[UPDATE 2011-01-20] Yet another TCPMP build [SKINNED+AVRCP]

Search This thread

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
...it allows for multiple instances...
Congratulations tbutler, for the innovative way you have dealt with your need for bookmarking. You inspired me to look further into my own need for quick adding of songs into TCPMP's playlist.

...wasn't able to find it in the registry (just what files are in the current playlist...
So frmariam, you found where the current playlist is stored? Is it in the registry? Do you think one could possibly add a file to the playlist from search result(s) of Total Commander?

When I try to use TCPMP to add file(s) to playlist, it takes several minutes, apparently because the Oldies folder on my Storage Card has over 10 GB. So I've been using Christian Ghisler's Total Commander/CE v2.52ß2, which opens the 10 gig folder quickly and gives search results even faster. Since I have MP3 files associated to TCPMP, they can be played almost immediately after being requested. But when several requests come in short time, I'd like to add them to playlist for playing after previous request(s) finish playing. Have been using Total Commander to move requested files from Oldies folder to a folder called nQue, and then use TCPMP to add nQue contents to playlist. This works, but it would be better if I could add them to playlist directly.

I am considering Total Commander's user defined button bar. It was easy to put a Core button for TCPMP on the bar. Maybe it could be used to enque file(s) selected in Total Commander into playlist of TCPMP if the correct parameter could be written?
TotCmdr.png

Anybody know how to write such a parameter, any suggestions or ideas? TIA

runwitme

Jul 29, 2009
how do you uninstall or get rid of TCPMP if its cooked into a rom .. im using NRG energy rom max sense ui .. but the TCPMP thats in it doesnt seem to work .. everytime i try to use it it crashes .. so i want to uninstall or get rid of it so i can try out this TCPMP .. any help would be great .. thanks :D

Nodens

Aug 14, 2007
how do you uninstall or get rid of TCPMP if its cooked into a rom .. im using NRG energy rom max sense ui .. but the TCPMP thats in it doesnt seem to work .. everytime i try to use it it crashes .. so i want to uninstall or get rid of it so i can try out this TCPMP .. any help would be great .. thanks :D

You can't uninstall what's cooked into a rom because it's...well..a ROM (Read Only Memory). The only thing you can do is install both or flash a new rom without it (or cook one yourself although I doubt you'd be asking this if you knew how and it's not a trivial thing to learn).

I'm 99% sure that your cooked version resides in \Windows\ (doubt a cook would relocate the files via initflash cause they take double space then) so you should be able to install this cab without modification:)

runwitme

Jul 29, 2009
You can't uninstall what's cooked into a rom because it's...well..a ROM (Read Only Memory). The only thing you can do is install both or flash a new rom without it (or cook one yourself although I doubt you'd be asking this if you knew how and it's not a trivial thing to learn).

I'm 99% sure that your cooked version resides in \Windows\ (doubt a cook would relocate the files via initflash cause they take double space then) so you should be able to install this cab without modification:)

yea found the answer already .. lol :D thx tho
yea tried deleting the files already in \Windows and installing the cab on device but it still dont work for me .. it keeps crashing .. ill keep trying . :D

well finally got TCPMP to work .. great app .. thanks =D

Last edited:

dfdf

Dec 24, 2007
"Suspend play" feature doesn't work

My phone is running WM6.5,"suspend play" feature doesn't work properly,pressing suspend button only locks keypad when this build of TCPMP is playing,while screen keeps on(with the video showing) and screen touching feature is still operating,this means that I miss the main function of suspend mode(black sceen for power-saving,disabling screen touching to avoid unexpected operating).

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
It's been 8 days and it's been downloaded 33 times and not a single report on whether the new 480x800 and 480x640 versions of my skin are better than the originals?

Last edited:
It's been 8 days and it's been downloaded 33 times and not a single report on whether the new 480x800 and 480x640 versions of my skin are better than the originals?
Thanks for your skin. The buttons seem to have been well designed, regarding their sizes. Nevertheless, on my device they get obstructed by TCPMP's default controls. I don't know why they don't go away, since another skin (yours) was selected. Take a look at the attached picture for further details.

Regards,
Carlos

EDIT: I don't know why, either, in the first picture, the TCPMP controls got in the way. In another shot, you can see that your skin still gets behind the softkey controls...

Last edited:

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
casouzaj,
Thanks. It looks like I was right the first time with regards to the 52 pixels. I've set the size back (-52 pixels high), so the controls ought not to be cut off now. You or someone else, please let me know how these are.

EDIT: I've updated my original post with the new zip. Please visit the following link to download it: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6071639&postcount=284

Last edited:

porkenhimer

Apr 9, 2009
My phone is running WM6.5,"suspend play" feature doesn't work properly,pressing suspend button only locks keypad when this build of TCPMP is playing,while screen keeps on(with the video showing) and screen touching feature is still operating,this means that I miss the main function of suspend mode(black sceen for power-saving,disabling screen touching to avoid unexpected operating).

If u r wanting to turn the screen off and leave everything playing the go to settings/hot keys and just assign a button so that u can turn off the back light.

bsw11

Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
alphabase.com
Make use of TD2 Zoom Slider

It would be really great if you could use the zoom slider to move the positioning bar of TCPMP back and forth! Any chance.

If that is not possible the other choice would be to build a touch gui in full screen mode like most current players have - how about that?

LaZi3b0y

Oct 27, 2008
Anybody knows a fix for the freezing when trying to fast forward/move the slider to jump forward a bit in the video will streaming FLV?

dainar

Jan 28, 2009
Rome
dear friend, just yesterday I downloaded a skin for my hd2 (800x480).
I'll give you my compliments it is perfect Now the essential buttons are easily reached.
thanks

monoschwarz

Sep 26, 2008
hi i have a HTC P4350

I know, unfortunately, not the cpu

ffmpeg.plg what I have to take

please excuse my bad english

mfg mono
hi ich habe ein htc p4350

ich kenne leider die cpu nicht

welche ffmpeg.plg muss ich nehmen

entschuldigen sie bitte mein schlechtes englisch

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
dear friend, just yesterday I downloaded a skin for my hd2 (800x480).
I'll give you my compliments it is perfect Now the essential buttons are easily reached.
thanks

I did get a report after I posted that, but thanks for giving me one, as well. I'm glad that it works for you and is better than the earlier version. Enjoy.

gersonstandke

Oct 19, 2007
Brasilia-DF
Thanks!

Hello,

I saw this version today! :eek:

What a great TCPMP version. I installed into HTC Touch HD and even the heavyes movies played fast and with no lag.

My older version (old compilation) was fine, but with so many "incompatible error" and lot of lags.

Tks for sharing and for the great version.

nick13c

Apr 1, 2009
GTX skin for TCPMP

I have create a GTX skin for TCPMP.
it also support landscape:)
it only support wvga on hd2.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,843
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
it is better.
I ask you something: Can you put the button allows the jog (Move forward step)?

tnks.

I'm not sure of what you mean. Some resolutions don't have the fast forward button (since there wasn't room), but that's a continuous move forward, not a "step." I'm not sure that any of the resolutions of my skin have what you're talking about, do they? If not, can you point to an existing skin that has what you're talking about?

sabrezoo

Mar 10, 2010
I already follow the instruction on 1st page, but still TCPMP cannot play *.FLV on my device (Touch Diamond2/Topaz) Do I miss something ?

Install 0.72 RC2, pick skin, replace ffmpeg.plg.... whats more? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest TCPMP build based on milesmowbray's sources, original thread

First of all the credits corner:

This build contains work of the following people:
    fmarozz: flv1 plugin, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/progrdowntcpmp/
    nv: flv4 plugin, at http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nvsofts/20090705
    nikoro: subtitle plugin, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpmpsubssubtit/
    eoc: modified language.tgz file, at http://www.portegeclub.com/forum/vi...&start=0&sid=d913ce354e011e123c302b9ea4995bc1
    mylostblog: skin images, at http://mylostblog.altervista.org/skins/media-player-skins/original-skins/wmp-skin-006-iphone-20
    Listopad: new skin, at http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=74&view=findpost&p=4158144
    templay.de: FileOpen dialog icons, at http://templay.de/Neu/52/Free-Mobile-Berries.html
    xiaojin1985: bluetooth AVRCP support, at http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1640628

Special thanks to original creators of this beast, at http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
    or
    http://corecodec.com/

Features of this build:
    Support of FLV1 FLV4 videos and subtitles straight of the box.
    matroska.plg is mkv version 2.0 compliant.
    flac.plg has the latest 1.2.1 library
    working equalizer
    asap.plg has the latest library (still some problems exists)
    skinnable interface
    Supports BT AVRCP
    includes mpc.plg and tta.plg plugins
    player will keep playing when device is put to suspend mode
    softkey based menu across all screens
    refer to goolge code for more recent update messages

Installation instructions:
    Be sure to uninstall old tcpmp before installing;
    Download cab installer (recommended for Windows mobile 6 and above);
    Install;
    Pick suitable skin pack, for further info read readme.txt in corresponding pack. Or you can try skins created by other users (links are provided below);
    That's it.

TCPMP skins by other users:
    WMP12-like skin from Osprey00: link
    GTX skin by nick13c: link
    QVGA only skin by MrGoodtunes: link
    Vista Dream (QVGA only) skin by charly_: link
    Skin for WQVGA screens by Corwin9S: link
    WP7 style skin by chriscsh: link
    QVGA only skin by millo1978: link
    skins for WWGA by relaxe: link
    Various skins: link

Other resources regarding TCPMP
    Info about skinning: link
    If you want a clean TCPMP version without skin support visit Unit ZER0's thread
    Huge collection of TCPMP resources by frmariam: link
    Another TCPMP based player that has pretty nice Real Video playback: Wepop

I hope you'll enjoy this build, Cheers :cool:

If you'll gona post this build somewhere else please link back to this thread. Let's play fair :)

Sourcecode and previous release can be downloaded here

Sreenshots:

Hello everyone I've compiled a new release with the following features:
    *Added ability to decode FLV1 videos using mpeg4.plg from sources found at pudn.com (i'm surprised that this mod wasn't released before)
    *Added Monkey's audio decoder (ape.plg), not the most useful plugin :D, but coding it helped to investigate certain parts of code.
    *Added ability to load cover art (folder.jpg, cover.jpg, front.jpg) for FLAC audio files
    *Increased max URL length to 512 chars
    *Turned on some compiler optimisations which may improve speed
    *Also reverted ati3200.plg and intel2700.plg to original state (since I have complaint regarding speed and other behaviour)

Donwload it from first post and enjoy :)

Also below is subtitle-free build.
    Everyone,
    I've created a skin based on Windows Media Player 12 (the latest version, included in Windows 7). It's good for those who want a simple, clean skin with minimal interface (i.e. not taking up half of the screen) and, especially, those who are very comfortable with WMP's controls. I also felt it important to include as many of the skinnable controls as possible (moreso than existing skins), so all sizes have "Open", "Playlist", "Mute", "Previous" and "Next buttons and most have "Shuffle", "Repeat" and "FastFwd" buttons. I also added text labels to the buttons because it takes the guesswork out and makes the skin more comfortable to use, IMO. If you'd prefer no text labels, open the Background.bmp in a paint program and paint over the labels with black.

backgroundwo.png
    wmp12skinl.jpg

wmp12skin480l.jpg

buttonspressed480.jpg

The following sizes are included:

For Windows Mobile phones...
    HVGA (320x480)
    QVGA (240x320)
    VGA (480x640)
    WQVGA (240x400)
    WVGA (480x800)

For CE Core (PND/GPS) devices...
    320x240
    240x320
    480x234
    480x272
    272x480
    640x480
    800x480

If you need a different size, see the included Readme for some simple instructions on how you can modify one of the existing sizes to whatever size that you need.

Note: I didn't test every single size, so there may be bugs. Feel free to point them out to me (or, even better, correct them in skin.xml, yourself, and tell me what the corrections were).

EDIT: Replaced all tabs in the XML files with spaces to satisfy a bug in later builds of interface.plg.

EDIT #2: Added HVGA (320x480) version (for the HTC HD Mini, for example).

EDIT #3: Added the same grey background to the 240x320, 240x400 and 272x480 versions that the larger sizes have.

EDIT #4: Magnified the size of the controls for the 480x800, 800x480, 480x640 and 640x480 skins. (Note: all releases until this point have been downloaded a total of ~1400 times)

Download from MediaFire: TCPMP WMP12 Skin.zip
    Download from xda-developers: (see attachment)
    Still having that playlist issue I mentioned in an earlier post. And I did compare some earlier builds of TCPMP, the "Use Blitting" option was present then, but not in the current release. Is this option no longer necessary? Will re-implementing it improve performance? And is there any other solution to that playlist issue?
    You mentioned that you are using intel2007g decoder, try to replace current intel2007g.plg with official one (from http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/) if it fixes the problem i will recompile that plugin using original sources.
    SOLVED!

You mentioned that you are using intel2007g decoder, try to replace current intel2007g.plg with official one (from http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/) if it fixes the problem i will recompile that plugin using original sources.

You were right... The original "Intel2700G.plg" file solved my problem. Now, when I move to other items in my playlist by skipping forward or backward to the next file while in fullscreen, the screen doesn't go black. There is still no "Use Blitting" option available anywhere, but, Interestingly, the "Dither" option, under "Options -> Video" is no longer grayed out when a video file is loaded. Before, when no video file was loaded, this option could be checked or unchecked, and whenever a file was loaded, the option grayed out, and was locked to whatever it had been set to before loading, either checked or unchecked. Now, "Dither" can be checked or unchecked mid-playback. Also, subtitles are displayed at the absolute bottom of the visual field in portrait, and the bottom of the screen in fullscreen mode, rendering "widescreen" video files completely unobstructed.