[MOD][Magisk][Universal] A simple init.d enabler v2.2 (system-less)

Search This thread

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
HY2x59q.png

Introduction
I noticed that old init.d enabling methodes aren't working anymore with latest firmwares on the Xperia Z5
I tried many of available traditional methodes (that relies on init.qcom.post_boot.sh, install-recovery.sh ... I believe they stopped working because a lot of them used SuperSU ), also tried many magisk init.d emulators but none of them worked as well. My mod uses simpler and modern method I thought I'd share it with you to help those who still have troubles activating init.d especially newbies

What is init.d ?
Init.d plays an important role in the world of Android development and customization It allows users to install scripts and mods to be run at boot—everything from battery tweaks to performance tweaks..

Compability
Code:
- Any device
- Tested with Magisk v14 but should work on all V12+

Bugs
Code:
- You tell me

Downloads
Second post

Credits
@topjohnwu for making this possible
RXSMB Team

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.2
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-27

Created 2017-09-23
Last Updated 2017-07-29

Last edited:

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
[MOD][Magisk][Universal] A simple init.d enabler (system-less) [Fixed*]

Downloads
Please use remover before updating to new versions
Make sure you read the notes above carefully before downloading !

Magisk 14+
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579480972

Magisk 15+
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bzT5Uu2jIZDJpcaBvSMYqF11M-YYz5SJ

Remover UPDATED 27.09.2017
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620753913

How to make sure it's working ?
Code:
- Go to [B]/data/[/B] if you find the file [B]"initd_test.log" then congrats it's working [/B]
Changelog
Code:
2.2 | 29/09/2017
- Bug fixes for some devices

2.1 | 27/09/2017
- Removed sleep for 30 sec post boot (to avoid conflicts with some scripts)

2.0 | 24/09/2017
- Changed permissions from 777 to 755 (standard)
- Added writing permissions to init.d folder too

1.0 | 23/09/2017
- First release

DO NOT STEAL MY WORK!!
FEEL FREE TO USE MY MOD IN YOUR ROM, JUST GIVE PROPER CREDITS !

Last edited:

colorado48

Aug 6, 2015
Ho Chi Minh City
Flashed the mod in Magisk and rebooted, the mod made the fingerprint option unavailable in Settings. (stock 7.1.1 140)
Disabled the mod Magisk and rebooted, fingerprint appeared again.
Can you look into it?
P/s: flash the mod directly in TWRP will get you stuck at boot logo.

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
Flashed buh phone stuck at bootlogo, had to flash uninstaller zip before phone boots up.....

Flashed the mod in Magisk and rebooted, the mod made the fingerprint option unavailable in Settings. (stock 7.1.1 140)
Disabled the mod Magisk and rebooted, fingerprint appeared again.
Can you look into it?
P/s: flash the mod directly in TWRP will get you stuck at boot logo.

Please update to new fixed version I updated the link now for second time nothing hardcoded it's working perfectly for me on 32.4.A.0.160 should do same for all roms/devices
Do not forget to use remover before updating .. enjoy :)

Reactions: whalesplaho

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
New version works now
Fingerprint works now too.
good bro enjoy :)
I still dnt have tha log file.... But test file inside init.d folder!!
Woooooooppppppssss......

how is that, what kernel/rom you are using.. working fine on stock here
Also note that you might need to wait 30sec at least after boot before init.d takes effect
So try to refresh in your file manager and check the result in /data/

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island
good bro enjoy :)

how is that, what kernel/rom you are using.. working fine on stock here
Also note that you might need to wait 30sec at least after boot before init.d takes effect
So try to refresh in your file manager and check the result in /data/

Im on crdroid lineage os and using stock kernel too brov.. 30secs? Okay will try again.

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
New version is up ! .. minor changes but better update :)
2.1 | 27/09/2017
Code:
- Removed sleep for 30 sec post boot (to avoid conflicts with some scripts)

DuskGolem

May 29, 2015
@korom42, first of all, thanks for this awesome work. I can confirm that this mod is working on Xperia Z5 Premium E6833, 7.1.1 stock rom with magisk 14.2 beta.

BUGS:
1) the test file present in the /system/etc/init.d namely "00test" is undeleteable. I tried remounting the system as R/W but still get the message "Device or Resource Busy".
2) When I create my own scripts (which is just another test script or any other) in the /system/etc/init.d folder, it gets saved successfully with permissions rwx-r-x-r-x. But when i restart the device, my created scripts get deleted automatically without execution.

Is their something I'm doing wrong???

P.S: I have attached the script I'm using for your consideration....

Regards
Adil

Attachments

• 03test.zip
    333 bytes · Views: 129

DuskGolem

May 29, 2015
@korom42, i figured out the problem.

EVERYONE FACING PROBLEMS WITH THIS MODULE SHOULD PLACE THIER SCRIPTS IN THE FOLLOWING PATH:
/magisk/simple_initd/system/etc/init.d
DON'T PLACE THE SCRIPTS IN:
/system/etc/init.d
This is a systemless module, placing files in the latter mentioned path you modify the system which kind of ruins the systemless purpose....:eek::eek:

Thanks alot for this extremely awesome module @korom42

Regards
Adil

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
[MENTION=5033594]
This is a systemless module, placing files in the latter mentioned path you modify the system which kind of ruins the systemless purpose....:eek::eek:
However the module breaks safetynet immediately after installing. Is it because of the test output file created in /data or otherwise?

I'm using this init.d link module instead now with a small mod and workaround. I've written my experiences in that thread. It's not straightforward but it's the only semi-working safetynet init.d for me.

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
@korom42, first of all, thanks for this awesome work. I can confirm that this mod is working on Xperia Z5 Premium E6833, 7.1.1 stock rom with magisk 14.2 beta.
BUGS:
1) the test file present in the /system/etc/init.d namely "00test" is undeleteable. I tried remounting the system as R/W but still get the message "Device or Resource Busy".
2) When I create my own scripts (which is just another test script or any other) in the /system/etc/init.d folder, it gets saved successfully with permissions rwx-r-x-r-x. But when i restart the device, my created scripts get deleted automatically without execution.
Is their something I'm doing wrong???
P.S: I have attached the script I'm using for your consideration....
Regards
Adil

@korom42, i figured out the problem.

EVERYONE FACING PROBLEMS WITH THIS MODULE SHOULD PLACE THIER SCRIPTS IN THE FOLLOWING PATH:
/magisk/simple_initd/system/etc/init.d
DON'T PLACE THE SCRIPTS IN:
/system/etc/init.d
Thanks alot for this extremely awesome module @korom42
Regards
Adil
Alright, if you managed to use the mod while keeping SafetyNet bypass working than that's great
but I won't change anything since it's not a reliable way because the user will have to move his files each time adding new scripts
- for deleting the 00test file did you try a different file manager .. root browser works fine here

However the module breaks safetynet immediately after installing. Is it because of the test output file created in /data or otherwise?
I'm using this init.d link module instead now with a small mod and workaround. I've written my experiences in that thread. It's not straightforward but it's the only semi-working safetynet init.d for me.
- Just disable the module from Magisk Manager whenever you need SafetyNet bypass back .. will try to make it SafetyNet compatible in next versions if possible

Reactions: Infy_AsiX

DuskGolem

May 29, 2015
@korom42 i just want to report that safety is now also broken on my Xperia Z5 Premium E6833 Stock Rom (LOL) after just 2 reboots. Uninstalling this module fixes the issue. Hope you will find a way to make this module work with safetynet....

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts