S5 specs leaked.

Search This thread

Deadpool

Aug 17, 2013
Jodhpur
http://m.gsmarena.com/an_alleged_photo_of_the_samsung_galaxy_s5_box_reveals_the_specs-news-7788.php
The chipset has a quad-core CPU at 2.5GHz and LTE Cat. 4 (150Mbps downlink). This is certainly a Snapdragon chipset and we're possibly looking at the Snapdragon 800 8974AC variety, which packs Krait 400 at 2.46GHz. The box also promises 3GB RAM, same as the Galaxy Note 3 (as can be expected).Moving on, the screen is listed as 5.25" QHD (2,560 x 1,600), which is precisely what the latest rumors have been saying. That would push the pixel density to 560ppi, but keep in mind this is likely a PenTile Super AMOLED, so it should have a noticeable visual improvement over the current 5" 440ppi screen.Same goes for the camera - a 20MP shooter, which is in line with the*leaked 16MP photo*that had 16:9 aspect ratio (20MP is at 4:3). Strangely, the video capture is just 1080p.The final bit of specifications that the box reveals is Android 4.4 KitKat and a 3,000mAh battery.

rkial

Nov 25, 2012
That pic is most probably fake.
They haven't even announced the device yet. It won't hit the stores for a couple of months. I doubt they've started making retail boxes for it just yet.

Sam Mobile thinks its fake too.

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
If the battery is really only a 3amp battery then I'm already out. The battery life on the SD800 is already horrid as it is. On top of that, the 2.3GHz SD800 is already pointless to the average user. 2.5GHz is just going to suck the life right out of the device. I compared my LG Optimus G Pro (SD600 1.7GHz) to my grandmother's LG G2 (SD800 2.3GHz) and noticed absolutely no difference in terms of gaming performance. Yeah, it scores higher in benchmarks but that doesn't even matter. Just about all apps don't even need 1.7GHz quad core, or even use enough resources to really stress the device. She's even convinced to trade in her G2 for the G Pro simply for the bigger screen + better battery life (She doesn't do anything besides texting, phone calls and check Facebook and has to charge her G2 TWICE A DAY, not including a nightly charge, compared to my G Pro only needing a nightly charge). If anyone does anything to further improve batteries, or even the need for such power, then I'd consider an SD800 or higher device. Until then, these newer "flagship" phones can bite me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jun 22, 2012
Sure, the ridiculously fast processor (that matches my desktop's processor speed...) seems pointless for most if not all games and apps on the market TODAY. But how are we going to improve the future without the tools with which to do so? The S5 is, regardless of the accuracy of these leaked specs, is going to be a powerful piece of machinery, and with that popular of a phone on the market, developers will do whatever they can to push the limits of the phone. Think about it, you could be playing some (slightly) older PC games on your phone in a couple of years.
And who knows, maybe they'll find some battery tweaks or a more efficient way to structure everything so it doesn't drain so fast. If nothing else, you could be like my roommate who always has 2 spare batteries and a battery charger for his S4. Just switch them out, and in 10 seconds you're back to full.

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
I see your point but who wants to spend $40+ for extra batteries or carry around a battery pack? On top of that, there aren't enough devices with specs like these to really develop apps that would actually utilize that kind of power. One device among all others. It's just like PC vs Console gaming. Games are dumbed down because consoles can't match the speed of high end PC's so PC gamers lose out in the end.

I'm saying that these phone companies should look more towards advancing batteries than making more and more powerful devices that can't keep up with use. Look at those old green screen phones. Those things could last days, even weeks on a single charge compared to smartphones.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

H3adru5H

Mar 20, 2013
Sure, the ridiculously fast processor (that matches my desktop's processor speed...) seems pointless for most if not all games and apps on the market TODAY. But how are we going to improve the future without the tools with which to do so? The S5 is, regardless of the accuracy of these leaked specs, is going to be a powerful piece of machinery, and with that popular of a phone on the market, developers will do whatever they can to push the limits of the phone. Think about it, you could be playing some (slightly) older PC games on your phone in a couple of years.
And who knows, maybe they'll find some battery tweaks or a more efficient way to structure everything so it doesn't drain so fast. If nothing else, you could be like my roommate who always has 2 spare batteries and a battery charger for his S4. Just switch them out, and in 10 seconds you're back to full.

I average 20+ hours with 4-5 hours of screen on time with my GS4. To be fair though, I'm not running TW. Google Edition 4.3 ATM. Kit Kat's battery life on this device isn't as good and the pulldown notification is a little choppy at times :-/

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
That pic is most probably fake.
They haven't even announced the device yet. It won't hit the stores for a couple of months. I doubt they've started making retail boxes for it just yet.

Sam Mobile thinks its fake too.

It will be released in Barcelona on 23rd February before mwc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rkial

Nov 25, 2012
It will be released in Barcelona on 23rd February before mwc

It will be announced. It won't be available till April
S4 was announced on 15th March and went on sale in the last week of April.. about 6 weeks. The first batch was packed in April.

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
It will be announced. It won't be available till April
S4 was announced on 15th March and went on sale in the last week of April.. about 6 weeks. The first batch was packed in April.

Yeah brother that I know
Atleast it's reviews will be collected on YouTube :)