[Q] I figured out WiFi is causing my Screen of Death issue. Now what?

Search This thread

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I'd say learn how to take a logcat and keep asking on here and someone will be able to shed some light on this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nwwolf1

May 5, 2011
Yea for now u wouldn't give up your mdk bootloader either... OTA to 4.4 and your options go with it. I realize that now your only running tw cuz of this issue but someone on here should be able to help you

In not running touch wiz. I'm running cm10.2

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
My bad I think I was just confusing myself or mixing posts up. I thought you or the other guy in here said they went back to TW.

That's what I thought too, but he said he went back to cm10.2 since this problem only exists on KitKat.

I believe I attached a logcat on page 1 of this thread but I guess nobody really looked at it. I don't know where to go from here, I'm not leaving KitKat!

Reactions: Mistertac

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
That's what I thought too, but he said he went back to cm10.2 since this problem only exists on KitKat.

I believe I attached a logcat on page 1 of this thread but I guess nobody really looked at it. I don't know where to go from here, I'm not leaving KitKat!

I know it I love KitKat myself and won't be going back. It's a shame no one took a look at your logcat , I know there are some straight geniuses on here that would be able to figure it out. Maybe try to track one of them down lol

Reactions: thesoldier

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
I know it I love KitKat myself and won't be going back. It's a shame no one took a look at your logcat , I know there are some straight geniuses on here that would be able to figure it out. Maybe try to track one of them down lol

For some reason I never saw this post lol.

Anyways, thought I'd revive this with one last try. I thought the offical KitKat build from Verizon would fix this issue, but of course...NOPE. It's tolerable on TouchWiz because it will automatically reboot within a minute, but on AOSP it requires a battery pull. Definitely missing AOSP :( Last time it happened, WiFi simply stopped responding and when the screen turned off, it forced a reboot.

So, I'm attaching a logcat, dmesg, and last_kmsg...Hopefully someone (ANYONE) can find something helpful. If not, MDK S4 for sale! lol :p

Attachments

• s4_crash_logs.zip
    150.4 KB · Views: 4

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Anyways, thought I'd revive this with one last try. I thought the offical KitKat build from Verizon would fix this issue, but of course...NOPE. It's tolerable on TouchWiz because it will automatically reboot within a minute, but on AOSP it requires a battery pull. Definitely missing AOSP :( Last time it happened, WiFi simply stopped responding and when the screen turned off, it forced a reboot.

So, I'm attaching a logcat, dmesg, and last_kmsg...Hopefully someone (ANYONE) can find something helpful. If not, MDK S4 for sale! lol :p

Try going here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274119 and just ask nicely lol they prefer you use Pastebin for your logs though so for better results I'd do that. Sorry you're still having this problem. I hope one of them can help

Reactions: thesoldier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2294083
    Make sure you clear cache and Dalvic after you flash the correct kernel.

If this doesn't help... Heck we can try the modem too...

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Link to modems for future reference
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487298

Here's hoping. Gonna try it. Thanks for your help!
    My bad I think I was just confusing myself or mixing posts up. I thought you or the other guy in here said they went back to TW.

Try going here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274119 and just ask nicely lol they prefer you use Pastebin for your logs though so for better results I'd do that. Sorry you're still having this problem. I hope one of them can help