[ROM][081112]Unofficial AOKP for Desire S [BETA/PREALPHA][4.0.4/4.1.2][Milestone 6/1]

Search This thread

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
Sry, i don't really understand what you mean.
I rechecked it and at aokp are the same translations included like on cyanogen (at least what is included at the cyanogen repository).

Yes I thought that I did not explained correctly, but was posting with Tapatalk and I am bit cheap of typing there :) It is not the translation but the dialer tab itself - showing the system (local) alphabet and English. I was looking for this (native support not another app) since I bought my phone and was greatly surprised to find it on CM9. A screenshot will present much better than words I think :)

View attachment 1028805

If it is present on your ROM I will switch immediately and will use the SigPic :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Tectas

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
go for it oly, its a great rom, best ICS one out there IMO

This ROM + Apex Launcher + Windows Phone 7 Multitasking + Custom Bootanimation = Pure Awesomeness. Don't wait, get it now. It's as stable and fast as CM9, with tons of AOKP add ons :D

Thx, for your support, it means a lot to me that you enjoy it :)

Thanks for a great ROM.
Had to do a full wipe then everything worked.

Is the Music app not included?

Glad it's working now :)
No it isn't, but i will update the gapps and include play music there, meanwhile pls download it from market.

Gesendet von meinem Desire S mit Tapatalk 2

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Yes I thought that I did not explained correctly, but was posting with Tapatalk and I am bit cheap of typing there :) It is not the translation but the dialer tab itself - showing the system (local) alphabet and English. I was looking for this since I got the phone (native support not another app) since I bought my phone and was greatly surprised to find it on CM9. A screenshot will present much better than words I think :)

View attachment 1028805

If it is present on your ROM I will switch immediately and will use the SigPic :D

Ok, will check it :)

Reactions: amidabuddha

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Great ROM Tectas! I'm experiencing an issue, not sure it its a bug.

Look at my status bar, the wifi & airplane icon is tiny! Wasn't small when I first set up the ROM, but not it is. Also rebooted and still appears to be the same!

Ah, stupid file won't upload, but anyone with the same issue?

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Great ROM Tectas! I'm experiencing an issue, not sure it its a bug.

Look at my status bar, the wifi & airplane icon is tiny! Wasn't small when I first set up the ROM, but not it is. Also rebooted and still appears to be the same!

Ah, stupid file won't upload, but anyone with the same issue?

Hmmm, i don't face this, here the icons are the same size as before, also there has nothing changed since the previous version, weird.
Ooh could you pls check at romcontrol -> general -> statusbar text size if they change when you choose another value (it doesn't do for me, but maybe it's related to your problem.

Mr. Death

Sep 12, 2007
Brno
Could you add switch to disable unlock vibrating? It'll be great. :)

So far no problems I can even buy apps on Market, it haven't worked.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hmmm, i don't face this, here the icons are the same size as before, also there has nothing changed since the previous version, weird.
Ooh could you pls check at romcontrol -> general -> statusbar text size if they change when you choose another value (it doesn't do for me, but maybe it's related to your problem.

Thanks! I didn't change any font stuff in the settings. I'm back on Reaper now, here is the screenshot

5ac5a1a7-cb72-50ed.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

faddys123

May 8, 2010
Just asking, am not bothered but why don't you include the gapps in the rom?

faddys123

May 8, 2010
Thanks, would you recommend me switching from ice cold sandwich to this?

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Even though it worked initially gallery, stopped displaying all the directories after a while...

Edit
Although is now working once again, so intermittent

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

Last edited:

goatimus

Jun 17, 2011
Great rom fast and stable so far I haven't had a single problem yet. Was using miui v4 for about an hour this morning and it rebooted 4 times, no such problem with this rom though. Great work

eckbauer

Nov 11, 2011
Bavarian Alps
I cant seem to get the Weather in ROM Control to work,ive set everything up but it doest show up in notification bar.
Can someone help:eek:

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Even though it worked initially gallery, stopped displaying all the directories after a while...

Edit
Although is now working once again, so intermittent

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

Will also check this, but I must confess that I don't think I can fix this, it's a known Cm/Aokp issue, but anyway, let's see what I can do :)

I cant seem to get the Weather in ROM Control to work,ive set everything up but it doest show up in notification bar.
Can someone help:eek:

Romcontrol -> weather -> weather style at notifications (at the bottom)

eckbauer

Nov 11, 2011
Bavarian Alps
Will also check this, but I must confess that I don't think I can fix this, it's a known Cm/Aokp issue, but anyway, let's see what I can do :)

Romcontrol -> weather -> weather style at notifications (at the bottom)

Ive only got three to choose from -Above carrier text-Weather panel-Disable no at the bottom setting.
After toggling between setting the weather showed up,problem solved.
Thanks again:).

Daum Ex

Jan 24, 2009
Belgrade
So far so good, flashed it 10 minutes ago. One thing worrying me is the heat, the phone has heated up pretty much since i flashed it, i'll report later if it's back to normal, maybe it heated up from the flashing.

Whole upper part of the phone is hot...

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Ive only got three to choose from -Above carrier text-Weather panel-Disable no at the bottom setting.
After toggling between setting the weather showed up,problem solved.
Thanks again:).

I meant the weather style switch is at the bottom of the weather menu ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, sry for the late reply.
    It's not abandoned, at least not the whole project, but I'm stuck at the ics build. It seems like the incorporated switches within the framework aren't compatible with the kernel 3, which means i would have to readd the fitting from scratch and sry, I'm no superkid.

I guess i will let ics be and go on with jb, sry guys, i would have loved to provide a stable aosp ics build where the kernel 3 could have been used within other ics roms as well, but it seems it wouldn't have been possible anyway, sry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Sry guys, a bit more to be done than I thought, still got some problems art the device config, but it won't take long anymore.

Yes it's meant to fix issues.

Ok guys, new build is coming up today night or tomorrow morning.

I will introduce the cold-breath kernel with it:
    Features:
    • based on the chinese kernel 3 source
    • updated to 3.0.30 (shameless kang from amidabuddha :p ^^)
    • conservative and powersave enabled
    • smartassv2 and savagedzen added (smartassv2 default)
    • custom frequency steps
    • sio and bfq scheduler added (sio default)
    • voltage control (but need to check if it's really working)
    • linaro build with o3 optimizations
    • additional minor stuff
    cam is fixed, is my gift for great rom :p
    (camera, camcorder, front cam and panorama works)

look at attachament, just go to recovery and install it
    Ok guys, sry that it took that long, but I will upload milestone 1 today evening for the testers, unfortunately I couldn't get the saga source to work, using andromadus now (all credits to superkid and team andromadus for their awesome work).
    This will be the initial jb release so bugs are expected and typical aokp sugar (at kernel) isn't added yet, anyway I hope you will like it :)