Great job on the rom I am downloading it now. Glad you came over from the OG Evo my wife uses your rom for the OG and she loves it. Thank you.

Statusbar: From Evo 3D Gingerbread Leedroid Tweaks
  • OWN SIGNAL TWEAKS - choose up to SEVEN different colors for wifi/data/signal bars - DYNAMIC colors, dependent on signal strength - two icons sets to choose!
Advanced Tweaks:
  • Mount system rw/ro
  • Wipe cache/dalvik
  • Wipe Battery stats
  • Fix permissions
  • zipalaign apks
  • set sd cache

New Tweaks:
  • Hide specific notifications icons: ADD LOCATION ICON
  • Add HTC Quicklaunch Widget from Sense 3.5 make a toggle to turn it off/on (HTC Quicklaunch Widget for ICS Sense 3.6 currently makes the rosie transparent) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1645918
  • Ability to change between rosies (Sense 4.0, 3.6, 3.0, Bliss, or Default gingerbread or Default ICS Launchers).
  • Toggle for 4x4 or 5x5 or 5x4 or 4x5 Rosie with and without text
  • Change Rosie color and transparencies
[/QUOTE]

Newt

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2011
New Castle
HTC U11
HTC U11+
I'm going to load thus up myself.... Just so you all know because I'm sure most of you don't... This man is the reason I started deving.. his mikfroyo Rom hooked me back in the day and I started talking to him off and on and he gave me a project to work on and boom I haven't stopped... In my book he puts out the fastest and stable stock roms you can get... His roms are the only roms I will flash by another dev. Great work as always mik ;)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

evofreak80

Nov 28, 2010
u guys do know this rom has been on my site for a while now...
i decided to post it here also... cuz i know not all u guys come over to the site often... so its worth letting u guys know it exists and in the works.

Your right mik, I haven't been over on your site much since I left my evo 4g but I do still check it for my girls 4g. I'm gonna give yours a try here tonite I like that u incorporated beats, and Sony xloud into the Rom I miss that with mean Rom I'm using now.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Reactions: usopen

tyler.durden

Jul 7, 2010
Arlington, TX
i decided to post it here also... cuz i know not all u guys come over to the site often... so its worth letting u guys know it exists and in the works.

Just reiterating this point...

I highly suggest anyone who is a fan of Mik's work check out his site. :D

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I'm going to load thus up myself.... Just so you all know because I'm sure most of you don't... This man is the reason I started deving.. his mikfroyo Rom hooked me back in the day and I started talking to him off and on and he gave me a project to work on and boom I haven't stopped... In my book he puts out the fastest and stable stock roms you can get... His roms are the only roms I will flash by another dev. Great work as always mik ;)

x2 :cool:

Started using MikFroyo in December 2010 on the Evo, when he first came out with the "Re-Engineered" version.

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6

I flashed MikRunny 1.0x and never looked back until the ICS hit (the itch got me). It was very smooth to say the least. Also....that's massive respect you gave there, most people in general don't give it out like that. I respect you even more for that. Both you guys rock, so do your roms. Regardless....I'm happy I got a new Mik rom to flash now!

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
Yay new version! Been rocking rc1 for the past few days cuz I'm a champ and check themikmik lol I saw it and my jaw dropped and it was just like a "am I reading this right?" Moment.

bjones8515

Mar 11, 2011
southaven

Honestly I pretty much started on Evo og w Mik-z and WarmZ, mik-g ...ran em for a long while. Later Bliss hit & quit, until u guys took it to a new level w Runnymede, MikRunny.....ahhh the good ole days!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Helton566

Aug 17, 2010
Ok this **** just got REAL!
MikMik is the bomb. I've been using his roms since EVO 4g.
I just hope he busts out a 4.0 Rom as well. :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines

I remember the mik runny evo 4G project... I still have it on my pc. It's amazing how much you have learned in so little time.

Mik, I'm so glad to see this here, i got on the mikmik yesterday and saw it there as well. I think everyone in evo land smiles when you create a new thread here :D I have already had every mik rom on every evo I have owned so alas I cannot break the cycle... Thanks again.

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010
Has any one got WiFi tether to work I set it up but it never ask for Su

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys... i was able to mess around with all the VM leak apks and rebuild all of them... that means this rom got the usual treatment... i didnt clean out languages yet cuz i think i will be making a GSM version of this rom also... so until i do that im leaving it multilang.

This ROM is based on the Shooter VM leak that came to us 1st from mdeejay over at rootzwiki and later as an RUU from football. (i used the RUU in this though)
    This rom is also semi based on the Sensation ICS sense 3.6 rom with added apps from that rom.

MikVirgin is the name... cuz its really too funny to pass on. Especially since a lot of guys got stuck with the tag "virgin" in their phone after flashing the leaked firmware.

I wanna give a quick thanks to Chubbzlou and Dropzeroc that got me going on this ICS... it was fun working with u guys... and im sure we not close to done yet.
    Thanks to Newt for his help with anything ICS related that he needed to show me or help me with.
    And another quick thanks to all of the Mikfamily thats running around themikmik these days (devs, themers, modders and users).
    One last thanks to all that were involved in making LeeDroid tweaks (sensation version).

Full changelog/features/etc. are on my site... u will see it when u hit the "Downloads" at the bottom of the thread.

Features:
    • 100% Sprint (as if it was the Sprint ROM)
    • Odex
    • Stock look (cuz we like to make themes also)
    • LeeDroid Tweaks (thanks m0narx, j4n87) (will add more into it much like MikTweaks is)
    • HTC Sense 4 KB style (thanks jerrytan93)
    • Extended browser, with windows button and other improvements (thanks leedroid dudes)
    • HTC Notes
    • EReader
    • HTC Twitter
    • Sony Bravia
    • Sony XLoud
    • RAM tweaks
    • SQL tweaks
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Fast charge enabled
    • Better EGL driver for better FPS
    • TV out
    • HDR, Panorama and Scenes added to Camera
    • Beats on by default (w/ or w/o headset/BT connected, included beats notify)
    • DSP manager
    • Unlocked Hidden Fontsize settings and 3D Homescreen in Display settings
    • Disabled Mms compression (max 5MB default set to 2MB)
    • Editable Mms ports/servers/etc.
    • BusyBox 1.19.4
    • Extra MikApps Tab
    • Mcluvn original InfiniteICS Skin

In Tweaks Currently:
    Statusbar:
    • Hide and reorder quicksetting
    • Hide specific notifications icons: alarm/gps/bluetooth/wifi/data/headset/volume
    • Hide wifi config
    • CM statusbar brighntess
    • Center/hide clock
    • Hide AM/PM from clock
    • Choose clock color
    • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    • Custom statusbar caption
    • Line below carrier name to show: battery %, free mem, free space on sd, wifi state or cpu info(current freq, profile or usage
    • Recent apps button with longpress action
    • Quick quicksettings toggle: if not notification to clear, show immediatly quicksettings
    • Notification Pulldown background color or image
    • Statusbar transparencies
    • Replace H icon with 4G/4G LTE/LTE/3G/3G+/H+
    • Windows Phone 7 styled recent apps dialog
    • HTC Sense 4 styled recent apps dialog
    • Hide app icons from recent apps dialog
    • Recent apps dialog background color or image
    • Recent apps toggle button in notification pulldown - (long press to open recent apps dialog)
    Lockscreen:
    • ICS AOSP Lockscreen
    • Custom carrier lockscreen text
    • Toggle to use menu key to unlock
    • Volume wake toggle
    • Hide date/time/opname
    • Hide AM/PM from clock
    • Hide shortcut labels/bubles
    • Hide lockring navbar
    • Contol music by pressing volume keys
    Rosie Launcher:
    • Toggle between normal/supersmooth and ultra smooth rosie
    • Unlock animation toggle(annoying carousell animation, each time you unlock)
    • From 1 to 5 columns app drawer toggle
    • Paginated app drawer toggle
    • App drawer background color or image
    • Hide navbar lables
    • Transparency toggle for navbar
    • Hide any app icons from app drawer
    • Search and google play buttons in appdrawer(like in Sense 4.0)
    Others:
    • Phone Info: menu when you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer
    • Dim the backlight of capacitive buttons (not working yet)
    • 10 different overscroll colors!
    • Mms screen on
    • Mms Secure Box
    • Mms Block List
    • Sms Backup
    • Earthquake Alert
    • Toggle APM Items
    • Different Autobrighntess levels
    • Define different volume steps
    • Toggle arrows on keyboard

Changelog:
    RC2: [5/14/2012]
    • Re-build apks again to fine-tune anim speeds (so yes... full wipe, and should probably rework themes into the new version)
    • Switched to SuperSU (hopefully u guys like that better, and hopefully it will work better
    • Rewrote update script a lil diff
    • Tweaked build.prop a lil more
    • Disabled scroll cache (should scroll in apps even faster now)
    • Deleted thermald and mpdecision and adjust andreoconfig
    • Changed wimaxmtd to sprint instead of virginmobile
    • Added USB tether and BT tether (native HTC tethering, not extra apps) - BT should work, the rest im working on.
    • Added long press for quick settings:
      • 4G - 4G settings
      • Power Saver - extended power saver settings
      • Flashlight - Flashlight app
      • All Settings - Tweaks app
    • Added force roam mode to phone settings
    • Added more anim speeds to developer menu (i always like to mess with that stuff more myself... so u guys should also)
    • Added more font sizes option to display settings
    • Added HtcNotes and widget
    • Added HtcTwitter and widget
    • Added EReader and widget
    • Added Flashlight
    • Removed HtcRadio (didnt work right... sorry)
    • Updated all Market apps and Market to latest versions
    RC1: [5/10/2012]
    • Ported/RePorted over LeeDroid Tweaks (m0narx HTC Sensation version)
    • Added WiMAX (4G) toggle to quicksettings
    • Rebuilt all apks/framework after running a lil cleanup/optimization inside
    • Optimized Images (smush it) and PNG (optipng -o7 -zm1-9)
    • Adjusted compression ratios in apks
    • Zipaligned using Zipalign from latest Android-SDK

Known Bugs:
    • Native Sprint Hotspot/USB tether cuts off 3G when turned on (use wifi tether app from market or google page)
    • Make sure u open SuperSU app before using any app that needs root, it will ask u to install... hit OK.

I'm pretty sure i left a few things out... but this rom as far as speed, functionality and overall option is pretty much way above RC level... but i'm not done with it yet... so i want it to be RC for now.

If you found bugs, i would prefer if you post them over HERE (since its easier for me to keep track of and some are already reported)

RC3 is up... i will update the OP here a lil later also...

here is the quick changelog:
    • Fixed all SU issues (moved back to chainsd version also)
    • Fixed mic on KB (i forgot who to thank... will add the name later)
    • Exchange ActiveSync "Sync While Roaming" can now be enabled including push (update schedule) while roaming (thanks mikeyxda)
    • HTML message format unlocked in Exchange Mail settings (thanks mikeyxda)
    • Moved a lot of apks to system and odexed (to be more like stock rom)
    • Enabled EQ/SRS/Dolby in Htc Music player
    • Changed DSPManager to ICS version and fixed audio effects config to match
    • Reverted back to older EGL drivers (seems smoother to me)
    • Adjusted tweaks again
    • Added all missing HTC apps and widgets (the list is long... so ill skip typing it)
    • Added Multilingual support (kinda getting ready for GSM release also)
    Been using RC1 of this ROM the past couple of days and I have to say it is very polished. Then I saw the name of dev and realized this is the guy who has been helping the other devs get stuff working in their ROMs. So, you should have no doubts about trying this.:D

thanks man... but its all a team effort.... no one dev knows it all... and if we all share the works... it can move forward faster.
    so yes... i did help some devs... but they helped me in the same way.... so its all a joint effort.