[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL][XT16xx] OmniROM for Moto G4/Plus [Athene]

Search This thread

jer194

Feb 23, 2014
With latest update 23DEC photos work for me, with inbuilt Kamera, but also with Footej Camera and Open Camera.
Both phone cameras work.
In open camera I had to enable Android-5-Camera2-API in settings.

What about flash? Is it in synch? Exposures taken in the dark, are they ok?
What about taking two pictures in a row? Isn't every 2nd picture still green?

Reactions: TLastPrism
D

Deleted member 9636854

What about flash? Is it in synch? Exposures taken in the dark, are they ok?
What about taking two pictures in a row? Isn't every 2nd picture still green?

I have only tested simple functionality in daylight. But you are right, with Open Camera it is still buggy. I had not tested second picture. But true, it is still green. Flash does not work even when enabled.

I cannot upload log files yet as I am new here.

Reactions: jer194

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna

lphilp00

Jun 6, 2013
Screen casting/Wifi Display

Thanks for the Rom. It runs really well on my Athene device. I've just noticed that screen casting/WifiDisplay is not working. I can't find a bug for this on gerrit.omnirom.org, so I was wondering if this is something other people are seeing? An extract from matlog shows the following:

"01-01 11:15:40.207 I/WifiDisplayController(23605): Starting Wifi display scan.
01-01 11:15:42.724 I/WifiDisplayController(23605): Connecting to Wifi display: AnyCast-5D009E70
01-01 11:15:42.726 I/ExtendedRemoteDisplayHelper(23605): ExtendedRemoteDisplay Not available.
01-01 11:15:42.726 I/ExtendedRemoteDisplayHelper(23605): ExtendedRemoteDisplay isAvailable() : Not Available.
01-01 11:15:42.769 I/WifiDisplayController(23605): Initiated connection to Wifi display: AnyCast-5D009E70
01-01 11:15:54.271 I/WifiDisplayController(23605): Connected to Wifi display: AnyCast-5D009E70
01-01 11:15:54.271 I/WifiDisplayController(23605): Stopping Wifi display scan.
01-01 11:15:54.276 I/ExtendedRemoteDisplayHelper(23605): ExtendedRemoteDisplay isAvailable() : Not Available.
01-01 11:15:54.276 I/WifiDisplayController(23605): Listening for RTSP connection on 192.168.49.1:7236 from Wifi display: AnyCast-5D009E70
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.display
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not start listening for remote display connection on "192.168.49.1:7236"
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): at android.media.RemoteDisplay.startListening(RemoteDisplay.java:121)
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): at android.media.RemoteDisplay.listen(RemoteDisplay.java:84)
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): at com.android.server.display.WifiDisplayController.updateConnection(WifiDisplayController.java:863)
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): at com.android.server.display.WifiDisplayController.access$1400(WifiDisplayController.java:73)
01-01 11:15:54.278 E/AndroidRuntime(23605): at com.android.server.display.WifiDisplayController$15.onGroupInfoAvailable(WifiDisplayController.java:960)"

lphilp00

Jun 6, 2013
Just to add, I tried casting the screen to 3 different devices: an AnyCast stick, a Miracast stick and a Toshiba TV with wireless display built in. In each case, with this Rom, it gives the same problem when you try to cast - the phone screen goes black while trying to connect to the receiver, and then it kicks you out to the lock screen. This phone casted successfully to each of these receivers when running Nougat. I'm not sure about Oreo.

F0rZ3r0

Oct 1, 2015
I'd love to use this or even report some issues, but I can't even get far enough to use Matlog. Everything just keeps crashing over and over again, almost nothing is openable. Very few apps are able to open, and most system apps just keep crashing on their own. I'll try to reinstall doing some different things instead, see if I can get it going.
EDIT: No success, been fiddling for about a half hour. If I could get any help I'd love to use this ROM, just a massive shame it is straight up inoperable.

Last edited:

LinuxHippy

Nov 14, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
The droid info app shows I have an old regular arm CPU, so I'm happy to find a 32 bit ROM when so many are arm64 now!

This may seem like a silly question, but I can't find install instructions for omni Oreo or pie ROMs for OP. How do I install this one-I have most recent TWRP? Do I just wipe and flash in that?

Maybe nightly/weekly builds don't have installation instructions, but this dummy doesn't want to brick his phone so please help!:silly:

My current ROM is resurrection remix nougat on XT1625.

Last edited:

LinuxHippy

Nov 14, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Cool thanks!

Yeah apparently I'm not in the know like others and assumptions were made that people as dumb as me wouldn't stop by. I guess this is more of a beta kind of thread?? I'm slow as I'm still using nougat and just read that the ROM I'm using isn't being developed now. Other people probably already made the plunge to Oreo and now pie a while ago and knew what to do.

This thread is why I wanted to make sure that TWRP was OK for this:
https://xdaforums.com/honor-view-10/development/rom-aosp-pie-t3829466

What that OP says is this:

Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)

I guess that method is specific to that ROM?

Marty

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9636854

SIP calls stopped working

After the update 30DEC I could not make SIP calls anymore.
In the ROM telephone app I then deleted the accounts and added them again.
This made SIP calls working again.

Last edited by a moderator:

LinuxHippy

Nov 14, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I got the 12/30 /18 build installed just fine with Open GApps nano from 12/29/18 using flashing in TWRP. I like the animated fireworks when I pull down a menu on the home screen. It looks like a nice ROM. Not sure why that other pie ROM was different on the install-guess that's why he specified not to use TWRP.

Marty

Cool thanks!

Yeah apparently I'm not in the know like others and assumptions were made that people as dumb as me wouldn't stop by. I guess this is more of a beta kind of thread?? I'm slow as I'm still using nougat and just read that the ROM I'm using isn't being developed now. Other people probably already made the plunge to Oreo and now pie a while ago and knew what to do.

This thread is why I wanted to make sure that TWRP was OK for this:
https://xdaforums.com/honor-view-10/development/rom-aosp-pie-t3829466

What that OP says is this:

I guess that method is specific to that ROM?

Marty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

OmniROM 9.0
    for
    Motorola Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene)

This project is a feature-rich and official build of OmniROM 9.0 for Motorola Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene).

Its work is based upon the sources and tireless efforts provided by
    the OmniROM Team and

@Nikit
    @Lyuu

ofc me

About Omni

"Omni is a community-based project for the Android community which is Free^3: Free to Use, Free to Modify, Free to Share. The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality."

Since there are no official Android 9.0 builds provided by the OmniROM project anymore, I have continued to provide homemade builds with all ASB security patches applied.

DOWNLOAD:

Old official downloads

DOWNLOAD: http://dl.omnirom.org/athene/

What's in

• Bluetooth (with A2DP and AVRCP support)
    • WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n / Wifi Hotspot
    • GPS
    • RIL (GSM/WCDMA/LTE/VoLTE)
    • FM Radio
    • Gestures
    • Messaging: SMS/MMS/Email (Exchange ActiveSync support)
    • Multimedia: Audio/Video Playback, Images Gallery, Camera
    • Multimedia: Audio/Video recording (Camcorder), Voice Search
    • Omni Features, such as OmniSwitch and Performance Control
    • OmniStyle, Dark Theme, OmniWallpapers
    • OmniTheme support
    • Torch (OmniTorch)
    • Doze
    • Active Display
    • Night Light
    • Battery / Notification LED
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • CPU Deep Sleep support
    • Offline charging
    • Enforcing SELinux
    • Widevine DRM / Netflix
    • SafetyNet / Device Certification
    • MTP / USB File Transfer

What's not (yet)
    • Rear cam video recording (use Open Camera)
    • Torch quick tile

Sources

Google Apps

Google Apps are not included within this package and have to be flashed seperately via TWRP.
    OpenGApps Pico or Nano Package recommended. (arm)

Rooting

OmniROM does not come rooted out-of-the-box. If you think it's necessary to install a rootkit, you can use magisk to do that if needed. But don't expect to get support on issues related to the usage of rootkits.

Credits

@omnirom: OmniROM sources
    @Nikit: Android O/P patches
    @Lyuu: Android P patches
    @rajatgupta1998: Dev support

Big THANKS also goes to the testers' support of the Athene Revivers tg group. Their effort and valueable feedback helped alot to iron out all G4 Plus related issues!

Just to mention: This is a 32 bit (arm) build, to stay close to official OEM release.

Last, but not least: Enjoy OmniROM!

PS:

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer_omni_athene.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications at YOUR OWN RISK.
    */

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM for Moto G4/Plus [Athene][XT16xx], ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    golden-guy
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Nightly
    Stable Release Date: 2018-12-02

Created 2018-12-02
    Last Updated 2018-12-10
    Please note that VOLTE support is not available yet. This will be added to Omni code base in the near future. Stay tuned!
    VoLTE is working since 20181209 build.
    I will add a burn-in protect option to Gestures app for tonight's weekly. Maybe not the best place, but will do for now. A single feature does not justify a separate device settings app.
    No more official Pie builds, so I made a homemade with all (up to Feb 2020) ASB patches:

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261726287

Clean flash needed!