Dec 24, 2011
Branched out of this thread .......

Cyanogen Mod for C660
;
;
;
;
@varoon, @angenit ...

Please check and confirm the status of the following findings on your respective devices ...

1. Keyboard characters messed up
- FIXED IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

2. SWAP SUPPORT NOT ON KERNEL, please install swapper 2 and try enabling it on your devices.
- INCORPORATED IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

3. Confirm if HOTSPOT(tethering) feature is missing from your settings.

4. Choose 'external' from 'cyanogen mod settings - application - install location' install a couple of test apps from the market and check if they are installed on the external card.
- UNTESTED (I HAVE DARKTREMORS A2SD SO I CAN'T CONFIRM) !!!!!!!

4a. A2SD SUPPORT ON KERNEL EXPECTED.

5. On screen keyboard not launching when phone rotated sideways.

6. Selected input launguages not toggling when globe key pressed on physical keyboard.

6(a). The keyboard is back in action, however it needs some further tweaks, The virtual keyboard has to be switched off when in the right-side-up position as it is redundant in the presence of the physical keyboard.
Also while in the landscape position the virtual keyboard takes up the entire screen space leaving only 1-2 lines visible for input space, very problematic when trying to drag the cursor guide(which keeps jumping to the beginning of the text field) to the right place in the passage while editing.

Tweaks : The virtual keyboard should not exceed more than 50% of the screen and needs to have better cursor guide control
- BUG IN THE LATEST BUILD !!!!!!!

7. SIM card contents like contacts and SMS'es are not getting populated(viewable) in phone book and messages. The setting for USIM is missing from contacts display setting.
- YET TO BE FIXED !!!!!!!

8. The speaker phone volume while on a call is very low, using the volume button increases the in-call volume and has no effect on the speaker phone volume,
. The sound settings however are maxed out for ringtone, ringer, media and alarm volumes.

9. In the 'battery use' section of settings the % and the progress bars are not matching, the bar stands at zero for all the categories.

10. When you turn off the android keyboard in settings, the settings are forcely closed and when you try to go to "phone state" it closes... after when you reboot the keyboard is turned on again.

11. Video Recording is also not working in the latest build.

12. Since Build 15, the camera is not working, the moment the camera is run the screen starts blinking/flickering rapidly with "ANDROID_" showing on the screen, this state cannot be exited the phone needs to be rebooted to get out of this flicker'y loop.

13. Since after builds 11 and 12 the overall performance of the animations or screen responsiveness has deteriorated with build 15 noticeably laggy or slow.

14. Also the physical keyboard response is choppy i'e, the instant a key is pressed, the letters display a split second later on the screen. So when one is typing a little fast, you see the letters on the screen not keeping up with the speed of key-presses. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHOPPINESS IS ONLY WHEN ONE IS USING THE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD !!! the android onscreen keyboard as a normal steady keypress response)

15. Wifi HotSpot connecting but internet not browsable !!! - since build 34
- TO BE FIXED !!!!!!!

Thnx,

Last edited:

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
1.- Yes, I also have the interchanged keys, the same ones.

2.- Not successful

3.- Now with build 6 I have tethering and hotspot and they work. When I used 5 it wasn't available.

4.- Well I think some of them are in the SD, but Gmail was in internal memory (I moved it with force2sd)

5.- No keyboard when rotating screen.

6.- No changes with language globe or mail and calendar keys.

7.- I couldn't say that because I don't save information in the SimCard, just Google and PC :S

8.- Yes, totally true what you state.

9.- My mistake, bars are in 0! but numbers are working fine.

If you find anymore just tell me.

Last edited:

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks Angenit,

BUT LET US KEEP THE POST SHORTER - please avoid using quotes for the entire posts.

No. 4 - Can you test a few more apps installation to confirm if this is totally fixed in your build ?
No 3 - Wifi Hotspots seems to have been fixed - Can you test it extensively ?
No 9 - seems to have been fixed in your build.

@ Angenit
Can you please test your build as my build is the 5th one.

@ Ricardo - If you are watching this thread !
@ others/anyone
Is there a way we can update to the latest build(daily) without having to replace it each and every time ? This way i hope to retain the apps already installed from build to build and save the trouble of installing 40 odd apps daily.

help is much appreciated !!!

thnx.

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
If you use Rom Manager and don't check nothing but Dalvik wipe (which is checked by default) you will keep your apps. I updated two times and I haven't lost any app.

4.- Yep I receive a warning from appmonster telling me I can move it, but when I go to check if that's true they are moved.

5.- Well I tested it for half an hour and it was successful.

6.- No wait, you're right, the numbers are fine (different values) but the bars are in 0.

Build 6 works fine and has the hotspot and tethering option fixed.

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
Sorry i did not understand...u mean...

'un-check' everything else and keep the dalvik cache 'checked' ?
or
'check' everything else and keep the dalvik cache 'un-checked' ?
thnx.

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
When you choose the build in the SD with Rom Manager you get 3 options. Leave them like the following:

*unchecked* Copy the Rom in use
*unchecked* Erase Data & Cache
*checked* Wipe Dalvik Cache

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Hey! I've found another bug:

When you turn off the android keyboard in settings, the settings are forcely closed and when you try to go to "phone state" it closes... after when you reboot the keyboard is turned on again.

Skype was installed in the internal memory

Last edited:

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
Well, in the build 7 symbols are fixed!

Videocamera not working yet.
Keyboard error keeps happening.

varoon88

May 25, 2011
Great Idea for the thread.

Well on build 5 I am facing these issues :

Symbols messed up
Speaker Volume very low
Sync problem when Whatsapp and Facebook are both syncing.
Latest Youtube App, User Interface messed up.
In log: Call button not visible, only Green(outgoing) and Blue (Incoming) Arrows Visible.

I will keep on updating. Whoever is trying latest versions. please keep us all posted on the Solved Issues

Thanks

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011

Thanks

thanks, thats the least we could do ;)
Varoon, please upgrade to build 7 a few of the issues have been fixed.
Follow Angenit's post(below) on how to upgrade so as to not lose any apps already installed in your current build. I followed the same and successfully upgraded to build 7.

When you choose the build in the SD with Rom Manager you get 3 options. Leave them like the following:

-----------------------------------------------

THE FOLLOWING NEEDS ATTENTION

2. SWAP SUPPORT NOT ON KERNEL, please install swapper 2 and try enabling it on your devices.
- NOT YET INCORPORATED !!!!!!!

4. Choose 'external' from 'cyanogen mod settings - application - install location' install a couple of test apps from the market and check if they are installed on the external card. A2SD SUPPORT ON KERNEL EXPECTED.

6(a). The keyboard is back in action, however it needs some further tweaks, The virtual keyboard has to be switched off when in the right-side-up position as it is redundant in the presence of the physical keyboard.
Also while in the landscape position the virtual keyboard takes up the entire screen space leaving only 1-2 lines visible for input space, very problematic when trying to drag the cursor guide(which keeps jumping to the beginning of the text field) to the right place in the passage while editing.

Tweaks : The virtual keyboard should not exceed more than 50% of the screen and needs to have better cursor guide control

7. SIM card contents like contacts and SMS'es are not getting populated(viewable) in phone book and messages. The setting for USIM is missing from contacts display setting.

8. The speaker phone volume while on a call is very low, using the volume button increases the in-call volume and has no effect on the speaker phone volume,
. The sound settings however are maxed out for ringtone, ringer, media and alarm volumes.

9. In the 'battery use' section of settings the % and the progress bars are not matching, the bar stands at zero for all the categories.

10. When you turn off the android keyboard in settings, the settings are forcely closed and when you try to go to "phone state" it closes... after when you reboot the keyboard is turned on again.

- THANK YOU RICARDO !!!

--------------------------------------

.......please keep us all posted on the Solved Issues

Thanks

I will try and collate all the bugs/break reported on this thread and consolidate(& keep it updated) into the first post, that way people landing on the first page will have all the bugs/breaks listed.

Also I'll post the 'Yet to be fixed' list posted at the tail of the thread from time to time.

People landing here can directly click on the link below to access the 1st post of this thread.

Click here : FOR THE CONSOLIDATED LIST OF BUGS/BREAKS

Last edited:
Reactions: vivek.

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
Build 8:

Videocamera FIXED, nothing more that I can see

Can't run Swapper 2 but "Swapper for Root Users" works

Last edited:

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
Build 8:

Videocamera FIXED, nothing more that I can see

Can't run Swapper 2 but "Swapper for Root Users" works

Yup! Video is ON, I just updated to build 8 and nooticed that !

About swapper for root - Please type the following command in the terminal and post the output here

$ free

Thnx.

-------Sent from my LG-Optimus Pro - C660 (on CM7) using XDA App-------

vivek.

Dec 1, 2011
I am using build 7. Maximum bugs have been removed. Excephelp.t video recording . I am trying rest from the list and other bugs. thanx for your

anak1n

Jun 1, 2009
I installed build7 few days ago and the problems are:
-messed up keyboard,since i installed build6 (z=y,y=z,?=/,!=?)
-buttons for email and calendar
-force close/wait error when try to de-select android`s on-screen keyboard
-video camera
-doesnt set wallpapers alwalys,you must choose picture twice to put it,once the phone rebooted after choosing pic..
-often cant download anything from market,must reboot phone to dl (i tried over wifi and 3g)
-some apps for camera (time lapse apps mostly) dont work,maybe it has something with the camcorder bug

Keep updating.
Sorry on my bad english :)
Hello from Serbia :cool:

Oh,build8 already..let d`l it :)

Last edited:

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
Well I've installed build 9, and there's no fixing of any of the mentioned bugs... It's just like 8.

I'm particularly interested in swap and the keyboard! I don't like it shows it when have to type because the reason why I got this device was the physical keyboard.

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
I wonder if the developers are even peeping on this thread, if yes !!! Please drop in a word saying so ... we know that u folks will be extremely tight ... not asking for anything more than a 'word' ... and we can't thank enough for what u guys pull-off !!!

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
;
;
;
I'm particularly interested in swap and the keyboard! I don't like it shows it when have to type because the reason why I got this device was the physical keyboard.

Same here :)

On the keyboard issue, why don't you uncheck the android keyboard in the settings (you'll however get some errors - force closea) and you are good to go san the annoying keyboard.

Until the break and bug is fixed

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
New bug/break testing on build 9.......
others confirm if its pan your devices
as well before i add it to the main post.

When the Android Keyboard was unchecked
as reported earlier the settings need to be force-closed
a couple of times.

After disabling it i discovered the following...

When 'Compose New message(SMS) is opened, the physical keyboard does not
work on it. I need to re-enable the Android Keyboard in the settings to be able
to type into the Phone messaging(SMS) then the physical keyboard works on it.

waiting for confirmation across all modded devices.

cheers.

anak1n

Jun 1, 2009
I have same problem as Aiamuzz described,there`s no way to type after disabling android kb.
Does anyone have a problem with sending mms?I was sending mms earlier,with this build (9) i cant,everything with settings for network operator is ok.
PS:I still have a problem with characters,can it be because i flashed phone with other version of fw,V10H_00?
Offtopic:where can i dl latest fw for Eastern Europe,in kdz format?
(I have V10H_00 and V10D_00)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Branched out of this thread .......

Cyanogen Mod for C660
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    @varoon, @angenit ...

Please check and confirm the status of the following findings on your respective devices ...

1. Keyboard characters messed up

3. Confirm if HOTSPOT(tethering) feature is missing from your settings.

4. Choose 'external' from 'cyanogen mod settings - application - install location' install a couple of test apps from the market and check if they are installed on the external card.
    - UNTESTED (I HAVE DARKTREMORS A2SD SO I CAN'T CONFIRM) !!!!!!!

4a. A2SD SUPPORT ON KERNEL EXPECTED.

5. On screen keyboard not launching when phone rotated sideways.

6. Selected input launguages not toggling when globe key pressed on physical keyboard.

12. Since Build 15, the camera is not working, the moment the camera is run the screen starts blinking/flickering rapidly with "ANDROID_" showing on the screen, this state cannot be exited the phone needs to be rebooted to get out of this flicker'y loop.

13. Since after builds 11 and 12 the overall performance of the animations or screen responsiveness has deteriorated with build 15 noticeably laggy or slow.

14. Also the physical keyboard response is choppy i'e, the instant a key is pressed, the letters display a split second later on the screen. So when one is typing a little fast, you see the letters on the screen not keeping up with the speed of key-presses. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHOPPINESS IS ONLY WHEN ONE IS USING THE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD !!! the android onscreen keyboard as a normal steady keypress response)

15. Wifi HotSpot connecting but internet not browsable !!! - since build 34
    - TO BE FIXED !!!!!!!

Thnx,

Thanks

thanks, thats the least we could do ;)
    Varoon, please upgrade to build 7 a few of the issues have been fixed.
    Follow Angenit's post(below) on how to upgrade so as to not lose any apps already installed in your current build. I followed the same and successfully upgraded to build 7.

-----------------------------------------------

THE FOLLOWING NEEDS ATTENTION

4. Choose 'external' from 'cyanogen mod settings - application - install location' install a couple of test apps from the market and check if they are installed on the external card. A2SD SUPPORT ON KERNEL EXPECTED.

- THANK YOU RICARDO !!!

--------------------------------------

.......please keep us all posted on the Solved Issues

Thanks

I will try and collate all the bugs/break reported on this thread and consolidate(& keep it updated) into the first post, that way people landing on the first page will have all the bugs/breaks listed.

Also I'll post the 'Yet to be fixed' list posted at the tail of the thread from time to time.

People landing here can directly click on the link below to access the 1st post of this thread.

Click here : FOR THE CONSOLIDATED LIST OF BUGS/BREAKS
    aiamuzz, on 21 January 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:
    QUESTION :

Hello Ciwrl,

You are a moderator, so I presume you'll be able to answer my question on 'Nightly Builds'

1. How are nightly builds baked on a daily basis ?

2. The rational behind not submitting bugs found on nightly builds ? Isn't it good to report bugs while a project is in its beta(in this case nightly) stage. Won't that assist the devs to bring out a highly stable Alpha build ?

thnx,

-------Sent from my LG-Optimus Pro - C660 (on CM7 - nightly build xx )-------

REPLY :

ciwrl, on 23 January 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:
    1) The nightly builds are created by a series of buildservers that we have; these are automated builds that 'make clobber' then build for each device. No dev involvement, beyond checking in code to the mainline tree.

2) The rational exists in 3 fold:
    a ) The builds are merely a 'does it build' test for daily code, they were never meant for daily usage
    b ) Any user found bugs in a nightly could very well already be fixed prior to the next nightly; this would just increase signal-to-noise ratio on the bug tracker
    c ) Though these builds are automated, and discouraged from daily usage, people still use them. Therefore, to alleve 'b )' and still make these builds a use to end users, the bug tracker only takes bugs for Official stable and release cadidate builds. The experimentation of the nightlies is up to the end user who chooses to flash them. To facilitate some discussion on them, and provide minimal user to user support, the nightly threads are created to combine feedback and provide a place of discussion for those who chose to flash them.

As for Alpha's and bringing them up faster, 99% of the time, any bug found in a nightly is already known to the device maintainer; in addition, the 1% left out is caught during the release candidate phase.

WELL !!!
    I GUESS A LOT OF QUESTIONS OF WHY THE BUGS / BREAKS CONTINUE FROM BUILD TO BUILD STAND ANSWERED AFTER THE ABOVE CLARIFICATION !!!

Guys I think we will defer our testing to "RELEASE CANDIDATE BUILD" !!!

UNTIL THEN LET'S JUST DIVE INTO THE DAILY 'N-BUILDS' JUST TO LEARN AND EXPERIMENT THE VARIOUS FEATURES THE CM OFFERS !!!