Block a mp3 file from player?

Search This thread

Dirtylarry11

Nov 27, 2012
Hello XDA, I have a few audiobooks that I have ripped from CD and put them on my phone as >mp3 files...does anyone know of a way to "block" them from the music player apps?...its annoying when you want to rock out going down the road and song is over and starts playing a chapter of my book...lol...maybe they could be renamed or something or converted into a diff format perhaps?..Any help is greatly appreciated...Dirty

LiquidGlow

Feb 28, 2010
Well I use Player Pro and I know there's a setting that let's you choose or restrict which directories the player will look for music. This option is definitely helpful as before I started taking advantage of it, sound bytes from downloaded games would appear in my list of songs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Hello XDA, I have a few audiobooks that I have ripped from CD and put them on my phone as >mp3 files...does anyone know of a way to "block" them from the music player apps?...its annoying when you want to rock out going down the road and song is over and starts playing a chapter of my book...lol...maybe they could be renamed or something or converted into a diff format perhaps?..Any help is greatly appreciated...Dirty
With out purchasing anything... make some playlist. Other wise get a poweramp as it has my vote too.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Use some sort of file browser, browse to mp3 file. Place a period at the very beginning of the file name using the rename feature of the file browser.

Sent from my SGH-T999

"So I put my phone into airplane mode and threw it... worst transformer ever. -.-" -My friend

dito33

Jul 13, 2010
Get folder player app that will play directory you want.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app