[Q] E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7)

Search This thread

blupo

Jul 18, 2011
Ive just about tried everything to get my phone to do a system update. When i do try to update it. It starts up Teamwin Recovery and says updated aborted. So i tried to flash the update manually by going to /downloads then trying to flash the OTA Sharp shooter and thats when i get the E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) at the end. So if anyone could help would be greatly appreciated. :)

pinky059

Oct 8, 2010
Baltimore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Ive just about tried everything to get my phone to do a system update. When i do try to update it. It starts up Teamwin Recovery and says updated aborted. So i tried to flash the update manually by going to /downloads then trying to flash the OTA Sharp shooter and thats when i get the E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) at the end. So if anyone could help would be greatly appreciated. :)

What do you mean by System Update? What are you on now? Are you trying to flash a ROM? Going to /Downloads and flashing OTA sharp shooter; not sure what you mean by this at all...... :confused:

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007

A HTC OTA update cannot be flashed using a custom recovery, that is why you are getting the second error. Also a OTA will fail when HBoot attempts to run it when you have a custom recovery installed, that is probably the source of. First error.

Bottom line is that an OTA cannot be installed when you have a custom recovery, so just fine a custom, rooted Rom that is based on the OTA and flash that instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: blupo

pimp100500

Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
all you gotta do is go to recovery try to install it when you get the error pull the battery and go back into recovery from bootloader

Reactions: blupo

blupo

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks i would make you kool-aid but im fresh out... and that didnt work either

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Yea i think your right... O well

nightcrawler77

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Hey guys,

I had a similar problem when trying to flash my Nexus s with CyberGR mod.
Tried pretty much everything from trying to wipe system/dalvik/cache/factory reset and also disabled signature check.
Nothing really happened, i kept getting the error again.
Then i had flashed the recovery image (had a TWRP 2.0 running... changed it to CWM) and then the flash went on just fine.
So my guess is that this something to do with the recovery ROM. I would want to ensure that the recovery image used by the dev and mentioned in the install instructions be used.
Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A HTC OTA update cannot be flashed using a custom recovery, that is why you are getting the second error. Also a OTA will fail when HBoot attempts to run it when you have a custom recovery installed, that is probably the source of. First error.

Bottom line is that an OTA cannot be installed when you have a custom recovery, so just fine a custom, rooted Rom that is based on the OTA and flash that instead.
    all you gotta do is go to recovery try to install it when you get the error pull the battery and go back into recovery from bootloader