[Jul 20] SideSqueeze+ | squeeze, press, gestures, tweaks, vibs, fprints, S Pen & more

Search This thread

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
[Jul 20] SideSqueeze+ | squeeze, press, gestures, tweaks, vibs, fprints, S Pen & more

sidesqueeze_playbanner_2_xda.png

squeezes | presses | gestures | vibrations | fingerprint actions | tweaks | S Pen

What is SideSqueeze+?

SideSqueeze+ is an app that brings extended functionality to your unrooted (or rooted) Galaxy device, helping you to do more. It is only compatible with some Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards.

Your privacy is valued. This app does not contain ads or employ trackers, nor does it collect or harvest your data in any way.
It does not have the ability to access the internet, regardless of whether or not special permissions are enabled, as can be verified in the app's manifest file.

SideSqueeze has grown beyond just squeezing & pressing and has become SideSqueeze+. A core feature is still detecting both squeeze and press gestures via the analysis of barometric sensor pressure data, but SideSqueeze+ now does much more by means of the "Plus" module. Additional functionality so far includes: fingerprint unlock vibration (for both front and back fingerprint scanners), face/iris unlock vibration, customizable fingerprint unlock actions (start the camera when you unlock with a certain finger, etc), navigation gesture vibration (satisfying haptic feedback when using navigation gestures), slice gestures (chop the edge of your hand against the screen and slice up/down to do things), double chop gestures (similar, but instead of slicing down, just lift your hand), status bar flick gestures (flick down very quickly on the status bar to do something), lockscreen tap gestures (triple tap on an empty spot of the lockscreen to do something), automatic biometric lockout (secure lock your device with as little as 1 failed attempt), power button long-press, various volume button combinations, S Pen button press remap, S Pen button double-press remap, S Pen button long-press, S Pen Note10 global air override (wave your pen at any time to perform home/back/recents/etc), S Pen inserted, S Pen removed, and miscellaneous (which consists of: 1.) accidental touch protection options, 2.) option to not turn the screen on after unplugging the cable/removing from wireless charging, 3.) option to open an app when the Buds case is opened).

Tip: If you are not interested in squeezing/pressing and would like to use this app just for the Plus module features listed above, simply switch off both squeeze and press detection. This will completely suspend the analysis engine, and leave the Plus module functionality intact.

IMPORTANT! For the Plus module to work (as well as certain actions such as: immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle), a command has to be run from a computer via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.

What can it do?

Some examples...
  • Squeeze your device to go home
  • Slice and/or double chop with the side of your hand to do things
  • Disable biometric methods after only 1 failed attempt, or if a certain finger was used
  • Double squeeze to start a voice assistant
  • Triple-tap the lockscreen to turn the screen off
  • Play a sound when fingerprint accepted
  • Triple squeeze to perform a Tasker task
  • Start your music app when Buds case is opened
  • Use the S Pen to control most streaming services
  • Bring back force pressing your screen to go home (while screen on)
  • Make power button long-press start the camera
  • Vibrate when you unlock your device with a fingerprint, or face
  • Choose a finger that will automatically do something after unlocking via that finger, like immediately starting the camera or automatically disabling all biometrics when a certain finger is used
  • Remap S Pen button press, double-press, and long-press
  • Play a custom sound when S Pen removed/inserted
  • Use S Pen air actions anywhere, and assign them anything: wave down to go home, wave up for recents, or anything you want
  • Press both volume buttons together to do something
  • Press volume up and power to do something
  • Press volume down and power to do something while the screen is off
  • Control the camera with your thumb: Volume roll down-to-up to start the camera, press volume down to take a picture, then volume roll up-to-down to close the camera

Features (not all available in trial mode)

• No root required
  • Lightweight app, only 3 MB
  • 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
  • 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
  • NEW! Plus module adds up to 24 more things depending upon your device (Fingerprint Vibration, Fingerprint Unlock Actions, Face/Iris Unlock Vibration, Navigation Gesture Vibration, Slice Gestures, Double Chop Gestures, Status Bar Flicks, Lockscreen Triple Tap Gestures, Automatic Biometric Lockout, Power Button Long Press, Volume Up + Power Button, Volume Down + Power Button, Volume Button Roll (down-to-up and up-to-down), Dual Volume Button Press, Double Press, and Triple Press, S Pen Button Press, S Pen Button Double Press, S Pen Button Long Press, S Pen Global Air Overrides, S Pen Insert, S Pen Remove, Miscellaneous, Accidental Touch Protection Options)
  • The graphical analyzer tool visually plots your pressure wave, allowing you to precisely adjust the engine to your unique needs
  • Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
  • App picker to launch any app
  • Tasker integration to launch any task
  • Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
  • Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
  • Adjustable pressure thresholds
  • Calibration assistant to customize squeezing/pressing to your device's unique characteristics

Questions?

See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.​

Where do I get it?

Screenshots

sidesqueezeplus_ss_squeeze_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_analyzer_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_fp_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_lockout_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_slice_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_lstap_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_pen_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_menu_1000.png

Last edited:

cbalde04

Aug 14, 2009
This is awesome. I never even knew the Note10+ had side squeeze capability.
Any chance you could add "Screen tap" command, so i can use my Spen button as a VR action button?

Reactions: ffolkes

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
Any chance you could add "Screen tap" command, so i can use my Spen button as a VR action button?

I'll look into this for the next release. :)

New version released today! :D

Version 2.12
  • Added Volume Button Roll (up-to-down)
  • Added Volume Button Roll (down-to-up)
  • Added Dual Volume Button Double Press
  • Added Dual Volume Button Triple Press
  • Increased Plus module reliability
  • Fixed more UI issues

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
Great! I have a HTC U11+ with squeeze function and it´s very cool. My Note 10+ must be rooted to use this? adb shell /sdcard/grant didn´t work
/system/bin/sh: /sdcard/grant: can't execute: Permission denied

EDITED: It Works! Despite the grant
I bought the pro

Thank you so much!

No, you do not need to be rooted (come to think of it, I should declare that on the app store page so people know). Are you running Android 10? I haven't had any problems with that command on mine, but I'm still on Pie.

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey

Version 2.13
  • Volume button stuff now works on 8.0 (Oreo)
  • Added scrolling actions
  • Added color coding to Plus tab
  • UI changes for better usability
  • Fixed UI bugs

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey

Version 2.13
  • Volume button stuff now works on 8.0 (Oreo)
  • Added scrolling actions
  • Added color coding to Plus tab
  • UI changes for better usability
  • Fixed UI bugs

karl122132

Jan 18, 2020
I've bought pro version and every function works apart from s pen air scroll gestures on note 10 plus 5g one ui 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

strawsy

May 31, 2008
Tried it out but it doesn't work right for me on Android 10. It went crazy and would either work only with light squeezes then hard squeezes then neither and then randomly. Couldn't figure it out so uninstalled.

k592064127

Mar 4, 2020
I have explored the function of the app almost. I have already answered my question in the email and app store, but I have never heard back from you. Here are a few personal opinions.
1. My sidequeeze cannot run tasker tasks
2. I hope that the gestures in the air can be defined in different software.
3. My call answering test is unresponsive
4. I hope to have a cloud mouse function, similar to the "smouse" software in the app store. I hope that the software can be awakened by one button and closed by one button. Click, long press, scroll up and down, and slide left and right
Thank you very much for your work, this software is really great, but I can't use tasker to cause me great trouble. I am running one ui2.0., Android 10.

zsohu

Nov 23, 2008
Székesfehérvár
Hi,

None of the functions worked on my Note10. I did the special permission granting but the S Pen override was't working. I didn't planned to use the squeeze part but wanted to try it, but also no sucess setting up correctly.

What could cause the spen non functioning behavour?

Zsolti

triolight

Jul 16, 2007
Working fine on my note10. There are some permissions on the mobile you need to do. Uninstall and reinstall it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sidesqueeze_playbanner_2_xda.png

squeezes | presses | gestures | vibrations | fingerprint actions | tweaks | S Pen

What is SideSqueeze+?

SideSqueeze+ is an app that brings extended functionality to your unrooted (or rooted) Galaxy device, helping you to do more. It is only compatible with some Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards.

Your privacy is valued. This app does not contain ads or employ trackers, nor does it collect or harvest your data in any way.
    It does not have the ability to access the internet, regardless of whether or not special permissions are enabled, as can be verified in the app's manifest file.

SideSqueeze has grown beyond just squeezing & pressing and has become SideSqueeze+. A core feature is still detecting both squeeze and press gestures via the analysis of barometric sensor pressure data, but SideSqueeze+ now does much more by means of the "Plus" module. Additional functionality so far includes: fingerprint unlock vibration (for both front and back fingerprint scanners), face/iris unlock vibration, customizable fingerprint unlock actions (start the camera when you unlock with a certain finger, etc), navigation gesture vibration (satisfying haptic feedback when using navigation gestures), slice gestures (chop the edge of your hand against the screen and slice up/down to do things), double chop gestures (similar, but instead of slicing down, just lift your hand), status bar flick gestures (flick down very quickly on the status bar to do something), lockscreen tap gestures (triple tap on an empty spot of the lockscreen to do something), automatic biometric lockout (secure lock your device with as little as 1 failed attempt), power button long-press, various volume button combinations, S Pen button press remap, S Pen button double-press remap, S Pen button long-press, S Pen Note10 global air override (wave your pen at any time to perform home/back/recents/etc), S Pen inserted, S Pen removed, and miscellaneous (which consists of: 1.) accidental touch protection options, 2.) option to not turn the screen on after unplugging the cable/removing from wireless charging, 3.) option to open an app when the Buds case is opened).

Tip: If you are not interested in squeezing/pressing and would like to use this app just for the Plus module features listed above, simply switch off both squeeze and press detection. This will completely suspend the analysis engine, and leave the Plus module functionality intact.

IMPORTANT! For the Plus module to work (as well as certain actions such as: immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle), a command has to be run from a computer via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.

What can it do?

Some examples...
    • Squeeze your device to go home
    • Slice and/or double chop with the side of your hand to do things
    • Disable biometric methods after only 1 failed attempt, or if a certain finger was used
    • Double squeeze to start a voice assistant
    • Triple-tap the lockscreen to turn the screen off
    • Play a sound when fingerprint accepted
    • Triple squeeze to perform a Tasker task
    • Start your music app when Buds case is opened
    • Use the S Pen to control most streaming services
    • Bring back force pressing your screen to go home (while screen on)
    • Make power button long-press start the camera
    • Vibrate when you unlock your device with a fingerprint, or face
    • Choose a finger that will automatically do something after unlocking via that finger, like immediately starting the camera or automatically disabling all biometrics when a certain finger is used
    • Remap S Pen button press, double-press, and long-press
    • Play a custom sound when S Pen removed/inserted
    • Use S Pen air actions anywhere, and assign them anything: wave down to go home, wave up for recents, or anything you want
    • Press both volume buttons together to do something
    • Press volume up and power to do something
    • Press volume down and power to do something while the screen is off
    • Control the camera with your thumb: Volume roll down-to-up to start the camera, press volume down to take a picture, then volume roll up-to-down to close the camera

Features (not all available in trial mode)

• No root required
    • Lightweight app, only 3 MB
    • 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
    • 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
    • NEW! Plus module adds up to 24 more things depending upon your device (Fingerprint Vibration, Fingerprint Unlock Actions, Face/Iris Unlock Vibration, Navigation Gesture Vibration, Slice Gestures, Double Chop Gestures, Status Bar Flicks, Lockscreen Triple Tap Gestures, Automatic Biometric Lockout, Power Button Long Press, Volume Up + Power Button, Volume Down + Power Button, Volume Button Roll (down-to-up and up-to-down), Dual Volume Button Press, Double Press, and Triple Press, S Pen Button Press, S Pen Button Double Press, S Pen Button Long Press, S Pen Global Air Overrides, S Pen Insert, S Pen Remove, Miscellaneous, Accidental Touch Protection Options)
    • The graphical analyzer tool visually plots your pressure wave, allowing you to precisely adjust the engine to your unique needs
    • Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
    • App picker to launch any app
    • Tasker integration to launch any task
    • Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
    • Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
    • Adjustable pressure thresholds
    • Calibration assistant to customize squeezing/pressing to your device's unique characteristics

Questions?

See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.​

Where do I get it?

Screenshots

sidesqueezeplus_ss_squeeze_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_analyzer_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_fp_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_lockout_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_slice_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_lstap_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_pen_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_menu_1000.png

I'll look into this for the next release. :)

Version 2.12
    • Added Volume Button Roll (up-to-down)
    • Added Volume Button Roll (down-to-up)
    • Added Dual Volume Button Double Press
    • Added Dual Volume Button Triple Press
    • Increased Plus module reliability
    • Fixed more UI issues
    Haven't tried it and probably wont but it's a very nice idea and thank you for sharing.
    Great! I have a HTC U11+ with squeeze function and it´s very cool. My Note 10+ must be rooted to use this? adb shell /sdcard/grant didn´t work
    /system/bin/sh: /sdcard/grant: can't execute: Permission denied

EDITED: It Works! Despite the grant
    I bought the pro