Please help

Search This thread

yoh65

Apr 18, 2012
I've read the Faqs, topics, and looked every where but no where does anyone know what my issue is, so i was hoping someone might know here

Everything i use breakdroid, and do the step by step rooting for the kindle, it wont let me get past step 1 because it's unable to flash to new bootloarder

Attached is the picture and the error message "fail opening shift: no such file or directory" i don't understand what to do to prevent this error message

Also, i've tried breakdroid 0.6.7 and 0.6.4

Screen_Shot_2014_02_15_at_9_37_20_AM.png

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I've read the Faqs, topics, and looked every where but no where does anyone know what my issue is, so i was hoping someone might know here

Everything i use breakdroid, and do the step by step rooting for the kindle, it wont let me get past step 1 because it's unable to flash to new bootloarder

Attached is the picture and the error message "fail opening shift: no such file or directory" i don't understand what to do to prevent this error message

Also, i've tried breakdroid 0.6.7 and 0.6.4

Screen_Shot_2014_02_15_at_9_37_20_AM.png

What is your PC's OS??

yoh65

Apr 18, 2012
I hate to say this as I run linux and hate windows.. The Mac utility your trying to use is not very well developed... You need a window machine....

okay, i'm on my windows now, and i've installed all the sdk anroid enviornments needed, and i found out im not rooted, also my issue is that when i use the fire utility 0.9.6 and even 0.9.9 ..it says adb status online, but for boot status it keeps saying unknown

yoh65

Apr 18, 2012
ok uninstalled the drivers, made sure the kindle wasn't plugged in, and still no luck