Simple tool for viewing of Bada firmware

Search This thread

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
tried it with simple test
dumped a ShpApp file then save it to another location
and here is the surprise
i did a hash check between both files and they didn't match!!!!!!!
have the same size same name differs in dates and differs in hash check
i think you have to work on your beta app more
keep the good work
and by the way the UI is more simple than trix so i pet it will beat it when it is finished

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
MD5 Hash is only "mandatory" for Multiloader. But you can also disable MD5...

NO MD5 Hash needed.

Important is only that structure of created files is valid and content files are not corrupt...

But for instance sort Order from A to Z or from 1-10 or versa vi is not important.
I mean position from content files in created files like FFS...

Example, 3 files:

Second attempt with different sort order:

Both created files are valid, but MD5 differs, NOT equal...

Generally. Hashes like MD5... if only 1 Byte is different. Then Hash complete different.

Sorry, bad english description but I hope you understand what I mean...

Forget MD5. :)

Anyway. Thank you for testing mylove90. :cool:

Best Regards

ho1od

Jan 12, 2008
MD5 Hash is only "mandatory" for Multiloader. But you can also disable MD5...

Multiloader does not check the MD5 hash, it checks the signature on the offset 440 bytes from the end of the file. My program calculates and corrects the signature.

Last edited:

ho1od

Jan 12, 2008
New version 0.0.1

New features:

Added drag and drop files to the dump
Added drag and drop files to add the firmware
Added preview ini, txt, xml, jpg, png files

The program can be downloaded in the first post

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
@ ho1od

Maybe if you have time. You could integrate also RC2.
The Adresses for RAW Pics from S8500 are floating around here.
For the others smaller bada we could little bit research... also S8530 have little differences. But Algo should be the same...
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11919036&postcount=24

Thanx in advance.

Minimum support for RC2 could be change Value for Debug Level...
0 1 or 2

Best Regards

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
a request for ho1od
can you please examine S8500XXJB6 and make your tool able to extract it??
trix can't do it so if your app could it will be super
any file from that fw will be enough for me

astrotom

Apr 3, 2011
I used your tool to create a custom SHPApp.app file. But I think multiloader checks the MD5 hash and does not enable me to upload it to the phone. I have read adfree's post on disabling it but I couldn't understand him. So if you could help me in detail, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

ho1od

Jan 12, 2008
I used your tool to create a custom SHPApp.app file. But I think multiloader checks the MD5 hash and does not enable me to upload it to the phone. I have read adfree's post on disabling it but I couldn't understand him. So if you could help me in detail, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

I tested the program and flash the modified files via multiloader V5.64. Everything works fine. Upload your file and give me a link, I'll check it

PS. Signature at end of file, it is not MD5 hash, this is another hash function. I disassemble it from multiloader and inserted into the program. The file is signed correctly

Last edited:

astrotom

Apr 3, 2011
I tested the program and flash the modified files via multiloader V5.64. Everything works fine. Upload your file and give me a link, I'll check it

PS. Signature at end of file, it is not MD5 hash, this is another hash function. I disassemble it from multiloader and inserted into the program. The file is signed correctly
One doubt. Will I have to extract and recompile using your software itself? Because I had extracted the software earlier using trix. So maybe that's making your software not sign it correctly? Also I don't see how I can extract amss and csc files with your software. When I select on your AMSS and CSC tabs, there's nothing. I can't find the fie button which is there on the FFS, PFS and SHPAPP tab.

ho1od

Jan 12, 2008
I can make a separate menu item, for signing the files created in Trix. If need be.

Working with CSC and AMSS files will be in next update

Reactions: adfree

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a my program for viewing of bada firmware.

This source code
    This source code Wave_Remaker. Everyone can use it in their programs. Everyone can continue to develop this program. Thanks to everyone who helped me. Goodbye Bada.
    Update v 0.0.3

New features:

Added decrypt and encrypt files (apps_compressed.bin , boot_loader.mbn)

The program can be downloaded in the first post

Attention! Encrypted files are not signed

PS

This is a picture from the decrypted Loader :)
    update 0.2.0
    Only for test

Added QMD routines from b.kubica
    Added tooltips wish file size
    Added few bug fixes

Thank you b.kubica
    bada 2.0 has enabled signature checking. as we know last 0x10 bytes of encrypted data are stored in footer at offset 0x198. Next 0x40 bytes is rsa signature taken from sha1 hash of 0x160 bytes (in footer 0x48-0x1A7).
    No chance to generate valid signature but we can reverse this pattern and modify encrypted data to pass rsa1 signature check :)

3 things needs to be done to pass BL security:

1. rsa signature needs to be valid (in footer)
    2. last 0x10 bytes of encrypted data must be equal to 0x10 bytes at footer offset 0x198
    3. last 0x10 bytes of decrypted data must be equal to 0x10 bytes of seed key (FF FF FF FF ...)

attached routines does that - encrypted apps pass BL security checks and we can download it to phone with no problems. We lose 0x10 bytes of nand apps space but who cares? :)

regards,
    Bartek