Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Search This thread

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
I guess I'd have to compare to the original side by side to be sure. I'd probably buy the original once it's released in Indonesia, which would not be for some time, I'm sure.

If someone who has an original and a taobao replica could make a video review, it would be super!

Eh, but might as well enjoy my good looking replica bumper for the time being than continue to worry about authenticity. Cheers bro!

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with AOKP and Franco.kernel

:D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
All right guys, let's hear what the seller has to say about the loose-fitting of the replica bumpers. This applies to those bought from me and DowntownJeffBrown, and not Dx-box/shenit/other companies.

Unfortunately I can't embed youku videos (or maybe I just don't know how to), so you'd have to click it. It doesn't have English subtitles, so here's a quick translation by me. If you have time, do watch the short video. It demonstrates the form-fittingness of all 3 bumpers.

http://player.youku.com/player.php/partnerid/XMTI=/sid/XNTA2NDg4NDg4/v.swf
Note: There's an advertisement for 10 seconds, just let it run.

Hi everyone, lately people have been complaining, and even demanding for refunds, that my replica bumpers are loose fitting. I didn't have time to do a comparison, but I'm doing it today. There are 3 bumpers, of which the two on the left are mine and the right-most is the original.

The original has a small LG brand on the top of the bumper - it is quite hard to find but it is there.

<lame jokes not translated>

The original has two layers which are not stuck together. The outer layer also protrudes, even when I press it doesn't go in.

*proceeds to fit on the original bumper*

<At 1.57> Even the original appears loose, it has to be this way for some expansion leeway. Compared to iphone 4 and iphone 5, those bumpers are very tight. However the N4 original is like this, perhaps because of the shape of the phone. I've already done one round of adjustment to make it as close as possible.

*proceeds to fit on the replica bumper*

Take a look at the metallic portion, it is actually TPU with paint. It doesn't protrude. The problem is you guys don't see and touch the original bumper; you guys have a high expectation of replicas but paradoxically have a low expectation of originals.

Maybe it is just too scarce and nobody could compare.

*proceeds to fit on the second replica bumper*

See, it is definitely not looser than the original. In fact, the form fittingness is better than the original. You can see reviews from those who bought both versions and see what they say.

<At 3.36> Some people complain the the front of the phone is protruding. Why doesn't the bumper cover more? Look at the original, it is this way! I said I would create a replica as close to the original; I've already done a better job than the original.

I don't understand why you guys are complaining, I've done my best and I think I've not done a bad job, perhaps even better than the original.

That's all, thanks guys.

Last edited:

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012

All right guys, let's hear what the seller has to say about the loose-fitting of the replica bumpers. This applies to those bought from me and DowntownJeffBrown, and not Dx-box/shenit/other companies.

Unfortunately I can't embed it (or maybe I just don't know how to), so you'd have to click it. It doesn't have English subtitles, so here's a quick rundown:

I can support this view. My original LG bumper fits the same as my replicas. In fact I like the fit and feel of my white replica better. My original over time got "broke in" and now fits perfect. I expect my replica to do the same and over time. Everyone has their own opinion on things like this but not everyone has both the original and replica to compare.

Reactions: mariotme

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
i have both the original and the taobao replica, the replica fits freakin great. even better like the video demonstrates. not trying to just take innum's side, but my original LG bumper patrudes on the bottom where it goes around the charging port and the replica does not. it's fine everyone. trust me

and i can't wait to get my white one from jeff, damn that pic made it look awesome. all my friends have the black/silver so i can't wait til mine looks different lol

Last edited:

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
I wonder how these compare to the real bumper.

Read the past 3 pages

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

i have both the original and the taobao replica, the replica fits freakin great. even better like the video demonstrates. not trying to just take innum's side, but my original LG bumper patrudes on the bottom where it goes around the charging port and the replica does not. it's fine everyone. trust me

and i can't wait to get my white one from jeff, damn that pic made it look awesome. all my friends have the black/silver so i can't wait til mine looks different lol

:D:D:D:D

Duuuude

May 6, 2008
I got a fake bumper from DX Box. They couldn't prove that it was the original and just send me a link with ~25 "good" reviews. Yesterday I started a dispute over PayPal and asked for half my money back (9,80€ = about 13$) because the replica wasn't really bad and I would like to keep it as an replacement for my play store bumper.

Today I got the mail from PayPal that DX Box has accepted this offer. :D
So they amitted indirectly that their "100% original bumper" isn't so original as they advertise.

The end of the story is that I got a really-close-to-the-original bumper for around 10€. :)

Thanks for the advice! I asked for a $15 refund (paid $26) via a PayPal dispute, citing that the product was a fake and claimed as real. The fake silver coloring on my bumper looks like it is coming off after a week as well.

The next day, they refunded me the $15. :highfive:

Reactions: Qin-Root

Unfortunately I can't embed youku videos (or maybe I just don't know how to), so you'd have to click it. It doesn't have English subtitles, so here's a quick translation by me. If you have time, do watch the short video. It demonstrates the form-fittingness of all 3 bumpers.

Could you translate that "lame joke" for me, please? :D

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
Could you translate that "lame joke" for me, please? :D

Some people mocked that I speak like Huang Bo 黄渤 (a China actor, Golden Horse award winner) and I sing in the style of Xin Tian You 信天游*.

* I'm not too sure whether he said 信天游, but if he did, it is a kind of Shanxi local melody/folksong popular in China's Northwest. It is known for its "old-fashioned" way of singing and high pitch notes; for the younger generation, it is not a positive thing to be compared to.

You can watch it here:

Reactions: elzafir

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
OK guys who bought from me I'm on my way to go ship them.

If anyone else is interested I still have 1 white and 2 Black due to cancelations. If u are interested pm me I'll ship within 24 hours of payment

White/Grey $22 shipped
Black/Grey $16 shipped

Your the man! :D
Waiting patiently

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

erikwervo

Sep 27, 2008
Jakarta
I guess I'd have to compare to the original side by side to be sure. I'd probably buy the original once it's released in Indonesia, which would not be for some time, I'm sure.

If someone who has an original and a taobao replica could make a video review, it would be super!

Eh, but might as well enjoy my good looking replica bumper for the time being than continue to worry about authenticity. Cheers bro!

where are you at in Jakarta mate? i've got the original from playstore. we could compare them side by side if you nearby my place :)

radmor11

Feb 26, 2011
I recieved full refund from PayPal for my dx box order. I haven't recieved my bumper till now, maybe it will never come but I don't care anymore. I'm waiting for official one from Play Store :)

where are you at in Jakarta mate? i've got the original from playstore. we could compare them side by side if you nearby my place :)

I'm live in Pasar Minggu, but work in Sudirman. Lets meet up if the time allows.

Just curious, how did you buy from the Play Store? Forwarder or a through a friend? I tried buying from the Play Store and i managed to pass their regional block, but they only accept credit cards with US address.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as promised, here are some comparison photos of the real deal and the qspades over seas replicas. these may be the same replicas floating all over town, but results may vary.

from the side they look almost identical. only thing i was able to tell from looking myself, was that the original bumper had buttons that seemed better mounted, the copy had the buttons sunk inside until it was put on a phone
    IMG_20130204_220022_zps618bd885.jpg

IMG_20130204_220017_zps8852a5af.jpg

from the top, you can see that the copy has a more "square" microphone hole while the original has a more "rounded" edge mic hole. original on bottom
    IMG_20130204_220038_zpsc0ff177a.jpg

on the inside, the buttons on the original are pure black while the copy has painted silver on it
    IMG_20130204_220144_zpsde58de15.jpg

the bottom was the most noticable. the original is way more refined and perfected.
    IMG_20130204_220001_zps88417bce.jpg

all in all, the replicas are great cases if you get them at a good price. i paid 20 shipped for mine which isn't bad but if you can get it for less it's worth it imo.
    White LG replica Bumper

More pics of my shenit bumper:
    (before I get called a noob, I will remove the rear plastic cover as soon as my dbrand skin arrives!)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
    Hi guys,

Thanks to your support, I have now sold all the Nexus 4 Replica bumpers that I ordered and have none left.

I hope that the shipping goes smoothly for everyone, and you receive them soon. :)