Mounting tf201 to transfer files from Windows in Voyager's 2.6.3 Recovery....

Search This thread

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
OK so I've tried everything I know. I was on PACMan ROM on the 03102013 version and wanted to try the newest nightly of 28011014. I wanted to do a clean install but I wanted to update my twrp first. I did that through fastboot.

Once I got that all done I tried to install the ROM from my microsd but twrp doesn't recognize it. I tried mounting my tablet to windows to copy ROM to internal storage and was unable to do. What do I need to do to get twrp to recognize both?

Please help as I really would like my tablet back. :) Thanks!

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
OK so I've tried everything I know. I was on PACMan ROM on the 03102013 version and wanted to try the newest nightly of 28011014. I wanted to do a clean install but I wanted to update my twrp first. I did that through fastboot.

Once I got that all done I tried to install the ROM from my microsd but twrp doesn't recognize it. I tried mounting my tablet to windows to copy ROM to internal storage and was unable to do. What do I need to do to get twrp to recognize both?

Is it just the sdcard that can't be mounted? Look in mounts in twrp and if you can't mount system, data etc also then you have flashed the wrong twrp for your bootloader.

If you can mount all the others then TWRP doesn't like that sdcard, it has different drivers to the actual OS. Try using a small one if fat32.

If the small fat32 one doesn't work then you can adb push the rom onto the device and install it from there.

Reactions: alias4ever

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
Is it just the sdcard that can't be mounted? Look in mounts in twrp and if you can't mount system, data etc also then you have flashed the wrong twrp for your bootloader.

If you can mount all the others then TWRP doesn't like that sdcard, it has different drivers to the actual OS. Try using a small one if fat32.

If the small fat32 one doesn't work then you can adb push the rom onto the device and install it from there.

Thanks for the help. :good: When I got into mounts I have the Select Partitions to Mount:

System
Cache
Data
Micro SDCard
SD-Ext

I am able to check System, Cache, and Data but I can't check Micro or SD-Ext. When I click on the Storage: Internal Storage (27361 MB) on the right it asks to Select Storage and shows Internal or Micro. From here I can't select Micro SDcard.

My card is a 64GB SanDisk Class 10 that I have been using for my Prime for the past 8-10 months. I put the ROM and Gapps on the MicroSD card. It is formatted in FAT32 through Windows. :)

Edit: How can I get my tablet to show up in Windows so I can transfer the necessary files to my Internal Storage and install them that way? I hear the noise when I plug in my tablet but it will not show up in my Windows. Using Windows 7 64-bit. ;)

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Thanks for the help. :good: When I got into mounts I have the Select Partitions to Mount:

System
Cache
Data
Micro SDCard
SD-Ext

I am able to check System, Cache, and Data but I can't check Micro or SD-Ext. When I click on the Storage: Internal Storage (27361 MB) on the right it asks to Select Storage and shows Internal or Micro. From here I can't select Micro SDcard.

My card is a 64GB SanDisk Class 10 that I have been using for my Prime for the past 8-10 months. I put the ROM and Gapps on the MicroSD card. It is formatted in FAT32 through Windows. :)

Edit: How can I get my tablet to show up in Windows so I can transfer the necessary files to my Internal Storage and install them that way? I hear the noise when I plug in my tablet but it will not show up in my Windows. Using Windows 7 64-bit. ;)

Some later versions of TWRP had problems with big cards. Try a small one first formatted in fat32.

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
I was able to use adb push to get the ROM and GAPPS onto my device. I just went into cmd (command) on my windows and typed in the following:

cd android\sdk\platform-tools (where my adpush was located)

Then typed:

adb push c:\pac_tf201-nightly-20140128.zip /sdcard/ (I put my ROM onto my C: drive
adb push c:\gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip /sdcard/ for GAPPS.

It worked as I now have both ROM and GAPPS in my Internal Storage. Thank you SO MUCH Flumpster for all your help I really do appreciate it. :good:

Last question will the TWRP 2.6.3.0 Voyager recovery show up my TF201 on Windows so that I can transfer files that way or is that not possible?

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
I was able to use adb push to get the ROM and GAPPS onto my device. I just went into cmd (command) on my windows and typed in the following:

cd android\sdk\platform-tools (where my adpush was located)

Then typed:

adb push c:\pac_tf201-nightly-20140128.zip /sdcard/ (I put my ROM onto my C: drive
adb push c:\gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip /sdcard/ for GAPPS.

It worked as I now have both ROM and GAPPS in my Internal Storage. Thank you SO MUCH Flumpster for all your help I really do appreciate it. :good:

Last question will the TWRP 2.6.3.0 Voyager recovery show up my TF201 on Windows so that I can transfer files that way or is that not possible?

It wont show up like it does when you are in Android but you are still free to use adb to throw files over to any folder like you did with the zips.

If you don't like typing commands there are apps out there to help you. When I just did a quick google I found one I have never seen before but it looks cool.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057059

If that don't work get another.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.