[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bautrupp

Jul 24, 2011
Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.

Lozone

Apr 1, 2010
Columbus, OH
Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.

PA Gapps does not install GalleryGoogle.apk to the Nexus7.
So if your ROM has Gallery2.apk then it will not sync picasa.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: TKruzze

TKruzze

Our GApps package will install the Google factory Gallery (aka Photosphere Camera) for all the devices that have a Photosphere camera. Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 (Grouper) does not have a rear camera so you're stuck with the somewhat limited AOSP version from the ROM.

I'm working on a method to make the Photosphere Gallery as a separate addon. If I'm able to do this, I'll add the Grouper Gallery to the package.

I made a Grouper flashable zip for a friend. Once I'm back at my desktop I'll add it to this message and you should be good, at least temporarily.

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet

Reactions: bautrupp

bautrupp

Jul 24, 2011
Our GApps package will install the Google factory Gallery (aka Photosphere Camera) for all the devices that have a Photosphere camera. Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 (Grouper) does not have a rear camera so you're stuck with the somewhat limited AOSP version from the ROM.

I'm working on a method to make the Photosphere Gallery as a separate addon. If I'm able to do this, I'll add the Grouper Gallery to the package.

I made a Grouper flashable zip for a friend. Once I'm back at my desktop I'll add it to this message and you should be good, at least temporarily.
Thank you very much, but i am good since i'm using this.
I only wondered why it is as it is. Of course i would appreciate if i wouldn't have to flash this with every update.

Reactions: el56

TKruzze

Thank you very much, but i am good since i'm using this.
I only wondered why it is as it is. Of course i would appreciate if i wouldn't have to flash this with every update.

I took a quick look at it and it's well done. It does have addon.d support , so you won't need to reflash it with every update.

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet

Reactions: bautrupp

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
Not sure if anyone noticed but after installing PA GApps the punctuations dissapear on the keyboard for long pressing.

bautrupp

Jul 24, 2011
I took a quick look at it and it's well done. It does have addon.d support , so you won't need to reflash it with every update.
Since i format cache and system partition at every rom/gapps update the script doesn't work for me, but it's really not the problem to flash the zip.
I appreciate your work very much and thanks again for looking into it.

me.home

May 5, 2010
It works fine with latest nighties cm 10.2 on my LG - don't need to reflash gapps every day when flashing new nightly rom.

scheirere

Aug 31, 2012
Hey guys, not sure what I'm missing but I can seem to get the file to flash. When I attempt to flash it in twrp, it immediately comes back with a "failed" message. Any suggestions?

sadsac

Hey guys, not sure what I'm missing but I can seem to get the file to flash. When I attempt to flash it in twrp, it immediately comes back with a "failed" message. Any suggestions?

Check the zip isn't corrupt - I.e. that you can open it on your computer or with a file explorer on your device

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: scheirere

scheirere

Aug 31, 2012
OK, got it. Some how the file was getting corrupted when I would download it. Finally got a clean download and it flashed OK. Thanks guys!

cdrom1028

Jul 22, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
plus.google.com
The version we'll be adding will be a 'Mini GApps'. It will have the core Google base and a core group of Google apps - Gmail, G+, and 1 or 2 others. I'm thinking it will also be modular - meaning that there would be a separate addon for the Google and Emoji Keyboards, and a third addon for the Photosphere cameras. That's probably as far as I'd want to take it.

Once we do that, I'll likely add Google Drive and, possibly, the Emoji keyboard to the full-complete GApps. Google Keep is already in our GApps package, but the other apps you mentioned won't ever be included..

Fair enough, Its the best GApps Implementation I have seen yet! This really makes the ROM experience much nicer and more consistent. I think about all the crazy Hex edits and custom scripts I used to have to run to just get my phone stable.

One last question, will you be filling out the 2nd post with the list of apps included soon?

thanks again!

Reactions: TKruzze

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
Been trying this over CM 18 and 19 nightlies, will not boot past the initial

SAMSUNG
Custom

screen.... the ROM on its own boots up fine.

TKruzze

Fair enough, Its the best GApps Implementation I have seen yet! This really makes the ROM experience much nicer and more consistent. I think about all the crazy Hex edits and custom scripts I used to have to run to just get my phone stable.

One last question, will you be filling out the 2nd post with the list of apps included soon?
Thanks for the kind words! As soon as we get our server issues straightened out, I'll complete the 'apps' post. Since I'm planning to make some changes once the server situation is fixed, I decided to do it all at once.

Reactions: occtec

TKruzze

Been trying this over CM 18 and 19 nightlies, will not boot past the initial

SAMSUNG
Custom

screen.... the ROM on its own boots up fine.

I've been using the 08-15 version on CM 10.2 08-17/19/20 with no issues. I'm on a Nexus 4, however.

I'm happy to hear it's at least working for some CM users. There should really be NO compatibility issues with CM. I'll keep my eyes open for any possible issues and, in the meantime, if you hear anything further, please let me know.

Reactions: skidaway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts