chromcast mirroring

Search This thread

Obsession5

Jul 30, 2012
For me I can cast from apps but I cannot cast from any screen which is built into the new update for some phones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

MIKEYSAKZ

Dec 30, 2012
For me I can cast from apps but I cannot cast from any screen which is built into the new update for some phones.

This is what you need in order to cast any screen from your phone even if the phone has a screen mirror option, your tv needs a receiver to do so even a smart tv needs it

Attachments

• 1405224912990.jpg
    1405224912990.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 127

chocolate8175

Sep 10, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
This is what you need in order to cast any screen from your phone even if the phone has a screen mirror option, your tv needs a receiver to do so even a smart tv needs it

Three is a new screen mirroring by using your Chromecast in the latest update, only certain devices will have this capability though. I don't believe our phone was included in that list... Sadly

MIKEYSAKZ

Dec 30, 2012
Three is a new screen mirroring by using your Chromecast in the latest update, only certain devices will have this capability though. I don't believe our phone was included in that list... Sadly

My girl has the option on her note3 and even she cannot mirror her phone in the way you have described without the receiver as mentioned above

jdiamond7

Jan 14, 2012
Reactions: screwyluie

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
There is an app that unlocks Mirroring on the Chromecast for all devices. Unfortunately, even though it is unlocked it doesn't always work. For the S3, it works fine on Touchwiz based ROMS but not on AOSP. The developer is still trying to figure out why it isn't working on all devices/ROMS.

Edit: Oops forgot to include the link!
http://xdaforums.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/experimental-enable-mirroring-device-t2812193

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

damn... I dont want to flash a TW rom... I like my slimrom.
Thanks for the info though

installed a rooted stock rom and it still didn't work...oh well I guess I'll keep waiting

Last edited:

jdiamond7

Jan 14, 2012
damn... I dont want to flash a TW rom... I like my slimrom.
Thanks for the info though

installed a rooted stock rom and it still didn't work...oh well I guess I'll keep waiting

Totally agree.

Good news however, apparently r3pwn has found a fix to this issue and is working on it now. At some point today we should have a fix!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts