other phones with 3g+cdma support?

Search This thread

i_rnb

Dec 9, 2010
Paris, France
recently i learnt this phone & htc incredible 2 can use cdma sims with d help of a chinese rom.

now i liked to know , if there any other phone with this same easter-egg. :)

thanx in adv.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2

linuxgator

Sep 5, 2011
Moto X4
Samsung Galaxy A50
It isn't really an easter-egg, it is more of a hack to get them to work. The CDMA part doesn't rely on a SIM at all, however the GSM part does. In the US, the GSM bands are locked out for other US carriers, so the Chinese ROM is used to unlock those bands. Outside of the US, this hack should not be necessary assuming that you got the phone SIM unlocked. As far as other phones, I know that the Droid 2 Global also features both GSM and CDMA circuitry, though I don't know if there's a hack for that one with a Chinese ROM. There likely are other models out there that are capable of both CDMA and GSM, but I don't know any off hand.

Reactions: i_rnb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It isn't really an easter-egg, it is more of a hack to get them to work. The CDMA part doesn't rely on a SIM at all, however the GSM part does. In the US, the GSM bands are locked out for other US carriers, so the Chinese ROM is used to unlock those bands. Outside of the US, this hack should not be necessary assuming that you got the phone SIM unlocked. As far as other phones, I know that the Droid 2 Global also features both GSM and CDMA circuitry, though I don't know if there's a hack for that one with a Chinese ROM. There likely are other models out there that are capable of both CDMA and GSM, but I don't know any off hand.