Note 3 Failure: Problems with Kernel and Recovery

Search This thread

KoolCharisma

Apr 8, 2013
Glen Burnie, MD
Hey guys, I don't post here often, but I'm not new to this. It was through this forum that I first started rooting with mfy s3.

I just got a note 3 through Sprint. I've gotten used to getting off the grid, so I immediately jumped to root it. I decided on Jellybomb after reading some reviews. Then I downloaded everything necessary to make the jump: Odin, 1.85 and 3.09, jellybomb, cwm 6.0, twrp 7, auto-root, and the original roms in case I had to hop back.

First I went with Chainfires auto-root. I didn't seem to have any problem flashing that. The problem came with flashing twrp and the new rom. I can't remember which one was giving me trouble (I've been fighting it almost a week now). Somehow some way the phone has been stuck in an autoboot that says "seandroid not enforcing" and either "warranty bit: recovery" or "warranty bit: kernel". I tried new kernels. I tried things in different order. I can get into recovery but only after going immediately after autoroot. Even there you have a broken android.

Please help. I've been without a phone for a week.

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey guys, I don't post here often, but I'm not new to this. It was through this forum that I first started rooting with mfy s3.

I just got a note 3 through Sprint. I've gotten used to getting off the grid, so I immediately jumped to root it. I decided on Jellybomb after reading some reviews. Then I downloaded everything necessary to make the jump: Odin, 1.85 and 3.09, jellybomb, cwm 6.0, twrp 7, auto-root, and the original roms in case I had to hop back.

First I went with Chainfires auto-root. I didn't seem to have any problem flashing that. The problem came with flashing twrp and the new rom. I can't remember which one was giving me trouble (I've been fighting it almost a week now). Somehow some way the phone has been stuck in an autoboot that says "seandroid not enforcing" and either "warranty bit: recovery" or "warranty bit: kernel". I tried new kernels. I tried things in different order. I can get into recovery but only after going immediately after autoroot. Even there you have a broken android.

Please help. I've been without a phone for a week.

This one is the International Note 3 forum.

You should ask for actual details in the specific Sprint Note 3 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-sprint

You should also pay more attention to the fact that the questions should be posted in the Q&A subforum.

KoolCharisma

Apr 8, 2013
Glen Burnie, MD
Thanks

This one is the International Note 3 forum.

You should ask for actual details in the specific Sprint Note 3 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-sprint

You should also pay more attention to the fact that the questions should be posted in the Q&A subforum.

Cheers! It looks from your sig though that you have found a work around on your international version. Are they really that different, that need entirely separate instructions. Obviously I downloaded all of the suggested software for Sprint and followed Sprint suggested, but I'm frustrated because I simply don't understand how I could do something the same way everyone else did and yet have it fail on me like this.

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
I am having the exact same problem...at first i was able to flash 'openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-hltetmo.img.tar and it would boot my phone back to normal. I have now run into this problem again and my first original fix isn't working anymore. If I can figure out a way I will definitely let you know!

KoolCharisma

Apr 8, 2013
Glen Burnie, MD
Getting Answers

I am having the exact same problem...at first i was able to flash 'openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-hltetmo.img.tar and it would boot my phone back to normal. I have now run into this problem again and my first original fix isn't working anymore. If I can figure out a way I will definitely let you know!

Hey man, thanks for reaching out. I realized I should probably have been in the Sprint form so I created a new thread there and I've been getting some help!

If you want: shoot over there and see if the tips can help you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51096673

Reactions: Anonymous777

KoolCharisma

Apr 8, 2013
Glen Burnie, MD

Hey man we've made a lot of headway at the above thread Thanks to Macmars. You should check it out and see if we can help each other.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
Hey man we've made a lot of headway at the above thread Thanks to Macmars. You should check it out and see if we can help each other.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

I figured out what to do, use odin 3.9 and flash this, it took about 15 minutes to go through the whole process. Once my phone boot up it froze at the T-Moble logo or whatever, so I waited like 20 minutes and then powered it off, went into recovery and did a factory reset which then solved all my problems. I lost root, but no big deal to me. Better than buying a new phone!!! Btw the only place I could find this file is off sammobile.com. You have to sign up for a free membership thing but at least they give you the stock firmware.

TMB-N900TUVUCNB4-20140305155920/N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Getting Answers

Hey man, thanks for reaching out. I realized I should probably have been in the Sprint form so I created a new thread there and I've been getting some help!

If you want: shoot over there and see if the tips can help you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51096673