So when the flipside gets 2.2 OTA whenever it does..

Search This thread

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
Should I restore default apps (Like AT&T Navigator, AT&T Maps, etc) and unroot, or can we just apply OTA straight off without breaking anything?

Reason I'm wondering about this now is because I heard some of the other ATT phones are getting 2.2 released today (the 12th), some others in Canada are getting it as of last week already.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
Motorola publishes their estimated upgrade dates here. The Flipside is not even listed as being in progress.

There is a stock rom available here that you can flash with RSD Lite to return your phone to stock.

Reactions: gongo2k1

gongo2k1

Dec 23, 2010
Motorola publishes their estimated upgrade dates here. The Flipside is not even listed as being in progress.

Frustrating... I hope we start to get better support for Android phones on AT&T now that Verizon has the iPhone. I feel like Android on AT&T has been intentionally nerfed so as not to compete with iPhone very much. :mad:

Millentree10

Dec 26, 2009
Glens Falls
Frustrating... I hope we start to get better support for Android phones on AT&T now that Verizon has the iPhone. I feel like Android on AT&T has been intentionally nerfed so as not to compete with iPhone very much. :mad:

It's even more frustrating knowing that Motorola created a device with the hardware spec to support 2.2 things like flash 10.1... And then sold the devices on 2.1 without plans of any kind of OTA update to froyo. :mad:

cougar694u

Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
My wife's flipside got notification of update to 2.2.1 (iirc, 2.2 for sure), but she skipped it :(

At least I/we know an OTA to Froyo is now gonna happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is a stock rom available here that you can flash with RSD Lite to return your phone to stock.