ART vs Dalvik

Search This thread

hendav

Jun 11, 2010
Had anyone tried enabling ART in developer options? If so, what were the results? Just wondering if its worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Had anyone tried enabling ART in developer options? If so, what were the results? Just wondering if its worth a try.

I had Nexus 5 before this S5, Ive tried ART with some mixed results. With ART on Nexus 5, everything seems smoother and some battery effects (but may be placebo). With S5, everything seems similar in regards to smooth yet FCs from some installed apps like Connection Optimizer and few others. This is very brief on advantages/disadvantages. Its more like a personal preference when people choose one over the other, Dalvik/ART, but you'll have to test yourself and see what you think, form your own opinion about it. Honestly, I'd test it now before Android 4.5/5.0 comes with it by default runtime. Some say no, some say yes, its definitely though agreed to be in development and has a lot of potential towards being great.

Reactions: hendav

sarreq

Aug 31, 2010
wait until the next major android version before using ART, it's not stable enough yet, and there are many apps not compatible with it.

Reactions: hendav

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
wait until the next major android version before using ART, it's not stable enough yet, and there are many apps not compatible with it.

Bingo. It's not stable enough and many apps you know, lov, and use a lot are not compatible with ART yet. Hopefully Android 4.5/5.0 (whichever they decide) will make ART stable as hell and be able to be used 100% of the time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had Nexus 5 before this S5, Ive tried ART with some mixed results. With ART on Nexus 5, everything seems smoother and some battery effects (but may be placebo). With S5, everything seems similar in regards to smooth yet FCs from some installed apps like Connection Optimizer and few others. This is very brief on advantages/disadvantages. Its more like a personal preference when people choose one over the other, Dalvik/ART, but you'll have to test yourself and see what you think, form your own opinion about it. Honestly, I'd test it now before Android 4.5/5.0 comes with it by default runtime. Some say no, some say yes, its definitely though agreed to be in development and has a lot of potential towards being great.