[ROM][OFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 9][TeamChopsticks][RC2 - 7/19]

Search This thread

bendbowden

May 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How did that go? I want to go to my ubuntu partition and sync put i'm afraid i'm going to build it when they're fixing something.

Building now also....will let you know how it goes.

EDIT: First time building on this damn 32bit laptop (my 64bit desktop is being repaired). This **** is taking forever! I will report back when it finally finishes.

ae6c7eea-d546-9b93.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: M0D1441

mahausrath

Apr 9, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
How did that go? I want to go to my ubuntu partition and sync put i'm afraid i'm going to build it when they're fixing something.

Lol soft brick. He wasn't kidding when he says "use Ubuntu 10.04". I'm on 12.04, but I'm sure I did something wrong, I was building through a local Jenkins... which I've never set up. Still tooling around with it haha.

But as far as building issue goes... its a risk lol. Always have a backup and Odin/adb ready. I'm def a noob android'er, but not new to Linux. I can recover from anything aside from hard brick, which will change when I get my riff on order (Friday).

Last edited:

bendbowden

May 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Lol soft brick. He wasn't kidding when he says "use Ubuntu 10.04". I'm on 12.04, but I'm sure I did something wrong, I was building through a local Jenkins... which I've never set up. Still tooling around with it haha

12.04 won't work because it does not work well with branches other than master atm. I def would depreciate to 10.04 to avoid other issues (especially if you plan to sync directly to their device trees).

mahausrath

Apr 9, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
12.04 won't work because it does not work well with branches other than master atm. I def would depreciate to 10.04 to avoid other issues (especially if you plan to sync directly to their device trees).

Interesting. Maybe I'll make a new 10.04 partition to mess around with, I like 12.04 too much to give up :p

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah. Just go ahead and build AOSP in Windows.

Oh wait you can't. Awk.

Oh wait, i laughed so hard at this comment. Do you know what linux is? Do you know that it comes packaged in may different flavors and by different companies all over the world? Ubuntu isnt the only version of linux out there. They can all use the same code, they can all use gcc, python gcc c++, etc.

Just because i dislike Ubuntu, doesnt mean im an idiot using windows.

Please tell me you're trolling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

No, im not trolling.

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
Oh wait, i laughed so hard at this comment. Do you know what linux is? Do you know that it comes packaged in may different flavors and by different companies all over the world? Ubuntu isnt the only version of linux out there. They can all use the same code, they can all use gcc, python gcc c++, etc.

Just because i dislike Ubuntu, doesnt mean im an idiot using windows.

No, im not trolling.

What distro are you using then?

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
Now don't you guys go getting off topic lol.

Im done, and i apologize. I just said i dislike ubuntu and it got out of hand and i felt like someone didnt know what they were talking about and needed a lesson in linux. It looked like they assumed i was a windows user who didnt know a single thing.

Remember, ubuntu is a distribution of linux, not THE GOD OF ALL THINGS LINUX.
Honestly even mentioning ubuntu to heavy linux users will get you laughed at.

Carry on, love you team chopsticks, love ya top!

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
The distro battle is great and all, but can we get back to a new CM 9 build?

Yes we can, and I apologized. Just people think "Ubuntu 10.04" is the only way to go. Currently compiling on suse 12.1

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336936900493.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336936900493.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 274

kalel90

Aug 26, 2010
Yes we can, and I apologized. Just people think "Ubuntu 10.04" is the only way to go. Currently compiling on suse 12.1

The more the merrier i just hope you guys don't get all excited with the new build and forget to post it for the rest of us lol. I have been known to do such things on occasion.

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
The more the merrier i just hope you guys don't get all excited with the new build and forget to post it for the rest of us lol. I have been known to do such things on occasion.

I mainly wanted to check the status of some files. But i was thinking on flashing it. May brick me tho... If you want to be my test dummy...

EDIT: Build compiled fine, flashed fine, no bricks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, so some issues still exist. Please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Good news:

The CyanogenMod team committed the lockscreen shortcuts and themes chooser features to the mainline. They are pretty cool, although a little rough around the edges. Our next release will include these.

When is the next release? Not sure yet. Still working on the major bugs.
    This is my build, i do not take responsibility for any bricks or issues. It flashed fine for me.
    Top if you want this file removed tell me and i will take it down.

Yes im part of team wafflehouse if you see it in the download link, but this is all teamchopsticks work.

This is PRE alpha3. NOT an official release, expect it to not have ALL the alpha3 fixes.

http://d-h.st/h0w