Kernel source (and more) up

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I couldn't find sprinkles but I am repo syncing vanilla android ICS now... will take a few hours.

EDIT: Source is finished... but the kernel source is corrupted upon download.

Last edited:

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Hopefully it was just a bad download, or if not, hopefully Motorola reuploads it soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this phone.

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hopefully it was just a bad download, or if not, hopefully Motorola reuploads it soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this phone.
Happened to another developer as well. I have reported the issue to Motorola and hopefully they will fix it. The MD5's matched on all the mirrors I tried to the source, they simply uploaded a corrupt zip to all of the mirrors.

7GpNh.png

Last edited:

turl1

May 2, 2011
I wondered how different was it from mainline kernel, given that it's x86; after answering my own question I uploaded the the kernel release to my GitHub, in case it's more convenient to anyone. It's basically v3.0.8 tag + the Motorola release unpacked on top.

https://github.com/turl/linux-razr-i

I don't currently own a RAZR i so don't expect to see me much around here in the future. The phone does certainly look like a good device to hack on, however. If only I had unlimited monies like those guys on "troll science" :p

Reactions: Tof37

Top Liked Posts