[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

Username445

Oct 7, 2017
Hi
hopefully this is the right thread since i havent seen any about this but here goes
Songs/videos are being skipped.

You know when the app in playing in the bg and it has the little window in the notification bar with the options to skip to the next song, go back, pause and play? Whenever I hit skip, it goes through nearly all my other songs that are in the shuffle to one of the few songs it plays on loop. Even when I do not hit next, it has maybe 7? 15? songs it plays on repeat although I have hundreds.

It only started a few days ago when I put some new videos on my phone.

The only way I know to get it to stop skipping is when I leave it open on my screen and not as a background app.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but that did nothing.

peterlee928

Oct 16, 2014
hello

great work thus far!

one request - the song info (artist, song title, etc) do not show up on my car screen when connected via bluetooth. any thoughts on if this can be implemented?

thanks and keep up the great work

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
hello

great work thus far!

one request - the song info (artist, song title, etc) do not show up on my car screen when connected via bluetooth. any thoughts on if this can be implemented?

thanks and keep up the great work

It's already on our list. But, It may take some time.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Hi
hopefully this is the right thread since i havent seen any about this but here goes
Songs/videos are being skipped.

You know when the app in playing in the bg and it has the little window in the notification bar with the options to skip to the next song, go back, pause and play? Whenever I hit skip, it goes through nearly all my other songs that are in the shuffle to one of the few songs it plays on loop. Even when I do not hit next, it has maybe 7? 15? songs it plays on repeat although I have hundreds.

It only started a few days ago when I put some new videos on my phone.

The only way I know to get it to stop skipping is when I leave it open on my screen and not as a background app.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but that did nothing.

Hi,

Can you collect a bug report & share with us?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Does MXPlayer have in folder subtitle search? I mean like in desktop PotPlayer or etc.
./Subs or ./Sub in folder with videos. Very useful when you have about 10 series and 10 subs in "subs" folder.

MX Player automatically loads the external subtitle if the matching one is found either in the file directory or the Subtitle Folder mentioned in the settings » subtitles. Generally, it is set to "<Internal Storage>/Subtitles". But, you can change it in the settings.

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
Hey morning :D how about the pop up feature in the future? And it'll be great if we can use speed controller / loop A-B button directly on the main player screen, dont need to go through many settings to turn it on. Thanks!

alexd3d

Oct 16, 2017
+1 to question

Hi

Now that the Dolby codec has been integrated into MX Player is there any workaround to transcode surround AAC into dolby?

I would like to passthrough it to my amp which just decodes dolby and dts.

Many thanks

Pedro

Have the same problem. Kodi can do it but I don't like it's player and most important - it doesn't play video smoothly like MX Player.
So I was wondering if anyone knows the answer on question above?
BTW, Pedro - maybe you have found out some solution?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rudolfoturbo

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hey morning :D how about the pop up feature in the future? And it'll be great if we can use speed controller / loop A-B button directly on the main player screen, dont need to go through many settings to turn it on. Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedbacks. Speed can be directly controlled by the gestures/keyboard shortcuts.
We will consider this when we make some major changes to the player interface.

kyokosan

Sep 24, 2010
hello may I know if there is any upcoming sale for MX player pro? I really love the app and wish to support the dev but $7 is abit too pricy for me to afford. Thanks!

shaleenag

Dec 24, 2013
Whenever I watch a video in mx the video suddenly stops at one frame but the sound continues interrupted but it resumes whenever I fast forward the video a little bit. And at that particular frame the video continues smoothly but this happens at another frame. Please tell me what to do

Oct 22, 2017
playing WhatsApp videos with your default MX Player on Android

Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
in the past WhatsApp videos opened by default in the video player you annoted on Android as the default video player. in my case all videos in my Android phone (an Xperia z ) will open with MX player ...

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
in the past WhatsApp videos opened by default in the video player you annoted on Android as the default video player. in my case all videos in my Android phone (an Xperia z ) will open with MX player ...

We haven't changed anything. It's WhatsApp who has changed the behaviour. They have implemented their own internal video player & stopped using external players for playing videos. We are also helpless in this issue.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Whenever I watch a video in mx the video suddenly stops at one frame but the sound continues interrupted but it resumes whenever I fast forward the video a little bit. And at that particular frame the video continues smoothly but this happens at another frame. Please tell me what to do

If it's happening with HW decoder, then it could be system bug. Can you try HW+ & SW?

shaleenag

Dec 24, 2013
We haven't changed anything. It's WhatsApp who has changed the behaviour. They have implemented their own internal video player & stopped using external players for playing videos. We are also helpless in this issue.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

If it's happening with HW decoder, then it could be system bug. Can you try HW+ & SW?
Its sane with both hw+ and sw

gosubotic

Oct 28, 2017
MX Player Subtitles issue

Hello!
I haven't ever had a better player! Great app, congratulations!
BUT, I have an issue. When I watch movies online through Pop Corn app, MX Player opens it and plays great, but it doesn't show some letters in subtitles. Instead, it shows the question sign (?).
I watch with serbian subtitles, latinic serbian alphabet. Phone Samsung Galaxy S4. Latest MX Player version.
Thank You for Your answers.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
MX Player Subtitles issue

Hello!
I haven't ever had a better player! Great app, congratulations!
BUT, I have an issue. When I watch movies online through Pop Corn app, MX Player opens it and plays great, but it doesn't show some letters in subtitles. Instead, it shows the question sign (?).
I watch with serbian subtitles, latinic serbian alphabet. Phone Samsung Galaxy S4. Latest MX Player version.
Thank You for Your answers.

It may happen when the rendering of the particular font or character is not supported by android.
If it's an SSA subtitle & try "Ignore font specified in SSA subtitles"

Reactions: gosubotic

esestur

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, I am using the last version of Mx player. When I out an USB stick to my phone with OTG, Mx Player plays the movie but does not show the subtitle. When I choose open subtitle under options, it does not see the subtitle file although it is in the same folder and has same name with the movie file. When I copy the subtitle to the phone internal storage, Mx player can show the subtitle when I choose. I am using Samsung Note 5 with Android 7. Can you help me?

gosubotic

Oct 28, 2017
It may happen when the rendering of the particular font or character is not supported by android.
If it's an SSA subtitle & try "Ignore font specified in SSA subtitles"

Thank You.
I tried. Nothing happens. This problem I have only while I watch movies on Popcorn Time app. When I download a movie and subtitles, it plays it great. All fonts are OK.
Although, I THINK that Popcorn Time plays the files through MX Player. Is there a possibility that is not MX, that Popcorn Time has its own player that look much like MX? It doesn't have many options like when I watch a downloaded file.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Thank You.
I tried. Nothing happens. This problem I have only while I watch movies on Popcorn Time app. When I download a movie and subtitles, it plays it great. All fonts are OK.
Although, I THINK that Popcorn Time plays the files through MX Player. Is there a possibility that is not MX, that Popcorn Time has its own player that look much like MX? It doesn't have many options like when I watch a downloaded file.

Probably the front that's used in the subtitle is not fully supported by the Android.

We are not exactly sure about whether it uses MX Player or not? Maybe sharing some screenshots would help us to understand.
MX Player can be easily identified by it's UI & menu items.

Reactions: NURMAHAMMAD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.