what rom is everyone using?

Which ROM are you using on your Nexus 4?

• Total voters
Search This thread

syamilsatanick

Feb 5, 2012
Reason i rooted my phone before this is because i really like aosp.

Now with nexus im all stock and rooted. Just because of sixaxis need rooted phone to connect the controller.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

3UR0TR45H

Jun 29, 2011
Bellingham
I've been faithful to Paranoid Android since my OG Galaxy S and that is what I'm running now. Honestly, this phone needs nothing but root out of the box.

Not actually a huge fan of pie or the custom color options. Google really nailed it with stock JB. I just like the ability to change the layout of individual apps. I'll probably always run PA.

sna66

Apr 29, 2006
Cm10 .. I tried the others and I'm happiest with this one.. I dislike the settings and gmail etc in pa. Cm has some cooler stuff than stock

PERSIMMONS

Oct 23, 2010
Toronto
I'm running stock on my N4, just ended up customizing the font on it seeing as how I hate the stock font.
Sent from my HTC Desire

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360228762628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360228762628.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,066

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Cm10 .. I tried the others and I'm happiest with this one.. I dislike the settings and gmail etc in pa. Cm has some cooler stuff than stock

dude, youre missing the whole point of hybrid engine. havent you seen the eye inside the settings? you can switch settings and mail and anything you want into any layout or size that you like. these apps come by default as you've seen them but 3 taps and they go back to the old UI. (-;

PA got the pie feature from LMT launcher and tweaked it. But it is an amazing ROM :D

lmt got its feature from google, its part of the aosp just like any other button or checkbox, and then left it like that. when pie came out they got all their features which go beyond simple navigation from pie. its a replica of pie now, not the other way around. (-;

Last edited:
Reactions: buster041284

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010
woow.. i guess i'd be the first in this thread but AOKP. The reason is simple, it's basically stock android with all the customization levels you wish to put on it. Stability so far has been on par with stock to me. I like little customizations like change carrier's name, any widget in lockscreen, center clock, and toggles customizations.

Reactions: erraz

Nexus 4

Oct 30, 2012
I'm going to keep mine stock for a while.
I've been messing around for three years with my HTC Desire and I'm quite fed up of this... so I just want to enjoy the device and that it :cyclops:

Reactions: Travelawyer

Hayness

Aug 24, 2010
Paranoid Android ROM, have been using it since ~v1.8 and now on my Nexus 4 it's great to not have the on screen buttons and the new colours are amazing.

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011
AW: what rom is everyone using?

I'm using cm10 because stock is missing a Ton of useful features.. Maybe I'll give pa a try soon.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock :D first stock ROM i've ever liked!! :D
    How do I get that setup?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Velocity is not on XDA and since the ROM is from ctfrommn you know why the same is not on XDA. The official thread for the ROM is
    http://www.purespeedx.net/index.php/Thread/216-Velocity/?pageNo=1
    This ROM has number of commits from Art aosp master branch !! Secondly it has updated qcom drivers in d ROM !! Dalvik is not at all optimized so if u want to make use of it forget thinking about this as ur choice of ROM !! Infact ctfrommn is thinking of removing dalvik altogether since art is so much more smoother and better in terms of battery life !! Recommended kernel could be moob for performance ( but has a bug which causes it to consume a bit more of juice ) ,ak for mix of performance and battery or hellscore for battery !! This is as easy as setting this ROM up
    Why are you switching back to 4.3?

Imo 4.3 was the ****tiest time period for development in the entire life of the n4.

accelerated [mako]
    Me and Phil have moved to the iTelephone and are no longer interested.

Our dad (Neville) is still using a Nokia 3310 - so he doesn't care either.

Thanks all.
    I've tried quite a few ROMs in the last 2 weeks. I have had this phone for about 4 months. This phone is very fast, and the most roms run very smooth.

1. Carbon ROM - Tons of features, nice and black interface. Battery life was average, ROM was not as smooth as others. I ran this for almost a month. 3/5

2. Sentinel ROM - Has a just the right amount if features. Speed is smooth as silk. Battery is pretty good. I was on this rom for almost 2 months and it never slowed down. 4/5

3. Slim ROM - A lot of features, more that you would think for a "slim" rom. But seriously its has a beautiful interface its smooth as they get IMO. 5/5

I have tried these kernels also.

1. Franco - Smooth and excellent battery life, extremely stable.

2. Joker Kernel - This kernel is top notch, best battery life and performance I have experienced.

3. AK43e - The AK kernel is a beast I have been using this one lately and I love how fast it is. I highly recommend you try this one out if your looking for something new.

I would recommend
    Greenify, it does an excellent job at hibernating apps that eat your battery.
    Better battery stats if you want to see how fast your losing juice.
    Titanium backup for backing up all your apps and data (like your texts, calls, WiFi, data usage etc.) Makes it easy to switch ROMs.
    Trickster Mod for changing your kernels settings.

That's my 2 cents, this phone just kicks ass. Happy flashing!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta