[KEYBOARD]HTC IME v27 (Shu8i/Mattc/Hd2/Nexus One Themed)

Search This thread

ciervo5389

Mar 21, 2010
I used to make my own keyboards to my liking using a generator that made a modded version of HTC_IME for my myTouch. But since I have Android on my HD2 I figured i would try it, instead of a Low Res version, it provided a High Res Version. So i created one on http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ that works on ALL android roms but looks great on Shu8i's.

Black Android
93cd6949-1.png

Cyanogen
e06e6973.png

On mattc's 1.5b :)
b1de65f2.png

Round Keys
58442470.png

Nexus One
9f8f8b66.png

HD2
b29d6cc5.png

Droid
shubskeyboard.png

After installing HTC_IME keyboard apk, do this:

1. In "SETTINGS" under "LANGUAGE & keyboard" enable "HTC_IME mod" by checking the box.
2. Exit and go to your "Messages" and open a "NEW MESSAGE".
3. The "TO:" should have the flashing cursor...press and hold until "Edit text" window appears.
4. Tap "INPUT method"
5. Select "HTC_IME mod"

Original thread can be found here if you would like to make your own.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=654179

Credits:
jonasl (creator of mod)
gIMpSTa (creator of generator)
Shu8i (awesome theme and port of CM6)
spimonkey34 (great sense build)
Cyanogen (The Tupac, MJ, Tiger Woods, Babe Ruth of ANDROID)
dragion (quick guide)
ALL THE GREAT DEVS OUT THERE FOR MAKING ANDROID POSSIBLE!!!

Attachments

• cyanogen.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,016
  • Hd2.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,059
  • droid.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Geekism

Aug 1, 2010
Are there just absolutely no keyboards with directional arrows for Android? I find myself booting into windows a lot just to text.

Nice keyboard by the way, I was just saying I wish there were some good ones with directional arrows.

ciervo5389

Mar 21, 2010
Are there just absolutely no keyboards with directional arrows for Android? I find myself booting into windows a lot just to text.

Nice keybpard by the way, I was just saying I wish there were some good ones with directional arrows.

If you are talking about arrows as a "replacement" for a trackball? then yes, there are not any keyboards to my knowledge that have that. Sorry :/

schoei1

Apr 3, 2010
The only one I know of is the Swype keyboard. It's the edit keyboard, the fourth keyboard in Swype.

The four Swype keyboards
1) Qwerty
2) Symbols
3) Numeric
4) Edit

hazard99

Jun 13, 2009

That like up there ^ is so beyond awesome!

and the keyboard looks great. Just wish the spacebar would say android and not droid.

if I knew it would fit and I could edit it i would. I dont like it when people confuse droid with android.

ciervo5389

Mar 21, 2010

That like up there ^ is so beyond awesome!

and the keyboard looks great. Just wish the spacebar would say android and not droid.

if I knew it would fit and I could edit it i would. I dont like it when people confuse droid with android.

ill upload one in a sec, and a picture :)

kivine

Dec 15, 2009

Nice keyboard by the way, I was just saying I wish there were some good ones with directional arrows.

Smart keyboard Pro has directional keys. Go into the options to select

velayo

May 23, 2010
Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
The sense keyboard from the Sprint EVO has the directional keys, at least I remember using a build with directional keys and it was a sense. Wish I knew how to generate it for this rom. Thanks man. I love this.

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
i try this on mattc Leo Froyo with Sense 1.5b, but it "Force To Close" me when i try to use it.

ciervo5389

Mar 21, 2010
i try this on mattc Leo Froyo with Sense 1.5b, but it "Force To Close" me when i try to use it.
Uninstall it, then reinstall. Go to settings/language & keyboard and check HTC_ime mod. Then long press when sending a message. Select input method and then HTC_ime

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

ciervo5389

Mar 21, 2010
By the way if anyone wants me to make one to they're liking and don't want to use the generator themselves. Just let me know the color of the primary keys, secondary, color of font,and color of secondary font.

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
Uninstall it, then reinstall. Go to settings/language & keyboard and check HTC_ime mod. Then long press when sending a message. Select input method and then HTC_ime

thanks for reply,
it's still not working, a "Force Close" message popup right after Select input method and then HTC_ime.

Is this just a skin? or Or do i have to install keyboard first then install this theme?

ciervo5389

Mar 21, 2010
thanks for reply,
it's still not working, a "Force Close" message popup right after Select input method and then HTC_ime.

Is this just a skin? or Or do i have to install keyboard first then install this theme?

Its the actual keyboard. Hmmm, it worked for me when i used Froyostone. Im not too sure about mattc's?

Thats strange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem i have is every time im typing in something with a dot (.) such as my email address, it adds a space after the dot where i try to insert the next letter.
    Fix that and make one without anything writen on the space bar and i will try again.