[KERNEL] *Matr1x* v14.5 | Lollipop - 5.0/5.0.1

Search This thread

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
Got it flashed. Very smooth. According to system tuner only 2 cores are being used though.

I'm running a super top secret test rom and I was getting flickering unlocking the screen. It's gone after flashing this.

:eek::D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Me loves top secret test Roms lol ;) what's up buddy! And op nice kernel smooth

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
Damn, I remember when mathkid made his first kernel thread, back in the Nexus S forum. Good to see you here!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Naimand

May 2, 2009
Garland
This kernel was on my stock build all night. I left my phone unplugged all night just to see what the battery life would be like.

And I have to say I am very impressed with using my phone nonstop all morning and my battery still at 88%.

Imppy

Sep 29, 2009
Welcome to nexus 4 forum... Your nexus s Kernal was amazing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

basshamster

Nov 24, 2010
Berlin
Flashed without problems! THX Dude. Could u provide something like a reset kernel to have the possibility to go back to stock? Thx in advance!

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Chill out - its an insider joke.

And he is a spammer.

:p

Yea he is.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Flashed without problems! THX Dude. Could u provide something like a reset kernel to have the possibility to go back to stock? Thx in advance!

Nexus tip #1: Go grab the factory images, you'll always have stock everything. Having those will probably save you many headaches down the road.

Reactions: basshamster

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
I remember when you were posting in the Nexus S forums that you wanted to get into kernel development. You've come a long way mathkid! Good to see you in the N4 forum.

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yea he is.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Nexus tip #1: Go grab the factory images, you'll always have stock everything. Having those will probably save you many headaches down the road.

What's up Mikey! :)
Glad to see ya here as well boss.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mikeyinid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

This is the Lollipop version of the Matr1x kernel and it works on 5.0/5.0.1.

Features:

Code:
    - Based on Linux kernel version 3.4.0

- Built with GCC 4.8 from Google

- Voltage Control Interface (by faux123)

- Gamma Control Interface (by faux123) with PA tweaked colors and bundi22 iPhone 5 color preset

- FauxSound (by faux123)

- Speaker amp control (by faux123)

- Simple GPU governor (by faux123)

- Dynamic fsync Control (by faux123)

- Accuracy Filter Control (by stratosk)

- GPU OC to 487.5 Mhz

- UV by 75mV for all frequencies and cores

- SIO, ROW, and FIOPS I/O Schedulers

- Wheatley governor (by Ezekeel)

- Thermald and mpdecision removed

- 192 Mhz frequency for better battery when idle

- Fast Charge (thanks to franciscofranco)

- BLX (Originally by Ezekeel and ported to Nexus 4 by me)

- Double tap to wake and touch wake support (by stratosk)

- ARM hotplug driver (by _thalamus) with min_online_cpus value (by me) and max_online_cpus value (thanks to _motley)

- MultiROM support (by Tasssadar)

- USB OTG "usb-host" mode support (by ziddey)

- MSM Sleeper Mod (Max screen off frequency) (by flar2)

- Various performance tweaks

Changelog:

v1.0 Initial release: stock 3.4.0 kernel with added deadline I/O scheduler tweak.

v1.5 Added overclocking capabilities to 1.728 Ghz.

v2.0 Removed OC capabilities, added GPU OC to 450 Mhz, 100mV UV across the board, ARM CPU Topology (which improves the efficiency of multi core devices), and various performance tweaks.

v2.5 Added SIO I/O Scheduler, touch screen improvement tweaks (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027476 and extra tweak by faux123), UV'ed all cores and frequencies by an extra 50mV for a -150mV overall, and switched to the AnyKernel template. (thanks _motley!)

v3.0 Reverted the extra 50mV of UV that caused instability and added faux123's voltage control interface for manual voltage adjustments.

v3.5 Added the reduced msm_hsic_host wakelock tweak, ROW I/O Scheduler, removed thermald to allow kernel to manage the heat using its own drivers, some ondemand governor tweaks, tweaked ARM CPU topology, and lowered the minimum voltage for voltage control interface (test your phone's limits).

v4.0 Reduced the minimum voltage for voltage control interface even more (test your phone's limits), added the CPU Voltage table for "faster" binned chips (still -100mV UV), added Fast Charge, added a 288 Mhz CPU step for better battery when idle, and added the BLX mod (see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257497).

v4.5 Added the proper reduced msm_hsic_host wakelock tweak, fixed the "faster" CPU table (users who have "faster" chips should have no trouble now), added showp1984's Sweep2Wake, and partially reverted a display tweak from Google (this should provide a bit better display color than stock).

v5.0 Added Sweep2Wake gestures by faux123 with the touch events patch (no more frozen touch screens), switched to the GCC 4.7 compiler from Google, removed mpdecision and added _thalamus hotplug driver, and added the min_online_cpus module capability for the hotplug driver.

v5.5 Removed the 450 Mhz GPU OC and bumped it up to 487.5 Mhz, added thermal tweaks (to manage phone temperature) by franciscofranco, updated the interactive governor and ROW I/O scheduler to the latest version, and tweaked the auto hotplug driver for better battery life.

v6.0 Fixed the msm_hsic_host wakelock once and for all (You may still see it but it shouldn't be running that much), added PGM support (thanks to bponury), and added faux123's gamma control interface.

v6.5 Tweaked auto_hotplug to try to further improve battery life, removed Sweep2Wake (attempt to solve any touchscreen freezing issues), updated ROW I/O Scheduler, removed some CPU frequency steps (only kept the useful steps), added the FIOPS I/O Scheduler, and added the PA tweaked display colors.

v7.0 Merged the Android 4.2.2 kernel code, added the final PA colors from molesarecoming, added _motley's generic color control interface to allow easier scripting, and _motley's tweak to allow color changes to be "refreshed" automatically.

v7.5 Fixed the PGM touch control issue, added faux123's speaker amp control mod, added franciscofranco's accuracy filter control mod, updated the ROW I/O scheduler to the latest version, and added several ondemand governor update patches.

v8.0 Added fix for sporadic WiFi drops, added faux123's FauxSound mod, removed sweep2wake completely (attempt to fix power button issue), and added data drop fix (by faux123).

v8.5 Added the max_online_cpus mod by _motley (You can make your device single core, dual core, etc.), added a 192 Mhz CPU step (This should help with battery), and added the Wheatley governor by Ezekeel (#23 on http://www.alliance-rom.com/community/wiki/governors-explained/).

v9.0 Added USB OTG by ziddey, updated the FauxSound to v2.1, added the idle drain patches, updated the ROW I/O Scheduler to the latest version, added Touch Wake by stratosk, and got rid of the touch_boost errors in the logcat.

v9.5 Removed Touch Wake by stratosk and brought back Touch Control by bponury, removed USB OTG, and added MIUI support.

v10.0 Fixed the screen on lag, added some performance patches, added faux123's Simple GPU governor, and fixed the bluetooth issues some users were having.

v10.5 Added support for Android 4.3 (JSS15J).

v11.0 Switched to the Anykernel zip template, updated Fauxsound to the latest driver, added faux123's dynamic sync control mod, and added support for bponury's touch control.

v11.5 Added support for Android 4.4.

v12.0 Merged mako 4.4.1 kernel source, added s2w fixes from showp1984, and added the FIOPS I/O scheduler.

v12.5 Added Tasssadar's kexec patch (for multirom), added ziddey's USB OTG (http://m.androidcentral.com/android-advanced-usb-otg-nexus-4), put in bundi22's iPhone 5 color preset by default, and updated Fauxsound to the latest driver.

v13.0 Fixed the bundi22 iPhone 5 colors to match the real preset, added flar2's MSM sleeper mod (max screen off frequency), updated the Interactive governor to the latest version, and updated the ROW I/O scheduler to the latest version.

v13.5 Reverted the Interactive governor updates due to issues (back to v12.5 Interactive governor), added mrg666's Linux 3.6.11 workqueue backport patches in order to improve hotplug efficiency, and added CyanogenMod based ROM support (CAF).

v14.0 Added support for Android 4.4.3, raised voltages across the board by 25mV (this will help those with slower CPU bins), and added stratosk's double tap to wake and touch wake mods.

v14.5 Added support for Android Lollipop and updated the FauxSound driver.

Link to Lollipop version:

http://matr1xkernels.com/

Link to source: https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_lg_lollipop
    What's up guys... this is the first release of the Matr1x kernel for N4. I am starting off real simple (I set deadline as the default I/O scheduler and tweaked some values)

There is much more to come!

Also, I will start posting the kernels at www.matr1xkernels.com soon... for now please use the mediafire link. You can flash this in recovery.
    Alright, 4.3 kernel out! Enjoy!
    Kernel update! Matr1x now supports 4.4.3 ROMS!

Some things to note:

1. Voltages have been raised by 25mV to account for freezing issues. Remember, ymmv.

2. I prefer stratosk's d2tw/touch wake implementation, so I've switched to that.

I know some of you f2fs users are going to start posting about that, so let me address that too. Before
    adding that to the kernel, I need to thoroughly test it and see whether it has a major benefit. So far,
    I'm not seeing much benefit to it but I will keep testing. Please do not post about that, thanks!

Hopefully you guys enjoy this one. Happy flashing!
    Hey guys,

Like chappy824 said, we are currently testing v11.0.

I've decided to make some changes to how I'm going to put out the kernel zips.

From now on, there won't be AOSP and CM versions anymore, as I am going to
    adopt the AnyKernel method for kernel zips. Now there will be just two zips:
    non-GPUOC and GPUOC.

Hopefully this clears much of the confusion on which zip to flash.

Thanks!