[MOD][Xposed] HTC Gesture Modifier

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

This module allows you to change the gestures on the HTC One (M8), this is specific to the gestures when the screen is off.

Screenshot:
Snxi7Ubl.png

Compatibility:
HTC One (M8) one 4.4.2

Source:
The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-HTC-Gesture-Modifier
You may NOT distribute this app on the Play Store, paid or free.

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.htcgesturemodifier

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Last edited:

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
This looks awesome. I'll install Xposed just for this and will report back!

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
I've been hoping somebody would come up with this, thank you!

I know it's version one but on my device (Verizon running SkyFall ROM and Evo's kernel) the Google voice gesture doesn't turn the screen on. It works, but the screen is still off lol. Just a heads up!

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

EDIT: Didn't realize you mentioned that on the download page in Xposed... disregard :p

Last edited:

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I've been hoping somebody would come up with this, thank you!

I know it's version one but on my device (Verizon running SkyFall ROM and Evo's kernel) the Google voice gesture doesn't turn the screen on. It works, but the screen is still off lol. Just a heads up!

EDIT: Didn't realize you mentioned that on the download page in Xposed... disregard :p

Actually Google Voice Search should turn on the screen, it has a flag set on it that does that.
I can add the option to turn on the screen manually if it doesn't work for some reason.

Do you have a passcode set? (Although I did test that too)

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
Actually Google Voice Search should turn on the screen, it has a flag set on it that does that.
I can add the option to turn on the screen manually if it doesn't work for some reason.

Do you have a passcode set? (Although I did test that too)

I have a lockscreen set but no passcode. Google Voice starts (I can hear the chime) but the screen doesn't turn on and it immediately quits. Everything else seems to work just fine. I just took a glance at your source, and I noticed that there's no call to wakeUpDevice in the performAction method (for Voice anyway.) Could that be the issue?

I tried adding that and testing it myself, but for some reason when I compile and run on my device, nothing at all works. So clearly I'm doing something wrong on that front :p

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I have a lockscreen set but no passcode. Google Voice starts (I can hear the chime) but the screen doesn't turn on and it immediately quits. Everything else seems to work just fine. I just took a glance at your source, and I noticed that there's no call to wakeUpDevice in the performAction method (for Voice anyway.) Could that be the issue?

I tried adding that and testing it myself, but for some reason when I compile and run on my device, nothing at all works. So clearly I'm doing something wrong on that front :p

Yeah, it's not there cause there's a flag set with intent.addFlags that turns the screen on.

It probably didn't work cause you didn't wait for Xposed to update the module list. Toggle the module and reboot.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
Yeah, it's not there cause there's a flag set with intent.addFlags that turns the screen on.

It probably didn't work cause you didn't wait for Xposed to update the module list. Toggle the module and reboot.

Gotcha. I don't know that much about developing for Android. I activate the module and reboot though, to no avail :(

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Nice mod! Any way to have the phone not wake up with the music prev/next gestures?

That was the original goal, but after a gesture is detected no more gestures are recorded, so you either have to turn on the screen yourself or not use gestures.

I mentioned it in the repository link description. I have no idea if this is a thing in the SensorHub hardware, the kernel, or SensorHubService I'm hooking, so it needs more time to see if it's possible.

Clarkkent434

Nov 20, 2010
Metropolis
droid-nation.com

I have the same issue with the screen not turning on. I toggle the module and reboot and it didn't fix it for me.

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
@MohammadAG I've finally gotten the Google Voice trigger to work as intended. I modified the Xposed.java file to include the wakeOnScreen method when starting Google Voice (I'll attach my modified file here.) This change combined with your Secure Google Voice Search module works perfectly. Thanks so much :)

EDIT: apparently I don't know how to attach files... here's a link instead then: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WKgmwysr6OM29rbUxwbG93NlU/edit?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

I have the same issue with the screen not turning on. I toggle the module and reboot and it didn't fix it for me.

You can have my modified version of the apk here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WKgmwysr6OQUM0MFZySW13OWs/edit?usp=sharing

Bear in mind that it's unsigned and such (I don't know how to sign apks yet :p) I just got it working on mine and figured I'd offer you the version that's working for me if you want it. Installing this + OP's secure google voice search module will make it work.

Main Target

Sep 20, 2008
I just installed the modified APK and the secure google voice thing. It does work and wakes the devices, but after the very first time it launches google voice search, subsequent attempts only open google now search, but no voice. I have to close google search for it to work again.

That being said its definitely working better than before!!! Kudos!

@MohammadAG I've finally gotten the Google Voice trigger to work as intended. I modified the Xposed.java file to include the wakeOnScreen method when starting Google Voice (I'll attach my modified file here.) This change combined with your Secure Google Voice Search module works perfectly. Thanks so much :)

EDIT: apparently I don't know how to attach files... here's a link instead then: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WKgmwysr6OM29rbUxwbG93NlU/edit?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

You can have my modified version of the apk here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WKgmwysr6OQUM0MFZySW13OWs/edit?usp=sharing

Bear in mind that it's unsigned and such (I don't know how to sign apks yet :p) I just got it working on mine and figured I'd offer you the version that's working for me if you want it. Installing this + OP's secure google voice search module will make it work.

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
I just installed the modified APK and the secure google voice thing. It does work and wakes the devices, but after the very first time it launches google voice search, subsequent attempts only open google now search, but no voice. I have to close google search for it to work again.

That being said its definitely working better than before!!! Kudos!

I'm not having that issue, it works every time for me. So I dunno :p but I'm glad this version is working for you. Keep in mind that when OP updates his you'll have to manually uninstall the apk I gave you, as the signatures won't match.

Main Target

Sep 20, 2008
Boo thats not what I was hoping to hear :(

It works 100% better than before, so i cant complain too much hehe

strazicic

Nov 15, 2006
Oroslavje
www.kmc.hr
Great development!

I was wondering is it posible to give each swipe option "no action" line?
Thing is that I like double tap wakeup but all other options are wakeing my phone by accident too many times.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GoremanX

Apr 3, 2013
Great development!

I was wondering is it posible to give each swipe option "no action" line?
Thing is that I like double tap wakeup but all other options are wakeing my phone by accident too many times.

Agreed, what I really want is a way to enable/disable some of the gestures. HTC doesn't allow me to do that, it's all or nothing. I was hoping this module would give me that option, but it doesn't :(

Sky93

Mar 6, 2009
I'm having the same problem as a bunch of the above with it not waking the screen. I tried using this with the dot view case and without and get the same chime and stop effect. Is this supported with the case? (I'm also using your dot view mods app)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts