Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Broken:
  • Nothing! :)

Working:
  • Everything except 'broken' stuff

device_2015_07_05_233543.png
device_2015_09_13_171246.png

Compatibility:
This build is compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).
It is based off the HTC's Android 5.0.2 firmware, binaries and kernel.

Downloads:

Installation:

Credits & collaborations:
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development with some changes from myself. The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the HTC One (M8) Dual SIM

Contributors
bgcngm
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: LP firmware
Based On: CM12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-07-26
Last Updated 2016-12-28

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
I highly appreciate if any dev wants to join to this effort of bringing full CM support to M8 Dual SIM. Been trying to fix this incall audio issue for a month now, without success.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Update regarding the strange NFC issue.

An initial logcat pointed this out:
Code:
I/NfcService( 2787): Enabling NFC
D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): Start Initialization
[COLOR="Red"]E/NFC-HCI ( 2787): Could not open /vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so or /system/lib/libpn544_fw.so
W/NFC     ( 2787): Firmware image not available: this device might be running old NFC firmware!
[/COLOR]D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): NFC capabilities: HAL = 8150100, FW = b10129, HW = 620003, Model = 11, HCI = 1, Full_FW = 1, Rev = 41, FW Update Info = 0
D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList()
D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): 
D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): > Number of Secure Element(s) : 1
D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): SMX detected, handle=0xabcdef
D/NFCJNI  ( 2787): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode() returned 0x000d[NFCSTATUS_PENDING]
I/NFCJNI  ( 2787): NFC Initialized
The error is gone after taking that proprietary file from the stock ROM:
Code:
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): Start Initialization
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): NFC capabilities: HAL = 8150100, FW = b10129, HW = 620003, Model = 11, HCI = 1, Full_FW = 1, Rev = 41, FW Update Info = 0
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList()
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): 
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): > Number of Secure Element(s) : 1
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): SMX detected, handle=0xabcdef
D/NFCJNI  ( 2904): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode() returned 0x000d[NFCSTATUS_PENDING]
I/NFCJNI  ( 2904): NFC Initialized
NFC seems to initialize correctly in both cases, but I can't exchange data with other devices. I was not expecting this kind of issue at all because standard M8 has the same NFC chip.

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Just one clarification regarding the incall audio issue. The noticed pattern is:
  • SIM 1 network mode set to LTE or 3G (SIM 2 network mode is automatically set to 2G) > incall audio works on calls using SIM 1, but not SIM 2
  • SIM 2 network mode set to LTE or 3G (SIM 1 network mode is automatically set to 2G) > incall audio works on calls using SIM 2, but not SIM 1

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
New updates on the incall audio issue. I finally got incall audio on the SIM card that is not set to LTE/3G. It was done by forcing a different PCM device to be opened during the call. Now I get the exact opposite behavior, than the one described on previous post.

The source code needs some changes in order to decide which PCM device should be opened, taking into account which SIM is calling and what network mode is set.

EDIT: New update released. Incall audio issues are fixed.

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
New updates on the incall audio issue. I finally got incall audio on the SIM card that is not set to LTE/3G. It was done by forcing a different PCM device to be opened during the call. Now I get the exact opposite behavior, than the one described on previous post.

The source code needs some changes in order to decide which PCM device should be opened, taking into account which SIM is calling and what network mode is set.
I have been testing one change that appears to be working pretty well. Hope to come with a beta release within the next few days.

Reactions: consuldore

consuldore

Jan 26, 2006
Everything works great so far.

Had some problems with the last version.
Sometimes both sim cards lost connection and only a reboot could make them work again.

Will test this ROM the next day's and then report back.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

consuldore

Jan 26, 2006
Sorry, I don't have any NFC devices to test with.

Yes, I think so. Installed the latest OTA update before installing this ROM.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Just checked my settings and I'm on firmware 4.30.401.15

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
I don't know if those users using this ROM have already noticed, but it allows both SIM cards (only one at a time) to be set to LTE/3G. Huge difference when compared to the stock Sense ROM, where SIM2 can only work in 2G.

I'm running CM for more than a month now and, with the latest beta release, it can be perfectly considered as a daily driver. ;)

consuldore

Jan 26, 2006
No, haven't noticed that. But it's cool and will come in handy when I'm back in Australia. So I don't have to switch card's at the airport. Big thanks for that.

And so far there are no issues with this beta. No dropped connections or other bugs.

Will test NFC later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Broken:
    • Nothing! :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff

device_2015_07_05_233543.png
    device_2015_09_13_171246.png

Compatibility:
    This build is compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).
    It is based off the HTC's Android 5.0.2 firmware, binaries and kernel.

Downloads:

Installation:

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development with some changes from myself. The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the HTC One (M8) Dual SIM

Contributors
    bgcngm
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LP firmware
    Based On: CM12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-07-26
    Last Updated 2016-12-28
    Thank you all for testing the experimental builds. ;) It was hard for me to find the solution because I never experienced those issues. Anyway, let's move on. Time to start working on CyanogenMod 13.0. :D
    We are closer than ever...
    And here it is, the first nightly build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=m8dug. :victory:

EDIT: Everyone is advised to make a clean install now. So, make a full data wipe before installing this nightly. From that point on, you can accept and install OTA updates. ;)
    Snapshot (stable CM build) coming out soon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using Tapatalk